What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy buckets and blueberries - oxygen

endgegner

Hi, I still have a lot of perlit left, so I was thinking about building a hempy bucket for blueberries. But I am not sure, if there will be enough oxygen as when looking for DWC examples, they said something about air stones or diffusers are needed for oxygen as they prefer it more dry.
But cannabis also likes it more dry and a hempy bucket works well with it, so I don't really know if a hempy bucket is a good idea due to my uncertainty with the oxygen.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi, I still have a lot of perlit left, so I was thinking about building a hempy bucket for blueberries. But I am not sure, if there will be enough oxygen as when looking for DWC examples, they said something about air stones or diffusers are needed for oxygen as they prefer it more dry.
But cannabis also likes it more dry and a hempy bucket works well with it, so I don't really know if a hempy bucket is a good idea due to my uncertainty with the oxygen.
Only one way to find out and that is to give it a try. Keep us posted friend if it's safe for you.

endgegner

Only one way to find out and that is to give it a try. Keep us posted friend if it's safe for you.
I will give it a try. In case I have oxxygen problems I can just repot it into another bucket with holes at the bottom and replace the perlite with cocos. It is not like the plant will immediately die from it and it may not be a problem since about 2/3 are not in water.