What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp psychoactivity

I’m fresh off a years long smoking hiatus. Years of smoking strong, homegrown and Malawi-cured Thai and African tripweed near constantly, while benign for many, pushed my feeble little cluster of neurons over the edge to where any thc caused me to panic.

But now I’m interested in smoking some cannabis again, this time CBD hemp from horn creek. My order is in the works now, four oz of their shake. Anyone have any idea what to expect effects wise when smoked? How does the effect compare to thc cannabis? Heart rate increase?

I ask because recent experiences with tested CBD/CBG edibles have occasionally gotten me high, strangely enough. In large doses even unpleasantly, panicky high. Call me a nut, maybe I’m hypersensitive but it happens. So I’d like to know if smoking would give me a better way to meter and titrate that feeling.

Old Piney

Yes it's also notable short acting when smoked or vaped .consuming large doses of even CBD (hemp) edibles I suppose can contain enough THC to get you high, at up to .3 percent THC it depends what's large. Regardless CBD is best not consumed in large doses it's affect isn't any better and you will only build tolerance quicker .Try vaping some good CBD flower you'll like it. Most CBD flower tasts like hay when smoked its much better vaped .If your using for sleep pain or anxiety small doses of edibles are best. You can make some canna oil with your shake I make it with coconut oil, use it for edibles or rub on for a topical pain rub

Last edited:
Do you made these edibles by yourself? If not maybe they just sold you some strong indica stuff instead of cbd leaning.

Good CBD stuff should relax you and calm you down, not be racy.

Shake means buds or is that some edible too?
They were gummies bought at the health food store from a popular brand here in oregon, their products are all lab tested and sold/grown under the farm bill. And shake is the sugar leaves and mini buds trimmed off during processing of flower, or the little broken bits at the bottom of a pound bag/jar. The stuff I ordered is just trim and the micro buds from their regular stuff and is testing at 10-15% CBD with sub-.03% THC

CannaZen

The flavor. The taste and my body. I smoke tobacco and drink a lot of coffee. If I could taste noble woods? Is all vegetation the same? Speaking of flavonoids.

goingrey

The flavor. The taste and my body. I smoke tobacco and drink a lot of coffee. If I could taste noble woods? Is all vegetation the same? Speaking of flavonoids.
Totally not all the same. Big differences in the taste of leaves between strains.

UFO

You’re not alone. I stopped smoking weed for years due to anxiety and paranoia. Never had those effects until weed in my area got stronger and the shwag disappeared lol. I’d probably be ok with pure indicas but CBD weed got me high when I tried it too lol and there was some slight anxiety but I was able to control it enough.

Latest posts

Latest posts