What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hamstrings Alpha to Omega- Guerilla 2023/2010

hamstring

Veteran
Pipe
Thanks brother and happy belated fathers day.

My dog does not come on guerrilla excursions. My methodology does not allow for that. Biking and/or kayaking to the plots makes it impossible.

I love him to death though. My kids are grown and out of the house so he is the baby even though he is 9 yrs old. He would love to come if he could, although stealth is not one of his strong suits.

No real back up plots anymore. Everything you see is on one piece of land so not really what I consider multi-plots. I'm way to old and no real benefit for multiple plots anymore with my state going recreational I cant get rid of outdoor mids anymore. I grow for the fun of it really, everything gets turned into hash.

You on the other hand are a breeder and I love your dedication to DC.

hamstring

Veteran
Duma says hello to you Pipe.;)

_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20160916_092905.jpg
_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20160916_092915.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks! That looks like my friend's police work dog. I bet he's a good listener. I know what you mean about stealth. Well if you go in the middle of the night like i used to, the dog could probably go.

The more plots the more chance for one of them to get found in my opinion. Its best to keep it relatively small and hidden in my opinion.

Still growing outdoors even though the state has legal cannabis? Are you trying to go around plant number restrictions then? Should have some backups at home. Is it becoming legal or is the state already legal?

States around me have legalized and its becoming similar here. I always put the surplus into hash too, but never really smoke it though. Prefer flower, and I need to keep my tolerance low to be able to smoke test effectively. I've got more work to do now though for the breeding project, have to try to smoke test it all and collect the seed. :smoke:

What are your plans for the season, do you think some of the plants will recover. Will really stress some of them out being cut back like that. Still time to germinate seed, they will be small though.

hamstring

Veteran
Pipe

That plot was just two clones of Star Killer. I wanted to see if they would finish outdoors.

They other plot has MAFF ( my old UDG days), ACE- Bangi Haze and Vermontmans -Green Mountain Grape. No issues yet with rabbits or mice.

I am really excited to see if the Bangi Haze will finish.

I dont smoke much of the hash either just freeze it. I prefer flower also. I can't even find takers on the hash of my GG4. Everyone smokes those prefilled pens, yuck. Its legalized here in IL for recreational and i have a med license now.

I remember the days before legalization when there would be these music festivals. They would be on private land, with a private medical service and off duty police. That covered any problems they may have without calling in the local police or ambulance .They would allow open smoking and selling on the sly. I wish I knew where they had these in my local red states (WI & IA) that don't have legal weed. I may be able to get rid of some of that hash. Then again maybe not.

hamstring

Veteran
You know what would liven up this discussion.

!!!!!How about some old guerrilla warfare stories!!!!! ----I know everyone has a couple. Please throw one of your own in here. I love them .

Heres the one I remember the most. Sorry I tend to be over detailed.

I have a ton of windshield time in my job and I had driven by this plot of land many times. Its was about 2.5 miles of swamp,forest and pasture land all connected together. I had checked it out years ago but there was cattle on all of it at some time of the year. The farmers move the cows from pasture to pasture during the year.
I was driving by one year and saw that the vegetation was getting quite long. That peeked my interest so i set off to see what was going on. Sure enough, no cattle in this one part of the 2.5 mile stretch. I was sure this small part of it was sold off to someone.

I found a spot where a spring flowed into a small creek. These places are gems because over the years the flooding builds up soil around the spring runoff spot turning it into a raised bed of sorts. Even if it floods these spots empty first and dry out quickly. I always look for them.

I had my spot all I needed was a entry/exit point. I found a spot off a gravel road that was pretty nice. It paralleled some railroad tracks and from these tracks i could get access to this piece of land. I would drop off my pack and camo clothing and park in the small farm village. I would ride my bike the three miles and hide it in the brush along the tracks. I would dress in the camo and begin the long trek to the plot.

