What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Headbanger

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
hey - i have '2' headbanger ladies i've had going for 3 grows - i'm at 72 days from going 12/12 and the ladies are still showing mostly clear tricomes... they are under 315 cmh's- i'm thinking on goi

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have 5 of them backed up, I'm between 3, 4 and 8 for the moment.

3 is super hashy and sour, 4 has a sweet sandalwood like component to the taste and 8 has a taste and smell that reminds me of some shower gels :chin:

Not necessarily, even though the ones I mentioned were the cleaner, they are worth a second run to determine if it was my fault and they stay clean.

edit : Also I have only found a couple immature seeds in several grams smoked so it could be that they are mostly sterile. I expected a lot more seeds for the amount of them.
You should absolutely run all your clones at least once before making your choice on the keeper or keepers. I've seen many plants doing better from clone compared to the seed run. I guess you have enjoyed your harvest those last weeks, for me once I smoked some Headbanger I made my best to have at least one clone of it in my runs. I have now some Acid Dawg to replace the HB, I wait to harvest the clones run to see if I keep doing some AD or get a pack of HB.

JustGrowing420

Some headbanger hash after one month curing... strong shit

hb hash.JPG

hb hash1.JPG

JustGrowing420

I am sorry to inform you that this is the last of it and its going down right now :laughing:

I have saved a humble gram or so to taste in another month and that's it.

Maybe next time I can control myself better.... very hard

bibi40

I am sorry to inform you that this is the last of it and its going down right now :laughing:

I have saved a humble gram or so to taste in another month and that's it.

Maybe next time I can control myself better.... very hard
you' re a bad guy bro ....
but i know what you' re talking about , i takes me few years to become ( a bit ) patient :ROFLMAO:
and since it don' t match with my apetite for hash , my conclusion is that i have to turn a whole harvest for get a lot for last my whole year ....

:p

kro-magnon

Veteran
Some headbanger hash after one month curing... strong shit

View attachment 18725627

View attachment 18725628
Oh my god, it must be some delicious hash you have there, I totally understand you were not able to restrain yourself with this type of irresistible goodies. I'd need huge quantity of a hash like that to make it last a few months or a year. I guess it must be a powerful and tasty smoke. You really made a great job with your plants and harvest, good for you man, enjoy as long as you can.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
good luck finding that special lady... many,many years ago we found an elite in a cheap,cheap pack of nirvana seeds... jock horror (based on jack herer) - probably a buck ,maybe 2 per seed - the shit was ass kickin, but being old and stupid, we didn't take a cutting - we have gone thru 2 1/2 packs of jock, and a whole pack of jack herer and never found that pheno again... we still have 1/2 pack of the jock, and every couple of grows we pop one in the ground to see if out luck has changed - in 20+ years of growing, that was the only elite plant we have found...

Hash Artist

Popped a pack of Headbanger this season for outdoor. Seeds don’t germ easy but eventually all 11 cracked. I ended up with 5 beautiful females. Each with their own favorable traits so as for now gonna hang onto all 5 until smoke test and clone run. HB#1-#5.
The #1 is biggest at about 7ft, spaced out structure, massive yield, biggest resin heads and smell.
#2 is medium 5ft, vertical stacking structure, very dark red hairs, distinctive bud structure, sandy resin, very little smell during flower only now developing with a deep sour burnt rubber kush smell.
#3 is 5ft similar structure as the #2 but not as leafy-more golf ball tight shape bud, very sticky resin, similar smell as #2 but much more fragrant and with added sweetness up front.
#4 was different from the beginning, very small at 2ft, slower rooting, less vigorous, strange nld leaf deformation, same red hairs and smell as #2 but more fragrant.
#5 4ft has the most color, distinctive bud structure, great bud to leaf ratio, good resin and smallest trichs complex smell dark sour burnt rubber fuel kush.

Pics should be in order 1-5. Would love some questions, feedback or speculation, as I’m still trying to narrow it down to 2-3 keeper max. All the people saying choosing a keeper would be tough decision weren’t joking!

Big thanks to Karma for the genetics!!

Attachments

• C2A67B10-A018-4855-8144-5641AC81044C.jpeg
    C2A67B10-A018-4855-8144-5641AC81044C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
  • 77D17E54-03B3-4F9A-A516-29323D80CBEA.jpeg
    77D17E54-03B3-4F9A-A516-29323D80CBEA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 170
  • CF985943-47A8-4CFD-AFF8-9629618FBDCA.jpeg
    CF985943-47A8-4CFD-AFF8-9629618FBDCA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
  • 4F28D6B5-14CC-4E25-8718-002BBC02BECA.jpeg
    4F28D6B5-14CC-4E25-8718-002BBC02BECA.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 165
  • E5EA91D2-33F7-43EC-8717-B6203BFB0EF5.jpeg
    E5EA91D2-33F7-43EC-8717-B6203BFB0EF5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 165

JustGrowing420

Pics should be in order 1-5. Would love some questions, feedback or speculation, as I’m still trying to narrow it down to 2-3 keeper max. All the people saying choosing a keeper would be tough decision weren’t joking!
No they were not joking haha
From mine, I liked more the plants with rounded bud structure, like your 2,3 and 5.
There was one pheno amongst them that had noticeably higher potency but didn't keep that, I kept the most sour one personally.

Also I didn't get a colorful pheno, looks interesting.

Stizo

Veteran
I've got 7 Headbanger MALE plants. One F1 and six F2s. The Headbanger F1 is by far the stretchiest and has a mild soapy smell on the stem rub. Of the six F2s, three have a strong diesel smell on the stem rub and three have the same mild soapy smell as the F1. Which would you keep @Karma G? I'm thinking the three diesel ones for making seed? All for my own use, not starting a seed company or anything like that. Am looking for a cut I lost that makes me creative.

Latest posts

Latest posts