What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has xe.com been hacked?

Cuddles

I distantly recall that when I had the slow-loading or non-performing screen issues at xe.com a time ago, it was also not all web sites that displayed those issues..

Smart phones I've minimally joined the fanfare of. I have a flip phone with a -slightly- over-sized screen than some, which can use the internet and data beyond texts, etc., but, as I tell folks, I'm not yet to to the point of carrying a flat palm-size computer in my pocket, and to use the screen I have, would require I also carry a magnifying lens.... so, I get to skate on that particular sticker shock.

the other day, when I started this thread I checked xe on the phone and it was just fine. It´s just my laptop .
I only need the smartphone for business purposes, really and I download videos on it, amongst other things. I´ve never taken it to the supermarket with me lol, I don´t take my regular mobile out these days, but then again, I never go anywhere lol :biggrin:
I was gifted the phone years ago by someone who didn´t want it and in the past I sort of played around with it and I´ve used it to take photos etc but I only got a card for it about 3 months ago. It does download videos pretty fast I must say :)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Have you tried a different browser? That is where the dingbats live. Not the operating system.

Cuddles

Have you tried a different browser? That is where the dingbats live. Not the operating system.

I only use firefox on my laptop and I´m happy with it although it was updated a short while ago and I´m really not happy with the latest version as i don´t like the search box etc.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I only use firefox on my laptop and I´m happy with it although it was updated a short while ago and I´m really not happy with the latest version as i don´t like the search box etc.

I updated today. Usually it will reset my preferences, but today it kept the search box. In the past, I have had to go into settings where it could be toggled on/off. This is the box on the address bar I'm talking about.

I just poked about. A right click in some free space along the bar, will give choices which bars you want, and how to customise the bar.

I find FF to be alright, but I have to have other browsers for full functionality. Some locked down tight for risky surfing, while others have laxer security for sites that insist you share your soul with them.