One day in late summer I was done at the plot and headed back to the entry/exit location. I heard a helicopter over head. No big deal you see and hear small planes and helicopters from time to time wherever you are. I stayed in the tree cover and kept moving. As I got close to my entry/exit spot the helicopter noise was getting louder and louder. I looked out of the trees and this thing was headed straight for for me. I stayed hidden but the thing was only 60-100 feet in the air and very close to me. It was a big black unmarked helicopter.

My brain was on fire battling between my growing partner, paranoia, and real data. On one hand why would a small rural county like this spend all this money and resources on a 20 plant plot. My grow partner, paranoia, was saying, " Come on! there is no way a helicopter should be 100 feet off the ground out here UNLESS, they were looking for something." My brain was waffling back and forth. I waited and the copter moved on . I changed into my civies and got on my bike sprinting back to my vehicle. Looking up in the air the whole time. If they are following me they know about my other plots too, they must. My one savior is that I didn’t grow indoors. ZERO not even a seed. I was a 100% guerrilla grower.

I got back into the vehicle went back picked up my pack and was headed out of town when i saw a lineman up on a power pole. As I kept driving I saw a another linemans truck a little farther down the road. I got home jumped on my PC and looked at the weather in this small village. They had a had a huge wind storm the day before. I then googled power lines and helicopters. Sure enough on the large metal power towers they do use helicopters to repair power lines. I remembered walking under those huge metal towers hearing the buzzing as the power ran through the lines.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 9.23.42 AM.png

I was sure that was what had happened but my growing partner insisted on changing the entry/exit location from now on.

I knew railroad tracks were going to be the key to a new entry/exit location. This small village ,like all small villages, were built along railroad tracks back in the day. The tracks ran through the very outskirts of the village. Now I just need a way to get to them without being seen. I found a spot where I could drop my pack in the brush near the tracks but i need a way to get to it without being seen.

I pulled out my trusty invisibility cloak. The official cracker uniform . Khakis , button up shirt and dress shoes. A white dude in this getup is completely invisible.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 9.16.54 AM.png

Simply walk through town and worm my way around to the tracks. Put my pack on and wait for no vehicle traffic and book down the tracks a couple of hundred yards and get dressed in my camo. Picking the right time of day is also important. Since my job includes a lot of driving it allowed me to pick any day and any time. Usually a 11:45 works nicely. People haven’t left for lunch yet so, not much traffic but, yet someone walking around town around lunch time does not set off any alarm bells.

One problem though, there were some houses along the tracks and I could not simply walk by them. I had to bush whack my way through rose bushes, berry vines and fire weed along the side of the tracks for a couple of hundred yards to stay to out of site when I came to these homes. It took a couple of weekends but I got it done along a deer trail that went part of the way through. I would then cross into a pasture that lead into another pasture, rinse and repeat until i got to my plot.
It was fall and getting close to harvest time and I was headed down that same bush whacked path. I had just crossed into the first pasture when i froze. I saw a trail cam, looked around and saw another. I back tracked and explored more carefully. Sure enough I found a tree stand. A hunter had found my trail and thought he hit the mother load of a deer trail. It was a deer trail but, I had made it look like a deer highway.

After some thought I figured I could just go around the trail cams without being seen and I could also see the tree stand from far enough away to pick up any hunter without him spotting me. That went on for another few weeks. No issues, no hunters.
It came harvest day and I picked a workday and took it off. I wanted to make sure to hedge my bets against a hunter being there. I headed down the tracks to my trail, no one in the tree stand. YES!!! So I went and harvested my plot. I normally big leaf everything in the bush and then carry it somewhere put a tarp over it and semi-dry it. The sun was setting and I put everything in one of those large hockey duffel bags and was headed out to pick a spot to hang it.

I get back to the where the tree stand was close by look up and looking back at me was another guy in all camo ,up in the tree stand. I slowly walked backwards, just like in a movie, until I was far enough away that I sprinted out of there duffle bag in hand. I had to bushwhack my way through a wetlands and drop the duffel bag off and get the F out of there. I was hoping I could remember where i left the duffel and that it wouldn’t all mold sitting there for another day.
Turns out the hunter waited until he got off of work and was dusk hunting for deer. I like to be detailed but i missed that. I never used that spot again.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 9.24.55 AM.png