What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guy Lafleur 9 20 1951 - 04 22 2022 Rest In Peace

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Guy Damien Lafleur, nicknamed "The Flower" and "Le Démon Blond", was a Canadian professional hockey player.

He was the first player in National Hockey League history to score 50 goals in six consecutive seasons as well as 50 goals and 100 points in six consecutive seasons.

5 Stanley Cups.

glfoldtimers.jpg

RMS

:cry:

Last edited:

Petrochemical

there are two things that I saw at the Montreal Forum that I'll never forget, one was guy play and the other was iron maiden peace of mind My ears are still ringing from that shell kind of I'm a Bruins fan and I loved guy. Rip

ilovetoskiatalt

Sadly my memory of seeing him at the Forum was of him smoking a cigarette before a game, he was with his wife who was in a blue chinchilla coat. He floated on ice...Le D'emon Blond..

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
there are two things that I saw at the Montreal Forum that I'll never forget, one was guy play and the other was iron maiden peace of mind My ears are still ringing from that shell kind of I'm a Bruins fan and I loved guy. Rip
Being from Mtl I got to see lots of him. That being said, although Mtl is/was my team (gave up hockey in the 2003 strike) Boston was always my 2nd team, amidst all the teams thereafter. I even remember the days were the game started 1/2hr later than the start on TV. So they had a fresh reel to show. Ahh, the good old days :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Sadly my memory of seeing him at the Forum was of him smoking a cigarette before a game, he was with his wife who was in a blue chinchilla coat. He floated on ice...Le D'emon Blond..
Like everyone else, Guy had is own demons... smoking was just one of them.