What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello

tricloud

Thought I'd say hey and explain who I am before I start making a bunch of posts.

I started growing in the mid 70's. I couldn't afford much weed back then so the idea of growing my own started a long journey that I'm still walking down the path of right now over 40 years later.

Learning how to breed came through trial and error and reading a couple books and high times magazines. The Ask Ed articles were the best part of the rag for me. Growing has almost always been a top interest for me and it don't just end at cannabis.

Since growing was almost a necessity, so was breeding.... I started making my own seeds in 1987 and have been doing it ever since. It was a tougher game for me back then because at first it was mostly done outdoors for me because I was renting and didn't have the credit or cash to buy my own place.

I learned a lot through the years by educating myself through reading and being observant to what was going on. When medical marijuana came to Michigan I was already quite knowledgeable and growing quite fine cannabis indoors.

I started growing indoors in 1987 also but acquiring good indoor seeds took years and it took years to learn that it was very tough to grow outdoor varieties in an indoor setting without having serious hermaphrodite issues. Once in a while we would find some ladies that didn't herm but this topic is for another post.

I grew indoors intermittently from 87 til about 2002 and have grown indoors ever since but I have been breeding constantly since 1987. I also grew outdoors from the mid 70's until about 2009 when we went medical and decided it was time to give it up as it wasn't actually legal to grow outdoors here in Michigan yet.

That brings me to the fact about the outdoor gray area laws here. A guy got busted growing medical cannabis outdoors and he was the first case or what we were calling the test case at the time. I was going to his trials to show support along with other card holders and other people such as family and media etc. Anyway a lot of talk went on before hearings and the smokers quicky weeded themselves out and would smoke with eachother after court.

People quickly recognized that I had serious fire and shortly I was writing a column in the Michigan Medical Marijuana Magazine, called "Ask The Expert Grower". I never claimed to be an expert and still don't. I only wrote the column for 2 years or so before the mag went bust though.

Through that time I shortly served on the board of the Genesee County Compassion Club.

I also collected signatures to legalize medical cannabis in Michigan. I probably instigated a couple rally's at the state capitol when legal cannabis patients were getting hassled. I went to several rallies at the capitol to stand up against the oppression that was coming down on the legal marijuana patients in Michigan.

I used to have a sub forum in the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association called Tricloud Genetics. Times changed but I never stopped making seeds. I've noticed a need for serious breeders.... Breeders that breed true breeding IBL's. In other breeders who breed a pack of say blueberry and nearly every female from 1 pack of seeds is a blueberry. So I decided to start working my lines and other lines into true breeding IBL's. Yeah it's going to take work and time but somebody has to do it. I'm sure there are a handful of breeders out there with intentions similar to mine but there don't seem to be many.

Through my own searching for certain flavors, I've noticed an outcry for better quality and more consistent varieties. That's where it's at. Not trying to toot my horn here just thought this should be my starting point here at ICMAG.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Tricloud, please share the strains that most interest you for medical and personal works. I'm along the Canadian border in North Dakota. I have used Lebanese and Nepalese genetics for their semi auto flowering traits and high quality of cannabinoids.

I use my old indoor grow room for a hash making/drying room now. I built a greenhouse 8 years ago now. Though I can't go through the winter months indoors or in the greenhouse. I am and have made great strides in improving my knowledge, experience and growing environment.

Tricloud I hope you will join the VIP section and share your knowledge with the community 😉. More people are joining in on the pleasures of growing, we need more people teaching them how to do it right.
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion

Persianfarmer

Thought I'd say hey and explain who I am before I start making a bunch of posts.

I started growing in the mid 70's. I couldn't afford much weed back then so the idea of growing my own started a long journey that I'm still walking down the path of right now over 40 years later.

Learning how to breed came through trial and error and reading a couple books and high times magazines. The Ask Ed articles were the best part of the rag for me. Growing has almost always been a top interest for me and it don't just end at cannabis.

Since growing was almost a necessity, so was breeding.... I started making my own seeds in 1987 and have been doing it ever since. It was a tougher game for me back then because at first it was mostly done outdoors for me because I was renting and didn't have the credit or cash to buy my own place.

I learned a lot through the years by educating myself through reading and being observant to what was going on. When medical marijuana came to Michigan I was already quite knowledgeable and growing quite fine cannabis indoors.

I started growing indoors in 1987 also but acquiring good indoor seeds took years and it took years to learn that it was very tough to grow outdoor varieties in an indoor setting without having serious hermaphrodite issues. Once in a while we would find some ladies that didn't herm but this topic is for another post.

I grew indoors intermittently from 87 til about 2002 and have grown indoors ever since but I have been breeding constantly since 1987. I also grew outdoors from the mid 70's until about 2009 when we went medical and decided it was time to give it up as it wasn't actually legal to grow outdoors here in Michigan yet.

That brings me to the fact about the outdoor gray area laws here. A guy got busted growing medical cannabis outdoors and he was the first case or what we were calling the test case at the time. I was going to his trials to show support along with other card holders and other people such as family and media etc. Anyway a lot of talk went on before hearings and the smokers quicky weeded themselves out and would smoke with eachother after court.

People quickly recognized that I had serious fire and shortly I was writing a column in the Michigan Medical Marijuana Magazine, called "Ask The Expert Grower". I never claimed to be an expert and still don't. I only wrote the column for 2 years or so before the mag went bust though.

Through that time I shortly served on the board of the Genesee County Compassion Club.

I also collected signatures to legalize medical cannabis in Michigan. I probably instigated a couple rally's at the state capitol when legal cannabis patients were getting hassled. I went to several rallies at the capitol to stand up against the oppression that was coming down on the legal marijuana patients in Michigan.

I used to have a sub forum in the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association called Tricloud Genetics. Times changed but I never stopped making seeds. I've noticed a need for serious breeders.... Breeders that breed true breeding IBL's. In other breeders who breed a pack of say blueberry and nearly every female from 1 pack of seeds is a blueberry. So I decided to start working my lines and other lines into true breeding IBL's. Yeah it's going to take work and time but somebody has to do it. I'm sure there are a handful of breeders out there with intentions similar to mine but there don't seem to be many.

Through my own searching for certain flavors, I've noticed an outcry for better quality and more consistent varieties. That's where it's at. Not trying to toot my horn here just thought this should be my starting point here at ICMAG.
Welcome brother!
Looking forward to reading you

Latest posts

Latest posts