What's new

Help! Dying (?)

Flowering nutrients, epsom salt, and calcium.

Normally I give her flowering nutrients with a little hydrogen peroxide.

She's been doing SUPER, up until last night.
This just happend all of a sudden.

toofat said:
How much epsom salt?

2 teaspoons per gallon.
She was given a gallon.

The reason he gave her epsom salt is because, according to the "Indoor Marijuana Horticulture bible", her leafs looked like they were magnesium deprived.

full time daddy
Veteran
spongebob420 said:
2 teaspoons per gallon.
She was given a gallon.

The reason he gave her epsom salt is because, according to the "Indoor Marijuana Horticulture bible", her leafs looked like they were magnesium deprived.
''

that might have done it. if i remeber right its 1/2 tsp per gal. thats what i do and mine has not had much lock out this time.
id flush with ph water. for the next few days

it looks like the salt locked out other nutes

G

I'd say two things...
Either you accidentally gave her a lower feeding strength and ended up with a bit of reverse osmosis, or you did OD her on epsom salts. It's definately 1/2 tspoon per gallon. No more.

Last edited:

Dr. D

Veteran
epsom

epsom

Iv added alot more epsom than that to my plants and never had any problems, like a tablespoon to a litre, Apparently if u add epsom to ur feed program one avery 2 weeks or so the plants take in co2 better and they take in the nutes better too , has anyone else ever heard this? peace

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1. A mild flush with a light nutrient solution.
2. Feed them a mild nitrogen-rich meal! Your ladies are asking for some nitrogen. Many people think they need little or no nitrogen during flowering. That's not true at all. It's best to feed them plenty of n through 1/2 of flowering, then reduce or eliminate it after that. A sign that your plants need nitrogen is that the leaf stems go purple or red (where they were'nt before), and the leaves take on a dark green, shiny look. These are usually signs of a n deficiency. After this stage the leaves will get more and more yellow.

Most fertiliser companies use 2 or 3 part feeding programs. Organic fertilisers usually have a veg and a bloom formula. In order to ensure that our plants get enough n through 1/2 of flowering, I will mix 50% veg formula and 50% bloom formula. That way we are feeding them a more balanced NPK number, with enough n to satisfy their needs. For example, I use Earth Juice veg and bloom. The directions call for 1 tablespoon per gallon of either one - depending on what stage we're in... So, instead of adding 1 tablespoon of just the bloom formula (during the first 1/2 of flowering) I will add 1/2 tablespoon of bloom to the water, then 1/2 tablespoon of veg. This will give me an NPK value of about 2-4-1 (veg=2-1-1 and bloom =0-3-1). If I didn't mix them, I would get NO nitrogen at all for flowering. And since nitrogen is used for the construction of cells, I'd say it's pretty important to keep it around for a while! :)

As far as the H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) - I'd stop bothering with it. It DOES provide a little boon to the oxygen levels in the soil, but it's known to kill bacteria, both bad and good bacteria. What happens when 30,000,000 bacteria are killed at once? It's like a genocide that no one will come and pick up after. This just leads to lots of decay in the soil and no organisms left alive to eat up the mess. H2O2 is best used in hydroponic systems.

Epsom salts are cool. We don't use them right now, but they're not bad to use. We never used any more than 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water. And it's only really beneficial during flowering.

Also, if you don't already, I would start keeping a bucket full of water around. The bucket allows your water supply to sit out for 24-48 hours before using it on your plants. This time allows for gas exchanges to occur. There are usually gases in tap water that need time to escape. Some of these gases are chlorine, flourine and other such unwanted boloney.

Funny, I only intended to give one or 2 lines of advice, but sometimes I just let it fly :)

cc

^^^**As far as the H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) - I'd stop bothering with it. It DOES provide a little boon to the oxygen levels in the soil, but it's known to kill bacteria, both bad and good bacteria.**

Im converted too...i dont bother with hydrogen peroxide in soil-(less) mediums anymore. Its easy to over do it and its better in hydro. Last time i used it in soil imo it did alter the taste of the bud considerably.

Each to their own, and yeah it looks like solution burn. Im tipping the hydrogen peroxide, how much did you put in?
Flush to be on the safe side for sure.

Some info on epsom salts also:

**Either add a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of epsom salts or lime (both will effectively reduce the lockout or invest into a reverse osmosis water filter.
Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients. **

Reference

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts