What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me please! Cloudy water and pH raising constantly.

Bellsprout

Thats what’s happening to my water in the past 2 weeks, I changed the full tank of water already 3 times and scrubbed the box with bleach, rinsed and filled with fresh tap water and distilled, plus the nuts and ph- solution, but once a week the water condition reaches this point. I’m afraid it’s something like a microorganisms but I really don’t know what to do.. plants seems fine for now but the roots haven’t reach the water yet. If somebody understand what’s happening here please let me know, changing the water hasn’t changed the situation.. maybe clay pebbles are infected too? I’m looking for a solution myself but I’m a new grower that’s my 2nd cycle of hydro ever.. thanks in advance for your help guys, one love

Attachments

• IMG_5839.jpeg
    IMG_5839.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5838.jpeg
    IMG_5838.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5837.jpeg
    IMG_5837.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5835.jpeg
    IMG_5835.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5834.jpeg
    IMG_5834.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5832.jpeg
    IMG_5832.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5831.jpeg
    IMG_5831.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52

Dr.Mantis

Not a hydro guy, so take what I say with a big ol chunk of salt.

Are you only changing your reservoir once a week? When I used a hydro solution in my cloned I had to change it every 2 days max. The reality is, there are microbes everywhere, so they are going to pop up, even if you clean really well. If you think it’s hanging out in your system, you may want to recirculate some bleach through your system for a while ( not connected to your plants obv ), that way the pump and tubing gets cleaned too. Finally you can add a little peroxide to your reservoir to keep things at bay, but this will also potentially oxidize some of your ions, like iron.

Good luck!

greyfader

it looks to me like your nutrients have precipitated. what are you using and what mixing order do you use?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
That's biological growth. I literally switched to r/o water completely when I had this problem years ago. Cleaned everything using r/o and bleach, then kept tap water away from all equipment and anything to do with the hydro setup. Simply rinsing a meter in tap water and testing the res would re-contaminate it and I'd have snot within 4-6 days.

The other thought would be one of your nutes/etc are from, or contaminated with, organic material of some kind. This would contaminate your res every time you used it.

Good luck, and hoping it's simply a bad product issue.

Ca++

User posting the same thread twice, with no follow up

Latest posts

Latest posts