What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello Xen

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Is it possible to change the number of posts per page? Downloading all these high quality pics 15 times to see the latest posts is killing my data allowance
I'm having issues with the picture heavy thread too... the pictures are not loaded/loading until I scroll down on the page, which makes it feel like I'm on dial-up internet servicre again.

Uludag

Hey Steven! :smoke out: is it anyhow possible to deactivate the standard smileys? So that i only can see the IC smileys?

Or another solution would be the top smileys change to last use. PLease bro this top smileys are so ugly nobody want that :laughing::biggrin:

Screenshot 2022-05-04 172912.png

:bow:
:smoke out:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Please try unchecking notifications in your profile settings and re-enabling them.
I've seen a couple instances of this happening too. I noticed one because I saw a post show up in the "latest post". After looking at the tread I've now seen notifications to post in it...

StevenHXF

Administrator
I've seen a couple instances of this happening too. I noticed one because I saw a post show up in the "latest post". After looking at the tread I've now seen notifications to post in it...

Yes, please try re-setting your notification settings if this happens to you. We've tested it and that is usually enough to get things to play ball. (y)

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Yes, please try re-setting your notification settings if this happens to you. We've tested it and that is usually enough to get things to play ball. (y)
it started working next time some one posted after I looked at the tread. there have been only one post since then. I didn't click one thing.

Rico Swazi

Morn Steven, in case it hasn't been mentioned before
the F5 key and mouse activated refresh button doesn't refresh the page
clicking with mouse 'what's new' or 'new activity' does tho

Edit- forgot to add Xen uses much less resources than Vb on my desktop
old software would always run not letting my computer go to sleep, now it does
running win10 Firefox browser
#XenForev

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Please please please can we reduce the post count per page? 20 posts per page in a picture heavy thread just doesn't work. Half the pictures don't show and it kills everyone's data allowance. It will also be increasing the sites data costs as the pictures are all being viewed far more often than they need to be to reply to a thread. A drop to 10 would help everyone, 6 or 7 would be even better.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe add option if possible for each user to select his own. But don't take me down to 10 per page mandatory or I'll get crazy. Even add a option for 40 if you add one for 10

highfidelity

Maybe add option if possible for each user to select his own. But don't take me down to 10 per page mandatory or I'll get crazy. Even add a option for 40 if you add one for 10
10s definitely too low as the only option. I'd like seeing more at once because I can open the link in the app Google Go to have it read the thread aloud without taking breaks to jump to the next page. Some other forum I was on had options for between 5 and 100 pages at a time so the user could pick. Only issue there is when people start referencing "that post on page 5" that's really on page 50 or something.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'm on 4G, not 5G.
Also, what's better for the site, is better for the user. Ask gypsy if he would rather double the sites costs or halve them.
I agree but having everyone at 10 posts is borderline stupid. I'd reduce max pic upload size before I would touch that. But @StevenHXF is a very smart guy and said already had things planned regarding optimising server load/pic size ect. So I am sure a solution will be found someway.