What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me choose a tent?

AnonMe

Hello everyone,

I've decided I want a tent for my next grow. Something as large, or larger than 2.0 wide and 1.0 deep.

I'm just having a hard time picking a tent and have the following options and I hope anyone with any experience with any of these brands can give some kind of feed back.

SeaHawk
2.4x1.2x2.0
$350

GrowLab
2.4x1.2x2.0
$400

Unknown Brand on local's web site
2.4x1.2x2.0
$500

Gardis Head room
2.4x1.2x2.15
$379

JungleRoom
2.2x1.2x2.0
$400

So far, I am leaning towards the Gardis Head room. If anyone has experience with it please let me know. It has an extra 150mm height which is handy but the main attraction is the welded metal corner pieces. Not those plastic connectors. I've split some of those in the past. A real pain.

I am pretty sure I also seen little velcro disks you can stick over the exhaust ports that you're not using. Thats pretty handy and $379 is reasonable.

The other option is ebay, and there are a HEAP of grow rooms on there. They appear to be a bit cheaper, maybe a couple of hundred cheaper in some cases but I always treat ebay as a "no warrenty" situation. Any thoughts on that?

Anyway, if anyone can offer a comment that might help me make a decision I thank you.

RonSmooth

Veteran
I would stay away from anything that costs much less than the established brands. Buy the best you can afford, it'll save you from buying both in the end.

AnonMe

Yah good advice Ronnie,

I done a search for the brands/seller on google and it linked back to icmag and an old post. People talking about how crapola the quality was... tents falling appart etc.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
you cant go wrong with secret jardin, have one thats about 5 years old and its still in good condition. zip still works great,

pay the extra few dollars and get quality

The Stu

Yep, gunna hear the same from me. You will get what you pay for. Im a fan of growlab myself. Gorilla tents might also be worth a look. My 2c.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Grow Lab or the new Gorilla Tents are what I would say are your best options here in OZ
I have seen those Sea Hawk tents around but haven't heard any feedback on them though, also be careful that you don't get a "Street Edition" Secret Jardin if you go for that brand, the Street Editions are made of flimsy and lighter material than the normal ones, that is why they are cheaper.
The Gorillas also have the most amount of headroom available in tents, not sure by how much but they are higher than the normal 2m and spare headroom inside a grow tent is always a good thing :D
Let us all know how you get on please :tiphat:
:smoke out: