What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello everyone!

Im a new member and first-time grower looking for some help and advices from people that have experience in growing cannabis. First of all, my name is Luka. I am currently living in Croatia (EU) and I recently I decided to try out my first-ever grow. I got some seeds from Fast buds (Sour diesel auto). After I sucessfully germinated 2 seeds, I planted them into jiffys and then to soil (one pot is light-mix soil, while the other is soil used for flowers, I ran out of light-mix so I had to use the other one as I was unable to get any other soil at the very moment. For my first time I ordered HESI starter kit which apparently contains all of the nutrients needed for a plant (from seed to harvest?). They are progressing good so far as I can tell. They are usually exposed to sunlight during daytime (it is only like 12h of sunlight at the shiniest days; from dawn to sunset and as I figured out autos need as much as possible; I try to stick to 18/6 schedule; so when sun goes down I move them insight a box (handmade lets say just to get that extra light during night, then they get their 6 hrs of rest and continue doing the same thing; if its cloudy or too windy I put them inside as well as I dont want to risk anything unnecessarily since they are just babies. So after being given water for a week (properly I guess since they didnt get over/underwatered so far) I started to introduce them with a very little dose of nuts (less than it says on feeding chart) - I actually found a chart for hesi from fastbuds from a week 1 to end (will post below). So after I watered them with nuts for the first time I didnt water them at all the other day because the soil felt still moist on the surface and today surface of soil is almost completely dried out so I was thinking to give them some water today as it is very shiny and the temp is like 28 degrees Celsius (also a bit windy but nothing too serious). So I wanted to ask if they started showing some problems? One plant has leaves turned up a lot and I figured out its probably because of too much light (this is the one planted with soil used for flowers not the lightmix soil and it is a bit more tiny than the other one which is planted in lightmix). The other plant started showing some leaves curl? And some spots on leaves? I would like to know if I made any mistakes and which ones in particular and how to avoid new ones? I figured out this might be because of nuts maybe? But I dont know because I didnt give them much just as advised and for a strain im growing i figured out she actually needs a higher amount of nuts. Maybe this is the problem, or maybe something else? Any advice or suggestions would be much much appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck growing everyone!

Photos in order (first 3 days) and (one week old with 1 feeding) + feeding chart

Attachments

• 064DB523-0442-4846-9FD9-FD41C65F9DDD.jpeg
    064DB523-0442-4846-9FD9-FD41C65F9DDD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • 8E7C9ED4-2D2D-4043-B815-94F3AC72FB49.jpeg
    8E7C9ED4-2D2D-4043-B815-94F3AC72FB49.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • 0A289B71-E9EA-4FF7-BA4F-4974424CBD41.jpeg
    0A289B71-E9EA-4FF7-BA4F-4974424CBD41.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 4875C607-841C-4F17-95F6-75FFA6DF040F.jpeg
    4875C607-841C-4F17-95F6-75FFA6DF040F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • 4FF680DE-818C-4FE1-B934-761E4B8C8A7F.jpeg
    4FF680DE-818C-4FE1-B934-761E4B8C8A7F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • E7EB5920-FC41-44E1-98AB-C9FC5B08C4D7.jpeg
    E7EB5920-FC41-44E1-98AB-C9FC5B08C4D7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • 76A86AC5-F7EB-45F1-A666-0BAF13C4286D.jpeg
    76A86AC5-F7EB-45F1-A666-0BAF13C4286D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 78C71644-20C8-435F-838B-D087AA3AE407.png
    78C71644-20C8-435F-838B-D087AA3AE407.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 58

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
Welcome to ic, Westbrook0112. It is nice to see a grower from Croatia! :rasta:

They look fine to me. Do not be afraid of wind - it helps build strong stalks and you can always stake the plant for support. It sounds like you are watering correctly – letting it dry out in-between. Slow and easy is always the best approach with nutes - especially at this stage of growth. Others here can give you better advice about dirt growing.

GhostGenetics

For your first attempt westbrook they are looking nice. They are both looking healthy and the leaves pointing up like that means they are pretty happy, well done so far bro! I also used hesi for my first grow many years ago, it is a very good nutrient, and for seedlings you are wise to give less than more! Dry surface soil is a good indicator of when to possibly water, also check the pot weight as they are just seedlings they will not be using all the water towards the bottom. Just be careful giving nutrients at this stage, especially to the one in the flower mix soil, it will probably have more nutrients in the mix

Hey guys! Very much appreciated that you checked in on post just to make sure everything is going smooth. Feels good to know that im doing it right so far ;))
Since it is my first-ever grow Im just starting to get to know the process and everything and Im trying to at least grow up some healthy plants I dont care too much about yield for my first time. Would just be amazing if they finish growing healthy. Next time gonna give these girls proper conditions indoor. Again thanks for your replies and suggestions, advices, very much appreciated! Cheers folks! I might check in ocassionally if I face any problems or if I will need any help. Good luck growing everyone!

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway
Welcome and all the best for your first grow. ✌️

One plant has leaves turned up a lot and I figured out its probably because of too much light (this is the one planted with soil used for flowers not the lightmix soil and it is a bit more tiny than the other one which is planted in lightmix).
That's a good thing. ;) There is no "too much light" except for too close to the lamp or too hot. If you have the right distance to the lamps, there can't be not enough light. :)

Welcome and all the best for your first grow. ✌️

That's a good thing. ;) There is no "too much light" except for too close to the lamp or too hot. If you have the right distance to the lamps, there can't be not enough light. :)
Thanks bro, really appreciate that! Probably a light was a bit too close when indoors overnight but I’ll figure it out and do my best to make them balanced of course ;)
So temperature was like 30 today with like 50% air humidity and they did bend leaves upwards so it was probably because of too much heat? And I didnt water them today as the soil was a little bit moist still so feeding/watering is on schedule tommorow. Hope everything will be okay 🙏