What's new

harvest just the tops

tazzzy

hi all, i sampled a bud off my ladies & i think i did a good job.i got kinda couch locked for about an hour, then i got the munchies real bad. i trimmed off almost all the leaves. my question is '' can i harvest the tops off my ladies, & let the lower buds develope more??? i havent a clue what strain they are, got the seeds from a friend. any advice????

syko2

Yes, many growers harvest their tops and let the lower bud sites develope for a extra few weeks. May not improve yeild but should not hinder a high yeild if tops are harvested later on.

anasha

shouldn't be a problem...

shouldn't be a problem...

Hi everyone. I only harvested twice, ever...:rolleyes: but judging from results ( some were partialy harvested ) , those that were left to ripen up a bit, cought up in a week or two. The only difference that I see, is that trichs jumped from being clear for a long time right into amber. And come to think of it, they were also much fluffier/lighter, than the buds that I've harvested first. Due to my newbie status, i've used "superthrive" very late into veg ( more like begining of flowering :eek: ) and end up with a bunch of lightgreen buds that otherwise would be a load of pop-corn buds, chasing more developed and much bigger buds with some speed, I will say. They were big, and I wanted to save them. They are smokable for sure, after dried and cured, but not as tasty as other ones. Pwew... Sorry for banging you in a head with that storry...lol I just smoked a "j" and higher than hell rightnow:D

Stay safe.

anasha

G

Absolutely Tazz,

I have on a few occations trimmed the top buds or main colas and then drop my light down on the second tier of buds.

They mature up real quick.

Good growin

Tex

tazzzy

top buds

top buds

i harvested the 3 females tops yesterday. hopefull the lower branches will fill in. if im going for a 2-3 weeks more, should start giving them more fertilzer untill i cut the plants down.they havent had any fertilizer since may 23.any advice???:p

Rabbitt-420

Dont give them nutes.
Let them feed off of water only for the rest of the time.
That will give you less nutes and junk in your buds when you harvest unless you plan on feeding then flushing before harvest.

anasha

too late for nutes...

too late for nutes...

imho, you should just feed them water. Harvest is around a corner, and you don't want all that stuff in the buds. Last grow I flushed for a week, and think that last three weeks will be just right next time.

Good luck and be safe.

anasha

Latest posts

Latest posts