What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashplants

Radicle Rye

Hashplant 95 (HP-13 x I-95)
Nice waxy leaves from the hawaiian hashplant.
IMG_0776.JPG

Radicle Rye

Hashplants from 1979 Willow Creek, Humboldt County. I'm pretty sure this variety is in todays modern Hashplant varieties. It was only 4-5', greasy as hell and tasted just like Afghani Black hash slabs coming from Afghanistan. I got it from a guy up on my hill. Strong memories of it's skunkiness to the extreme. I used to call it "Turds of Joy" ovallly, round, sticky to the max golfballs. Hard to roll a joint was so sticky. Stinky, stinky,stinky.
View attachment 18720952 View attachment 18720953
If it's from willow creek than it has to be Sasquatch approved! Man I miss it out there. Thank for sharing the old photos and memories! :smokeit:

therevverend

Veteran
Hashplants from 1979 Willow Creek, Humboldt County.

Thanks for sharing that, that variety in one form or another keeps rolling on to the present day.

'88 G13 x Hashplant

I've ended up with 2 females, I'll have to post pictures soon. They smell amazing. For me the narrow leaf one finished earlier and was more mold prone. Had a golden color with long sweet colas. The wider leaf one had frosty green golf ball nugs that smelled like fine hashish. It had good mold resistance for me, made it through some wet cool weather with hardly any loss. But those are the phenos I had, it'll be interesting if these traits hold for yours.

Hashplant 95 (HP-13 x I-95)

Looks awesome. Love the Hawaiian hashplants.

I have some Balochistani hashplants going east of the mountains, in the dry part of the state. From Indian Landrace Exchange. Very excited to see how they turn out, hopefully they're done before the frost. Balochistan has slipped under the radar in the west, their hashplants are some of the best. Their hashmaking is incredible, just as good as across the border in Afghanistan. Very resinous, large yielding plants. Here's how they look so far.

View media item 18702500
View media item 18702499
View media item 18702501
The first two are a Red Baloch phenotype, the last one a 'pink stigma'. Very interesting smells, not sweet but potent. The plants are already oily.

Here on the wet west side I have a Himalayan hand rubbed hashplant. From the village of Nirang across from Malana in Himachal Pradesh. It's the tallest plant in my garden, over 7 feet already. It's growth rate is incredible, especially when the sun decides to come out. Very interesting smells, kind of spicy and fruity.

View media item 18702504
Last one I'll post is the Durango OG x Pot of Gold Hashplant. It smells of strong nasty hash. I expect it to be very potent. It's really bushing out, growing wide at the same time it's getting bigger.

View media item 18702505

DragonflyCoyote

Gorgeous plants and great resources here! Nice to get a preview of those RSC afghan mix, I received some in my last order as well! New to the actual hashmaking process but happily starting to wander down the path :) inspired by...

My HP13 came to me through karmic trade by my eyes. I had a sizeable old stock of C99 seeds produced off the original BG stock, pineapple pheno and and an assorted collection of headbands, cheese, blue cheese, can't remember what else. Anyway a few years down the line I pick up a bag, later found out to be grown by this group. Skunk #1, HP13 and Blue Frost I remember.
Not particularly well cured but that HP13 was something else. It twisted you up and down...and it yielded 7 seeds :).

Seven seeds out of a bag and 6 popped. 3 males and 3 females. Plants grew into maturation, got hacked back for a different state move, did their freak out, re-establishment, healthy, cloned, grown and now flowered. The males called it quits after giving up their pollen. Plenty stored away though :).

Tent is two of each of 3 phenos. If it is indeed the HP13 (comments please from anyone who has experience with the original cut???), there is a heavy Thai looking leaner, a more rounded out and frostier afghani leaner (3), and one between (2) the two. Seeded branches are consuming themselves and seeds peeking out. Trichomes are milky and expanded with a few clear and few amber - think I'll be taking them this full moon 🌝

Terpene profile has ran around the gamet through the grow but has always landed in the offensive sharp sour BO corner, with different shades of spicy lemon rind early on, and now a darker plum and stone fruits on the number 3. Thick body odor still rules the landscape though. Sexy sour nectar lady funk... It's absolutely intoxicating. Something that draws you in and then makes you pull back your nose, only to bury it back in again!

