What's new

Happy Thanksgiving

G

:wave: I'll reserve my celebration and give Thanks when the idiotic "War on Drugs" ends and inhumane persecution of marijuana lovers, growers and users stops. :badday:

But I will always remain thankful for the great friends here, and join in wishing every one a pleasant holiday. :woohoo:

guineapig

Veteran
hey that bud looks like a turkey!!! or did you realize that....?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Give thanks to God at least for giving us all the herbs and seed-bearing plants to USE!!! You don't necessarily have to give thanks to the great American police-state.....god knows the Native American Tribes don't give a lot of thanks for the Inquisition on their culture and values.....but hopefully everyone can give thanks for something- if only for being alive....

-kind regards from a true turkey....guineapig!!! :wave:

guineapig

Veteran
Last Supper With GUINEAPIG for Thanksgiving!!!

Last Supper With GUINEAPIG for Thanksgiving!!!

happy thanksgiving guineapig fans!!

When the Spanish were conquistadoring around Peru in the late 1500s, the Catholic Bishops of the region would often hire local artisans to finish the work that was started by Spanish artists.....so these Incan descendants had a chance to blend some of their sacred symbols with the Catholic iconography.....and thus was born.....Last Supper With Guineapig.....

hope you enjoy.....mmmmmmm fresh guinepig....happy thanksgiving y'all..-GP

now you know that guineapigs actually are an ancient symbol of health and vitality and have spiritual powers of healing and....dare i say...ressurection!! The curandero (or "holy man") would tie strips of cloth that represented one's illnesses and sufferings and then releases the guineapig so it can scamper back to its home-caves wherein the negative vibes are released and the healing begins.....of course customs vary from locale to locale and there are other strange rituals involving guineapigs.....one shaman made his guineapig drink a whole glass of beer so it would be sure as to encounter bad luck on its journey back to the sacred caves.....poor drunk cavies!! (the proper name for a "guineapig" is "cavy")

kind regards,
guineapig :wave:

HairlessCaveApe

Its my Prayr that everyone is ready to recieve the limitless unending boundless truth and beauty that The Lord places before us. May we all be closer to the truth and beauty we find in God. I thank You Lord! -Blessins on everyone. Happy thanxgivin from the Church in my Heart. :wave: :smoweed: :bongsmi:

G

Aw man,i missed this thread and just made one :woohoo: ,damn it,lol.Well again i say/ Happy ThanksGiving everyone :wave: .Hope you all have a great time with youre familys,Peace DWW :joint:

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Happy Holidays ya'll,

Happy Holidays ya'll,

A suggestion:
Try to find somebody hungry (some family maybe) and invite 'em over for dinner, (or deliver some leftovers) :)
Feasts are meant to be shared. :D
As Congress Moves to Cut Food Stamps, New Data Shows Hunger Increasing
Press Release
November 17, 2005

Families Depending on Food Stamps at Thanksgiving Hardly Feast;
Buying Minimal Meal Creates Food Budget Hole.

(Washington) – With hunger in America on the rise for the fifth straight year and Congress poised to throw nearly 300,000 poor people off food stamps, Bread for the World Institute’s 16th annual “Hunger Report,” "Frontline Issues in Nutrition Assistance", shows that poor families using food stamps cannot afford to buy Thanksgiving dinner, let alone nutritious food.

“The faces of our nation’s 24 million poor people receiving food stamps could hardly be included in Norman Rockwell’s Thanksgiving portrait,”
said David Beckmann, president of Bread for the World. “They cannot afford a nutritious diet, let alone a Thanksgiving dinner. Congress should be increasing food stamp benefits, not throwing people off the program.”
For a recipient household consisting of a single, female adult with two or three school-aged children, the cost of this minimal Thanksgiving meal consumes more than 1/8 of its entire monthly food stamp budget.

“A recent Boston Medical Center study shows that low income families even getting the maximum food stamp benefits cannot afford a diet consistent with our national nutrition guidelines,” Beckmann said. “All that food stamp families can afford is cheap, high fat, high sodium, high starch food that fills you up.”
.....................................................................................................

* One in four people in a soup kitchen line is a child.
* 30% of the families surveyed were forced to choose between buying food and paying for medical care or medicine.
* Nearly 15% of the total households served by the America’s Second Harvest Network reside in rural areas.
* Four million non-elderly low-income families said they had used a food pantry at least once during the past year.

http://www.secondharvest.org/about_us/

For 38 Millions Americans, Thanksgiving is a Struggle
November 23, 2005 --- With Thanksgiving now upon us, families across the country are gathering together to count blessings and share in the joy that comes with a bountiful feast.
But for the thousands of our neighbors who rely on the services provided by food banks and food rescue organizations in the America’s Second Harvest Network, it’s just another Thursday in the struggle to put food on the table.
http://www.secondharvest.org/news_room/2005_News_Releases/112305.html

IMB :)

Last edited: