What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help Please Plant problem:(

PunkboY

How do I solve this? it's the only plant acting like this. I did find aphids not sure if this is why it's clawing.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 3.50.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 3.50.25 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 3.50.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 3.50.40 PM.png
    976.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 3.50.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 3.50.51 PM.png
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 91

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like overwatering with possible root aphids. Root aphids are very hard to eradicate. The only way to know is to look at your roots well. That is an aphid in the pic. Get an organic preventative and let the medium dry better between feedings. A proper wet/dry cycle is important. Kept too wet you get root rot.

PunkboY

Looks like overwatering with possible root aphids. Root aphids are very hard to eradicate. The only way to know is to look at your roots well. That is an aphid in the pic. Get an organic preventative and let the medium dry better between feedings. A proper wet/dry cycle is important. Kept too wet you get root rot.
What do you recommend? They are now attacking all my plants. Doctor Doom Fogger?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you recommend? They are now attacking all my plants. Doctor Doom Fogger?
Having a good IPM schedule in place will prevent pest problems. Any good organic pesticide will work. You will have to ask others about what works for aphids. I use a product called grow safe biopesticide.. I deal with Thrips from time to time dep on the weather.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When plants are attacked by pests it's an indication the plants are very stressed. If you have bugs you need to change the growing conditions. Too hot, or too wet, or too dry or not enough breeze in the canopy. Missing or low amount of nutrients from the nutrient sequence. If you can take the infected plant into another area for a 10-day detox to get rid of the bugs. It would help.

stellis0358

Punkboy what did you end up using on your aphids? I discovered them on 2 of my outside autos today and wondering what I should treat them with. My sutos are only days away from harvesting.

KIS

Punkboy what did you end up using on your aphids? I discovered them on 2 of my outside autos today and wondering what I should treat them with. My sutos are only days away from harvesting.
If you're close to harvest, I'd just use water to mechanically remove them from the leaves. You don't really have any biocontrol options and you don't really want to spray anything that late in flower. Or just ride it out.

V4vendetta

High N and wet soil will attract pests. Aphids arnt too hard to deal with compared to trips when treating plants with insecticidal soap although I wouldnt use in flower.
I agree with the good wet/dry cycles too. Maybe add some pelleted lime as a light top-dress, if it is in fact is root aphids. If you short on cash dry wall works too.
Hope things get better quick.