Couple lower test buds have been the smoothest almost dry smoke I've ever tasted. Tasted like mushroom (more the savory coating in your mouth), and green pepper on your breath that lingers after exhale. High was euphoric and joyful, bodily warm and its presence noticed/felt but still light and uplifting. Surprisingly long lasting before I felt like I wanted to grab a cured bud :p

Attachments

• 20220710_171113.jpg
    20220710_171113.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
  • 20220710_171045.jpg
    20220710_171045.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • 20220710_170943.jpg
    20220710_170943.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 20220710_170927.jpg
    20220710_170927.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220710_170818.jpg
    20220710_170818.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 67
  • 20220710_170734.jpg
    20220710_170734.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • 20220710_170700.jpg
    20220710_170700.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • 20220710_170632.jpg
    20220710_170632.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 20220710_170608.jpg
    20220710_170608.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74

RobFromTX

Checked up on the hash plants today and a deer must have crashed into the fence and knocked it 2 feet away from the Kandahar. She suffered a broken branch but braced it back into position. Put fencing back around her and added more stakes.
Kandahar
View attachment 18730758

Bubba Hash View attachment 18730760
Nice grow! Bubba Hash is some great stuff. excellent rainy day smoke

therevverend

Veteran
'Ace Bubba Hash and Kandahar Black from Indian Landrace Exchange' (quoting doesn't seem to work properly right now)

Azure, is that that the Maruf Kandahar Black from the 2020 Durand Line Project? I had 3 of them last year, one was too leafy, one was amazing with fine flowers but molded, one was a giant and was mold resistant. They finished in mid to late October with the mold resistant giant finishing in early November. Very fine stuff but definitely not a plant bred for buds. The smell and flavor was out there, very special. Ace's Bubba Hash is looking good, the look is classic.

'Hashplant 95 (HP-13 x I-95) 100% Organic'

Excellent work R.R. The I-95 drew my interest a couple days ago, looks awesome. You have them in top form.

Summer has finally arrived, my hashplants are growing fast. The Durand Line stuff is looking interesting. I purposely went with the 'mountain' varieties from less well known regions with wilder genetics. This Shahjoy is a favorite.

View media item 18702886
View media item 18702882
Crazy big leaves. It's really taken off once the temperatures got up to 80 degrees F. My Zer Karez has kicked in as well. Still not 100% it's female but it's seems likely. I'm seeing hair-like stuff but nothing definitive.

View media item 18702885
My Purple Hindu Kush x M10 Afghan (the original Afghan #1) are impossible to tell apart from the landrace Afghans. The strain was bred by Crickets and Cicada seeds, very impressed by their work with hashplants. These all have a sweet hashy smell, I'm expecting at least one if not all of them to turn purple and get super frosty. The first pic is the best of the bunch so far.

View media item 18702884
View media item 18702890
The 2nd one was rootbound for a long time, turned into a dwarf kafiristanica type. This is what happens when hashplants aren't given their proper share of nutrients and water. They adapt and become 'textbook Indicas', what people think of when they think of Afghans. Short squat runts with wide leaves. It seems like she's just kicking in, getting her roots down in the rich soil I gave her. She has a sister that's very similar.

I'll update the Baloch hashplants soon.

Last edited:

Azure

'Ace Bubba Hash and Kandahar Black from Indian Landrace Exchange' (quoting doesn't seem to work properly right now)

Azure, is that that the Maruf Kandahar Black from the 2020 Durand Line Project? I had 3 of them last year, one was too leafy, one was amazing with fine flowers but molded, one was a giant and was mold resistant. They finished in mid to late October with the mold resistant giant finishing in early November. Very fine stuff but definitely not a plant bred for buds. The smell and flavor was out there, very special. Ace's Bubba Hash is looking good, the look is classic.
Yes, these are Maruf Kandahar Black which I received from ACE Seeds via Indian Landrace Exchange. https://www.indianlandraceexchange.com/portfolios/durandlineproject_2020/
kandahar.jpg

We've had no rain in two weeks and the Kandahar Black looks fine while the Bubba Hash was wilting and needed be watered twice a week. Hopefully the Kandahar can handle the cold wet weather that will be coming soon.

Radicle Rye

Excellent work R.R. The I-95 drew my interest a couple days ago, looks awesome. You have them in top form.
Thanks Rev! Believe it or not I have not topped these. This is just how they are expressing naturally from seed. Long columnar branching...very pretty structure!

I'm looking forward to seeing that Shahjoy progress throughout the season! Also, your PHKxM10!!! Thanks for sharing!

'88G13/HP -Narrow leaf pheno topped
IMG_1104[1].JPG

'88G13/HP - Broad Leaf pheno in the hoop
IMG_1109[1].JPG