What's new

Help getting off the scipts!!!!

B

BURNING SKY

Help getting off the scripts!!!!
I have a friend that is in the belief that her prescription drugs are doing more harm than good. I myself have always held this belief that mother nature knows best. She takes medication for both Depression and ADHD and believes these drugs are holding her back from living to her full potential. Now I am no doctor, but I do tell her that if she feels the way she does it may be best to stop taking the medication for a while and determine how she feels and to except that certain things change and she may not need these DRUGS anymore. The problem is she does not know if she can fight the dependency she may have developed and it scares her quite a bit. With all this said my friend believed that Cannabis was nothing but something lazy people do. Needless to say I corrected that statement with factual knowledge that she looked into and found to be sound facts. Since this opinion on Cannabis I have been very successful in opening her eyes to a new world. This is actually something she thanked me for and has now seen through the media into something beautiful. My question is if anyone has suffered from these so call menatal problems. I appologize if the word mental offends anyone it was not my intention. For ADHD she takes a medication prescribed by the name of (Vyvanse) I have a link posted to drugs.com to get the overall effects of this drug. http://www.drugs.com/vyvanse.html

For depression it is a medication called (Pristiq)
http://www.drugs.com/search.php?sear..._main_search=1

Now after reading about these medications I was hoping there may be a medical proffessional out there that would speak with me about these drugs as I said I am no doctor but should these medications be taken stacked together? The side effects seem as if they would counter the overall effects of both DRUGS.

I am hoping that someone out there will have some insite for her and any and all advice as she has taken well to cannabis and its medicinal properties. I would just like any advice on strains and different natural and spiritual methods of controlling these so called disfunctions. I myself suffer from ADHD and use only cannabis to treat this I just believe my situation may not be as severe. I choose not to use prescriptions because of beliefs of profiting off of illness. Who is to say that ADD-ADHD is a problem when something is of interest I dont believe there is a better work ethic than someone with ADHD. If it is not captivating to ones mind you may begin to ramble with multiple task as I do. Now as far as depression goes she has suffered things in her life that no woman should have to experience or any man for that matter. If you can imagine the most horrific situtaion a husband can put a wife through you still would not scratch the surface of what she grew up with as a child and young woman believe me you cant. I would like to share these situations but it is not for the public and I do appologize and thats why I hope a proffessional would like to conduct a private conversation where I can share these things if given her permission otherwise it is a boundery I will not cross and appologize if it puts a road block up for help from the general public on this site.

Thanks to all who voice and share there opinions ahead of time as they are all apprecitaed more than you know.

Burning-Sky

HighTech

Hi there,

I have two psychiatric illness's which would be categorized as "severe" and also a personality disorder, (again total bummer but severe) haha.

Ive had experience with many anti depressants including pristiq. I now only take one medication for one of my illness's despite doctors orders. My doctor knows i smoke marijuana and has NEVER told me to stop he understands that its the glue holding my fabric together.

I believe i could give you lots of invaluable information to help you and i will make it my absolute duty to try to do so.

While I'm not a medical professional, My diagnosis led me to an obsession with understanding the medication i took, as i knew what the first doctor slapped on the wound would of hardly been well though out.

On the chance your not able to get your post count up to discuss this further ill say this.

MEDS

Anti depressants are good at one thing, making you worry less.

They dont motivate you, "REMOVE" your depression or give you any sort of physical energy back.

WEED

Weed can motivate you, can give you eneregy, can make you tired, can make you paranoid, can make you irritated, can make you calm.

Weed is life, weed has ups and downs and inbetweens.

Remember EVERYONE is different, and marijuana might be terrible for your friend.

Plz get your posts to 50 and i can give you reports on all the different ive been on basicly.

Below is a ling to a study on weed as an anti-psychotic (anti-psychotics) generally make you go all calm, stop hallucinating or deluding.
Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an antipsychotic drug

http://www.scielo.br/pdf/bjmbr/v39n4/6164.pdf

HTH

HT

:abduct:

G

Cannabis is a very useful plant. It can be used for textile applications, a food source, fuel, recreational conciousness exploration, and last but certianly not least medicine.

Canna has an incredible and very diverse range of medicinal properties due to the vast amount of different types. We call them strains, phenos, lines, what have you; this is all very different genetic material each giving slightly different effects. Each set of genes give not only a different effect from its psychoactives cannaboid profile, but different smells and essential oils make each unique. The aromatic terpines work in conjunction with the psychoactive cannaboids to give a full effect.

All of this is subjective and each will have a unique experience, as we are all different and have different brain chemistry. Some cuts affect some one way, while another may have a different experience. Often there is a canna to cure what ail you is my thinking, just finding it may take some time.

Variety will a great tool to use in finding the best fit for you friend, but also looking over this list may help gather a general concensus of what other have sucess with. This was start by the late Dr. Jay rip friend, toke one for you Dr. Jay. http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=3570&page=9

So much of this is general, as not much extensive research has been done with canna. Although canna has been used for centuries, it is still not had its genetic code mapped/looked into extensively as other plants. You and you friend are in a way on the forefront of modern medicine if you ask me. Getting off the pharma drugs may be difficult at first, but the mind is a very powerful thing. Tell her to be strong and she can overcome this temporary addiction to man made chemical pharma drugs, her mind has to shift it thinking of need/want the pharmacuticals.

The best way to achieve this imo is to medicate in a variety of ways, with a variety of different types of canna. Find which works best, at which times of the day or for which mood. The subtleties of the canna, are what give it its specific medicinal properties if you ask me. All the smells and effects working with each other to deliver one complex effect.

Figure out which ones for when can prove very useful, but also is work. When medicating for true patients, is best imo to not always simply overindulge. Finding the appropriate dosage and time incriments coupled with the effects desired will make all the difference in the world. Even the difference from bong, to bubbler, to edible, to vaporizer, to joint. These will all slightly alter the experience, and when medicating for true medical reasons this begins to be important. Simply getting stoned does not work for all medical treatments with canna.

Kind of some ramblings in here, but hope you find it useful. Positive vibes and energy to you and you friend. Keep her strong mind, and stock with variety of canna. Eat healthy and get plenty of excercise while making this transition. Stay busy both physically and mentally, though make it a happy mental activity.

not a doctor

WoodsyOwl

Anti-depressants help to placate the symptoms of depression. An ADHD diagnosis is a convoluted ordeal, whereas most decent psychiatrists won't prescribe an ADHD medicine without a concrete diagnosis.

If the good doctors thought she should some weed instead of taking pharmaceuticals then they would've prescribed weed. But they didn't and probably won't.

P.S. Tapering off of Pristiq to cessation is one of the most physically painful experiences I've had. The physical sensation is described by many as "brain zaps." it feels like an executioner is fucking with you as you wear that conductive sea-sponge and metal hemisphere on your head.

Helps Me

Well I am no dr, but have been into studying Natural and Orthomolecular medicine for years.

I don't know enough about how to get off drugs using weed, but...

If it were me, I would not stop an anti-depressant med suddenly!

Your friend should see a Naturopath or similar dr to help him/her wean slowly off and onto a more natural approach of balancing the neurotransmitters (extra magnesium, other vit/minerals like Lithium Orotate, L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP, Melatonin, etc along this line are great mood-stabalizers, natural serotonin boosters).

Your friend should find a dr who has knowledge and experience of helping one wean slowly and carefully off of strong prescription drugs like antidepressants using some or a mix of the above vit/mins, herbs, etc.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts