What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

has anyone got thier mmj card

A

acridlab

im am legal in the state of michigan. here it costs anywhere from 50-100 in doctor referrals and then 100 dollars to the state.. there are doctors EVERYWHERE now that give referrals..shouldnt be hard to find one if your state is legal… when it comes to being lenient, some docs are more than others..my doctor is very strict, but i don't have to worry because i have severe chronic pain due to a few gunshot wounds i received as a teenager. multiple surgeries, tendon transplants etc. i was prescribed opiates for many years and it that nasty band aid nearly killed me.. I've been off opiates for 8 years now with cannabis and finally a few years back we became legal and it was a true blessing.. i really would like to see the cannabis industry tackle this issue in the future.. you hear about cannabis helping all these ailments which it does, but nothing on its ability to help people with alcohol and other addictions.. hope i helped,, peace

Greenlife1

IL is bad. If you want a card then you have to have a severe problem. Also no grow allowed!! One reason why i moved out of that state.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Cards put you in the system.

The system will regurgitate that information for LEO, regardless of what their system policies say about it.

It's a choice you have to make. Vote with your dollars and move, keep status quo or put your info in the system and submit to their ignorance.

Keep it Clean! :D

IL hasn't started issuing cards yet... Here's a quote with some relevant info

Submission for ID Cards in IL for all qualifying residents whose last name begins with the letters A-L will begin Sept 1 - Oct 31, 2014. Application fee $150.

Submission for ID Cards in IL for all qualifying residents whose last name begins with the letters M-Z will begin Nov 1 - Dec 31, 2014. Application fee $150.

nintey

I am torn between whether or not it would even be worth it to apply . Illinois seemed to be about the worst state I have heard of as far as mmj is concerned

O

OGShaman

Year after year I followed the MMJ legislation in IL, and year after year they kept having to remove things from the bill in order to appease certain politicians. When they were at the point that would allow 7 plants + safety inspections, I was pretty OK with it personally, but again that failed. They didn't pass it until they got full control, and wouldn't allow patients to grow their own.

I can't help but think that this probably had to do with the fact that Illinois is one of the brokest states in the country, right up there with California, and they want to squeeze out every dime they can.

swoop

Anyone know how applying for a Card may affect Conceal and carry Cards ?

That is what I would call the first major issue that was fought. There was a provision in the initial release that stated you had to surrender your firearms and the "right" to hold a FOID card, removing your ability to carry concealed, in Illinois.

I can't give you a link, but a Google search should reveal that portion of the law was rescinded.

Here,

"The rules have been tweaked since they were first published in February, including a cut in the fee for a medical marijuana ID card from $150 to $100, the removal of a ban on FOID card holders being authorized for medical pot, and the removal of district 15 as a state police district that can have a growing operation."

shithawk420

Veteran
Not any time soon.everyone keeps playing games with these licenses. nobody has the balls to invest on the licenses to grow it.Illinois shouldn't even be called a med state yet.its deffenitly the worst med state.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
fuck that shithole..Rockford was worst place ever...wasn't impressed with downtown chi town either...if your on a list your easy to round up/compliance check..call me crazy but I aint willingly signing up even here in cali its lax compared.. yeehaw..

oti$

in IL you must have a long standing relationship with the doctor making the rec, so no card for many. _card holders must surrender their fire arms. no home grows. Also there will be (huge fees to be one of the chosen few allowed to grow.
4of illinois last governors are in or just got ot of prison; it is the most corrupt state in the union. Politicians are making sure they get all the $. Its almost guaranteed that the powers that be will be issuing the permits for the grows to their friends so i doubt many of the chosen growers will know what they are doing which may result in poor quality. The tight control and strict regulations will ensure the black market will continue to thrive. It almost may as well be illegal for many.

oti$

@ swoop, so they have lifted the firearm ban for mj med patients? That was one of the stipulations that didn't sit well with many.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think to show a legitimate doctor patient relationship requires a minimum of 2 visits (unlike cali, where you can walk in to a doctor's office and walk out with a rec after 15 mins and $100).

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, the first dispensaries have opened up in Illinois this week. I think less than 10 out of the 60 that were granted.
Also, only about 3000 patients have been approved so far, much less than the tens of thousands that some were expecting.
Prices seem to be about $20 a gram, so 60-70 an eighth. Ouch. Black market prices are probably almost half that. But whatever, at least we've got medical cannabis in IL...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I think to show a legitimate doctor patient relationship requires a minimum of 2 visits (unlike cali, where you can walk in to a doctor's office and walk out with a rec after 15 mins and $100).
more like 25$ and up depending...yeehaw

shithawk420

Veteran
Well,apparently my aunt finally went to a dispensary.think it was GSC.she said it wasnt that good and was $400 an ounce.yay progress!(sarcasm)

ChiSour

Well,apparently my aunt finally went to a dispensary.think it was GSC.she said it wasnt that good and was $400 an ounce.yay progress!(sarcasm)

Wow that's insane. Right now I pay 35-45 an 8th black market in Chicago from what I've seen lately, a few years ago it was 50-60 an 8th and up to 350 a zone. quality varies but I actually picked up an 8th of some damn good kush for 35 a few nights ago just because it was good and available. The 8ths I can get for 40-45 are very consistently real good stuff. I just got off 2 year probation and before I was on it i was selling 50-60 dollars 8ers, now I'm buying them for 35, kind of weird.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow that's insane. Right now I pay 35-45 an 8th black market in Chicago from what I've seen lately, a few years ago it was 50-60 an 8th and up to 350 a zone. quality varies but I actually picked up an 8th of some damn good kush for 35 a few nights ago just because it was good and available. The 8ths I can get for 40-45 are very consistently real good stuff. I just got off 2 year probation and before I was on it i was selling 50-60 dollars 8ers, now I'm buying them for 35, kind of weird.

The difference between dispensary and black market (generally speaking)...you usually get to choose what strain you want, hence mo' money.