What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me please! Cloudy water and pH raising constantly.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Find out if it's your water or your nutes first...

If this happens after you add a specific nutrient, you likely need to stop using that nutrient.

If this happens with non-organic sourced nutes (Plain NPK stuff), your issue is the water supply. If this is your problem, it's the same one I've had before.

Clean everything with R/O filtered water and bleach. (EVERYTHING touching nutrient solution)
Use only r/o filtered water for washing, add-backs and everything including rinsing your meters, hands and any tools.

Game on!

Yeah, it's a pita to not be able to use tap but you get used to it. I eventually moved to a clean water supply.

Meci

Thats what’s happening to my water in the past 2 weeks, I changed the full tank of water already 3 times and scrubbed the box with bleach, rinsed and filled with fresh tap water and distilled, plus the nuts and ph- solution, but once a week the water condition reaches this point. I’m afraid it’s something like a microorganisms but I really don’t know what to do.. plants seems fine for now but the roots haven’t reach the water yet. If somebody understand what’s happening here please let me know, changing the water hasn’t changed the situation.. maybe clay pebbles are infected too? I’m looking for a solution myself but I’m a new grower that’s my 2nd cycle of hydro ever.. thanks in advance for your help guys,

1 don't allow light reach your water
2 use hypoclorous acid. Like total care or Cleanse. You will istantly end your problem!

Meci

1 don't allow light reach your water
2 use hypoclorous acid. Like total care or Cleanse. You will istantly end your problem!
Remember do not use any organic component cuz HClO kills everything so you need to go full inorganic, amd hesi is good for it! Don't worry just add it and you will see the results instantly

kuku32

you can use some organic additives like "bio bloom g.h. t.a." but in small amounts.
micorizha also can help for ph drifts.just clean up everything use a standar veg,bloom and micronutrient synthetic combo add a little dose of micorizha inside put your ph at 5.5-5.8 max for veg and 6 to 6.5 max for flowering.You need those ph drifts so dont panic with ph cause plants absorbing,eating different things to every ph drift so its ok.im doing dwc more than 6 years in a row