What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have to chop 1-2 weeks early - What would you do?

cokebottle

Hello fellow growers.
I'd like to start out with mentioning that english is not my first language so you'll have to excuse my spelling and choice of words sometimes!

I have encountered a bit of a problem that i hope you guys could help with.

I am about to move to a new place in 1 month, and my grow would be fininshed, dried and curing at that time. The problem is that the guy who was to take over my place can't do that anymore, so the landlord has planned a showing of my apartement in 2 days. Its imppssible to hide the grow (wich is in a tent in a kind of walk-in-closet). I could put boxes in front of the tent to hide it, but that wouldn't cancel out the noise from the vent. and if i turn the vent. off, well, lets just say its smells wonderful. In the whole bulding. This also makes cutting early and letting dry in the tent impossible.
Letting a friend take care of it is not a possibility.

As you might understand, this sucks. I want to get some kind of reward out of my blood, sweat and tears I've put in to this grow.

Is wet-frozen bubble-bag hasch my only solution? What would you do?

/ likbent.

Scrappy-doo

How big are the plants?

If it were me I'd get xtra large storage/moving boxes from home depot or uhaul, put the live plants in there and seal the boxes real good. Get some liquid ona and put it in a spray bottle and spray the sealed boxes and around the room. Open a window and voila. You'll be good for several hours. Been there done that. Ona is a lifesaver.

Dankwolf

Stash plants in a vehical? Stash plants in a tempory storege unit? I few days of dark wont hert them .

Put the plants in garbage bags and tie the top,and then put in a closet.

They are unlikely to go opening closets.

Erase any sign of growing.

Have all the windows open when they come.

Put a leg of lamb in the oven an hour before they are due to arrive.

Dankwolf

I am loving all the ideas lol . we have all obviously been there before or atleast have are back up plans ready . i am going to adopt the uhaul idea for a plan b should i ever need such a solution . thanks bakedbandit

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Stash in a u haul truck. Cook bacon

"cook bacon" fuck YEAH! :woohoo: a nearly universal solution to problems. there are very few problems in life that cannot be solved with the proper application of a large caliber handgun bullet or the frying up of a large quantity of bacon...:thank you: BakedBandit...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Stash in a u haul truck. Cook bacon
BB knows.. or the temp storage place but there is some exposure doint it that way.. rent the truck for a month... youre not running DWC are you? how many plants, how far along are they in bloom and are they sativa or indica?

cokebottle

Thanks for all the ideas!

Im really considering some of them.. i can't rent a uhaul (no license), which otherwise would be great. No one else knows about the grow, so asking some one else is not possible.

Its only one plant, about 7-8 weeks into bloom. Its a 9-10 weeks kush.
Its scroged in 2x2 feet which also is the width of the plant at the canopy.

I imagine it would reek if i just put it in a bag or carboard box? Cant get hold of Ona gel or spray in time..

Cooking bacon would be fucking great! But when they open the door to the "walk in closet" the stench would probably hit them hard.
Maybe i could eliminate the sound from the ventilation somehow?

In worst case scenario I've been thinking of cutting them tomorrow and start drying, and just put the buds in the freezer while they are here, and then continue drying after..

igrowone

Veteran
plastic storage tote, they seal up air tight and can be very stealthy
2 x 2 is large for them, might be a size out there that would work

Scrappy-doo

Febreeze make a 2x odor control spray that I've used, gotten at the local supermarket. That also worked very well for me when ona was not available. You're talking about only a few hours max that you'd need a solution for. It would be a shame to shortchange your harvest just for that. A sealed cardboard box will do wonders, you'd be surprised how well it works. The spray is just for the little bit of smell leftover. Less than 10 bucks total, worth testing out at least before the big day. Or the bacon idea is very effective as well. That smell cuts through just about everything.

ChinggisKhaan

Any Asian markets nearby? Head to the sea food section and ask what smells the worst when boiled. Do an asian style, gag worthy barnacle boil!!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Any Asian markets nearby? Head to the sea food section and ask what smells the worst when boiled. Do an asian style, gag worthy barnacle boil!!

this ^ any oily fish (whitefish, swordfish etc) would probably mask it effectively. hell, burn it frying in a skillet if that is what it takes...a small price to pay, even at the exorbitant price they charge for swordfish.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
plastic storage tote, they seal up air tight and can be very stealthy
2 x 2 is large for them, might be a size out there that would work
they would be green and mold up in no time sealed up in plastic.. freeze it is good.. don't know about how it would taste after freezing green and thaw.. :dunno:

igrowone

Veteran
they would be green and mold up in no time sealed up in plastic.. freeze it is good.. don't know about how it would taste after freezing green and thaw.. :dunno:

i meant as a living plant, few hours shouldn't hurt
however, never tried it so could be some risk

edit: and a bag of uncooked rice could help with humidity issue, cheap and natural dessicant

Latest posts

Latest posts