What's new

Hairway to Stephen

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
so I know starting a thread named Butthole Surfers would not end well, so I chose their masterpiece of an album.

in all honesty these guys KILL it. Psychedelic punk rock is the best way to describe them.

220px-Butthole_Surfers_Hairway_Front.jpg

this is my childhood in an album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFXuZF-uC30

have a listen and enjoy

D

DJSHADOW

"Daddy?" "Yes, son?" "What does regret mean?"

"Well, son, the funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend, will you be sure and tell her SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!"

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I have seen hundreds of concerts, from NIN to Phish and everything in-between

I saw the Butthole Surfers at The Crystal Ballroom a few years back and it fucking blew my mind. Honestly top 3 shows I have ever seen, it was simply amazing, all senses were fondled

hayday

Veteran
I love em to death.
Ballad of the Naked Man
Jingle of the Dogs Collar
The Last Astronaut
I have a fairly long drive.When The Surfers guide me home it's fucking fast.

S

SeaMaiden

so I know starting a thread named Butthole Surfers would not end well, so I chose their masterpiece of an album.

in all honesty these guys KILL it. Psychedelic punk rock is the best way to describe them.

View Image

this is my childhood in an album

have a listen and enjoy
HOW could I have missed this thread??? HOWWWWW????

Gibby? Gibby, is that you? Gibby! Put down the BEER, Gibby!

Seen a few shows downtown LA area, and I remember one particularly well. They had the green girls in the red Converse high-tops, remember that gig? I went to the bathroom and I swear to God, EVERY chick there was fucking pissed and wanted to leave. I thought it was a fantastic show and I wasn't going anywhere, but I laughed at them. That was a really good show, but the theater was scary because we'd had the Whittier Narrows quake not long before.

Which album was it that had pictographs? "I saw an x-ray of a deer passing gas" Was that Rembrandt Pussyhorse?

Fucking love Butthole Surfers. I had a friend who named her cat Butthole after the Surfers.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
HOW could I have missed this thread??? HOWWWWW????

Gibby? Gibby, is that you? Gibby! Put down the BEER, Gibby!

Seen a few shows downtown LA area, and I remember one particularly well. They had the green girls in the red Converse high-tops, remember that gig? I went to the bathroom and I swear to God, EVERY chick there was fucking pissed and wanted to leave. I thought it was a fantastic show and I wasn't going anywhere, but I laughed at them. That was a really good show, but the theater was scary because we'd had the Whittier Narrows quake not long before.

Which album was it that had pictographs? "I saw an x-ray of a deer passing gas" Was that Rembrandt Pussyhorse?

Fucking love Butthole Surfers. I had a friend who named her cat Butthole after the Surfers.

the one I posted has

I saw an Xray of girl passing gas

probably why you couldn't find it, deer don't fart, but girls do

and BTW, that is a top 3 for me, I love that song

S

SeaMaiden

the one I posted has

I saw an Xray of girl passing gas

probably why you couldn't find it, deer don't fart, but girls do

and BTW, that is a top 3 for me, I love that song

That explains why I haven't been able to find the song via Google. I don't even remember the last time I laid eyes on that album, it's been that many years. Do you still have the actual vinyl?

I forgot how good their stuff is. I'm sitting here listening to it and... it really brings back a lot of memories, and back then I didn't realize what a fantastic group these guys were. I'm loving it even more now, if that's possible.

Whose cover of American Woman is the best cover? Lenny Kravitz's, or Butthole Surfers'?

Would it be too trite to mention that Jesus Built My Hotrod? If we can digress a bit, one of the better shows I've ever seen was made into a CD. 1991 or so, maybe earlier, featuring Ministry, Sepultura and Helmet at the Universal Amphitheater (don't hold me to the venue, I'm pretty sure I've forgotten at least half the shows I've seen). Let me tell you, those boys who played for Helmet were fucking TIGHT. It was an incredible show, just incredible.

The Dum Dum video is excellent, thanks for sharing that. Whoa... they're still doing shows? I feel like such a geezer all of a sudden! I remember seeing them back in 1989!

Oh! Did you ever get into Meat Puppets? That was another really very, very good group.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
yea, I like the Puppets

the strange thing is, they have gotten better now then they ever were

That explains why I haven't been able to find the song via Google. I don't even remember the last time I laid eyes on that album, it's been that many years. Do you still have the actual vinyl?

I forgot how good their stuff is. I'm sitting here listening to it and... it really brings back a lot of memories, and back then I didn't realize what a fantastic group these guys were. I'm loving it even more now, if that's possible.

Whose cover of American Woman is the best cover? Lenny Kravitz's, or Butthole Surfers'?

Would it be too trite to mention that Jesus Built My Hotrod? If we can digress a bit, one of the better shows I've ever seen was made into a CD. 1991 or so, maybe earlier, featuring Ministry, Sepultura and Helmet at the Universal Amphitheater (don't hold me to the venue, I'm pretty sure I've forgotten at least half the shows I've seen). Let me tell you, those boys who played for Helmet were fucking TIGHT. It was an incredible show, just incredible.

The Dum Dum video is excellent, thanks for sharing that. Whoa... they're still doing shows? I feel like such a geezer all of a sudden! I remember seeing them back in 1989!

Oh! Did you ever get into Meat Puppets? That was another really very, very good group.

Whatever happened to one of the guys from the Meat Puppets who got arrested on a serious charge, I think last year.

Butthole Surfers and their strobes triggering seizures in the audience:biggrin:

S

SeaMaiden

How old are you??
I'm 22 going on 23 :D

Old enough to be your mother and the rightful owner of your older brothers. That's how old I am.
Like THAT! (She says Peter Quinn-stylee.)

D

DJSHADOW

I seen them many times too, have all the early Touch & Go label vinyls...
and its really no contest American Woman by the Surfers is the best version.
I have many great, but very blurry memories with this band playing as the sound track to my younger days...

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
How old are you??
I'm 22 going on 23 :D

Old enough to be your mother and the rightful owner of your older brothers. That's how old I am.
Like THAT! (She says Peter Quinn-stylee.)
I wasn't referring to you SM , it's a Butthole Surfers song 22 going on 23 that I thought was on this album and was referring too sorry bout that :biggrin:
peace an puffs
:smoke out:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
it is hilarious, in a Flaming Lips movie they interview Gibby and he talks shit the whole time saying the FL wish they were the BS, especially Wayne.

they are strikingly similar when you break it down

108659-wayne_megaphone_flaming_617_409.jpg

music_feature1-1.jpg

S

SeaMaiden

I wasn't referring to you SM , it's a Butthole Surfers song 22 going on 23 that I thought was on this album and was referring too sorry bout that :biggrin:
peace an puffs
:smoke out:

That's how old I am! LMAO! See what gettin' old does? And losing your vinyl.

Lysurgeon

I have seen hundreds of concerts, from NIN to Phish and everything in-between

I saw the Butthole Surfers at The Crystal Ballroom a few years back and it fucking blew my mind. Honestly top 3 shows I have ever seen, it was simply amazing, all senses were fondled
i was at this show on fungus and nitrous....was an amazing thing to behold.....i then hung on the bus doing nitrous with paul and pinkus.....good times.....when they come through next time, i will have some cannaventures electric larryland for them.....