What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help using search function on site

jessethestoner

I have been trying for some time to search for older threads and specific posts with little success with the sites search function. It just does not seem to compute many search words or posts by users.

Cant get a members posts to show up. If a member has 1000s of posts, its incredibly hard to search through them

Can i get some tips for more accurate results

Cvh

Supermod
Hi,

Maybe you would want to check out the Advanced Search function.

You can even specify the member you would like to limit your search result.

Else let me know what you're trying to find so can maybe help you

Tahoe22

Came to this section of the forum to post about this very thing... the advanced search function is nice but as OP was stating, its almost too broad and i too have a difficult time locating certain posts in long threads id like to re read by keywords only (in the advanced search) to prevent having to read through hundreds or thousands of posts again to find something. The old format where you could search keywords within a specific thread was great

Cvh

Supermod
Came to this section of the forum to post about this very thing... the advanced search function is nice but as OP was stating, its almost too broad and i too have a difficult time locating certain posts in long threads id like to re read by keywords only (in the advanced search) to prevent having to read through hundreds or thousands of posts again to find something. The old format where you could search keywords within a specific thread was great
You can still search within a specific thread I think.

Open the thread you want to search through, click on the search icon in the above menu and change 'Everywhere' to ' This thread' and then add your keywords.

iMarkup_20230207_175308.jpg

jessethestoner

If I am looking at an old members posts, how do I view all of the posts they ever made? for members like sam skunkman, who has made 100s and 1000s of posts, how do i read every one back to their first post on the site? when looking at a members postings, half the time i click view older results, nothing comes up. and I know that it does not show the totality of some peoples posts on the site