What's new

Harvesting early question

If I really have to make harvest early, is it better harvest plant which is like flowering week 4 or plant which is flowering week 6.

Like hypothetically, which way I loose "less" buds in the end (thinking about I let another of those plants to grow until it's ready).

HCMPA

As late as you can, for me when trichs are cloudy 90%+ harvest could be seen as perfect, idk if you grow in a legal corner of the world, or if is indoor or outdoor, because there are others cuestions beyond trichs colours, but if you see like you need to harvest before the right time, just let it go as far as you can.

peace

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
If I really have to make harvest early, is it better harvest plant which is like flowering week 4 or plant which is flowering week 6.

Like hypothetically, which way I loose "less" buds in the end (thinking about I let another of those plants to grow until it's ready).

week 4 bloom (depending how long you veged for) is just starting for the lack of a better word. Outdoor could be an issue (environmental wise) as you can't control it, but indoors, I found I normally go a week or 2 passed what the breeders state. FWIW, it is during the last 4 weeks that the plant really starts to "stack".

That is pretty much like HCMPA stated with regards to trichs, I go 90% cloudy or a little more, sometime having the odd amber trich.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well if it came down to just a choice of 4 weeks or 6 weeks, then obviously 6 but really neither is a good option. At 6 weeks the buds could be starting to look nice but almost certainly the trichomes will not have ripened. You can still get a buzz from unripened trichomes but it's just no where near as good as a properly ripened bud. Putting the trichome issue aside though like Switcher56 said the last 3-4 weeks is when the buds really fatten up or "stack" as he put it. So either way you'll lose a good bit of weight from what your yield should be, even with waiting 6 weeks, although 6 weeks should be better then 4.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I wouldn't harvest early because that is the number one mistake newcomers make. Use freeze clothe like "Agfabric Plant Covers" Freeze Protection H48''x55'' 0.95oz Plant Frost Protection on Amazon for $8.00. Why waste all the time you invested with watering and veg time if you are just going to cut down early? The hardest lesson for some newbies is they don't have patience! New growers overwater their plants and harvest their weed too early. Take it a day at a time and if you make it today then wait another day. Don't take that plant before she's ready, work with it. 😎