What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gummies!

Maple_Flail

Thank you so much for the info
Working with 1:1 ratio thc/cbd flower
Have to try it out
I pulverized the mushrooms too then use lemon juice to extract
Can vouch for the effectiveness and you get your glow within 10 minutes

Trying to learn about CBD flower for sleep, relaxation and what appears to be a counter acting agent to psychoactive material
Used super sour space candy to counter my edible green outs

Anything you are comfortable sharing about CBD and mushrooms would be appreciated
I have no doubt lemon tek works.. just nothing to test it with for solid numbers.

add CBN in if you are in an area that you can reasonably acquire it, otherwise add in raw thca/cbda extract is possible during last mix (10-20% of your intended added target, less if you wish to function.)

a good amount of time the couch lock from edibles is from the acid forms remaining from decarb. if the decarb didn't get to 70% thca conversion this is why..

CBN would be at 1:1:1 ratio for bedtime, aim for at least 10mg cbn if you are aiming for a sedative effect

the edibles I make provided the testing is correct (rec market resting in Canada), and i don't accidently cook things off land in the range of

50mg THC, 16mg-18mg CBD, 8-9mg CBN, 16mg-18mg CBG, 10mg CBC (when I can get it) and 20-25mg THCV (when I can get it) with about 50mg of mushrooms per gummy. (yes technically a nano dose)

my spouse will go though about 3-5 a night while working. she will also go though about that much in in an hour or two on lazy days off.

Tincandtoke

I have no doubt lemon tek works.. just nothing to test it with for solid numbers.

add CBN in if you are in an area that you can reasonably acquire it, otherwise add in raw thca/cbda extract is possible during last mix (10-20% of your intended added target, less if you wish to function.)

a good amount of time the couch lock from edibles is from the acid forms remaining from decarb. if the decarb didn't get to 70% thca conversion this is why..

CBN would be at 1:1:1 ratio for bedtime, aim for at least 10mg cbn if you are aiming for a sedative effect

the edibles I make provided the testing is correct (rec market resting in Canada), and i don't accidently cook things off land in the range of

50mg THC, 16mg-18mg CBD, 8-9mg CBN, 16mg-18mg CBG, 10mg CBC (when I can get it) and 20-25mg THCV (when I can get it) with about 50mg of mushrooms per gummy. (yes technically a nano dose)

my spouse will go though about 3-5 a night while working. she will also go though about that much in in an hour or two on lazy days off.
Thank you so much for the info
I micro dose and occasionally take a 1-2 gram trip to break the cycle of chronic pain
Only applications of heat are during the decarb for flower and during infusion processing
Try to keep things around 200f-220f (93c-104c) during infusion

Testing is non existent around here as corporate has ruined everything
May have to mail samples across the country if its legal
Making some connections to other members on various sites who grow CBD & CBG flower
CBDV seems to be a great cannabinoid to work with for edibles
Have a CBD cocktail tincture of several different cultivars like super sour space candy and pine walker
Add this to a base tincture of thunder struck 10%thc/15%cbd to tweak the recipe for results

Very interested in your process
I'll try not to be a pest and do as much research as possible
Usually need a little direction to relevant info

Agsin, thanks for your time

Maple_Flail

My process, not exactly scientific. its more K.I.S.S.
this is why I don't strain particulate, I don't have access to tech to verify I am getting all that I intend out of the substance (ie.. everything), so if you don't take it out.. you won't lose it.

I decarb at 297*F for 9-11 minutes for THC dominate flower.. (yes... I know.. don't post the chart this is intentional, again more trial and error..my intention is to reduce the THCa % by abusing the biological 70% conversion) and about 16-18 minutes for CBD dominate flowers. Thus I do not like using 1:1 ish ratio base plant.

Currently all my CBD and minors come activated so I'm only decarbing THC (normally using shatter or sugar wax) experimenting with open double boiling decarbing of my shatter/wax don't have timelines on this just wait until the bubbling stops. once that happens (its only butter and shatter in the boiler at that point) i bring my temps down likely closer to 180F

my method is similar at this point.

notes: I do everything in the boiler but the bloom, I don't have access to the fancy jello easily.
also tweaked to be a little closer to wine gums consistency vs straight gummy bears. I don't use the Sorbate, I use 1 tbsp lemon juice instead (similar effect plus mine don't last long enough to get to a point where it matters)

my recipe;
little more than 1/2 cup butter
Little less than 1/2 cup infused mct oil from rec market (containing CBD, CBN and CBG)
{do not put any CBG in until after THC decarb.. it has the lowest decarb point it will evaporate if you are not careful}
1 cup of additional flavorful liquid divided (flavored bubble water, stir with metal spoon to release the carbonation prior to use)
3 packets of gelatin
2 boxes of jello
1TBSP sunflower lecithin
1tbsp lemon juice
+mushrooms

if you get creative you can come to some interesting flavors mixing different flavors of jello with different flavors of water

I am hesitant with CBDv... CBD is already problematic enough to manage in a health care sense...
great in a vacuum, but working it into an already established health care situation can be hard. it doesn't play nice with many pharmaceuticals based on its "grapefruit juice" effect in the stomach. something purportedly stronger in aspects that haven't faces the same rigger makes me concerned with this molecule

Attachments

• ffe1c0b0-9620-414f-8c99-e5b33d0851c3photo.jpeg
    ffe1c0b0-9620-414f-8c99-e5b33d0851c3photo.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 18

Tincandtoke

My process, not exactly scientific. its more K.I.S.S.
this is why I don't strain particulate, I don't have access to tech to verify I am getting all that I intend out of the substance (ie.. everything), so if you don't take it out.. you won't lose it.

I decarb at 297*F for 9-11 minutes for THC dominate flower.. (yes... I know.. don't post the chart this is intentional, again more trial and error..my intention is to reduce the THCa % by abusing the biological 70% conversion) and about 16-18 minutes for CBD dominate flowers. Thus I do not like using 1:1 ish ratio base plant.

Currently all my CBD and minors come activated so I'm only decarbing THC (normally using shatter or sugar wax) experimenting with open double boiling decarbing of my shatter/wax don't have timelines on this just wait until the bubbling stops. once that happens (its only butter and shatter in the boiler at that point) i bring my temps down likely closer to 180F

my method is similar at this point.

notes: I do everything in the boiler but the bloom, I don't have access to the fancy jello easily.
also tweaked to be a little closer to wine gums consistency vs straight gummy bears. I don't use the Sorbate, I use 1 tbsp lemon juice instead (similar effect plus mine don't last long enough to get to a point where it matters)

my recipe;
little more than 1/2 cup butter
Little less than 1/2 cup infused mct oil from rec market (containing CBD, CBN and CBG)
{do not put any CBG in until after THC decarb.. it has the lowest decarb point it will evaporate if you are not careful}
1 cup of additional flavorful liquid divided (flavored bubble water, stir with metal spoon to release the carbonation prior to use)
3 packets of gelatin
2 boxes of jello
1TBSP sunflower lecithin
1tbsp lemon juice
+mushrooms

if you get creative you can come to some interesting flavors mixing different flavors of jello with different flavors of water

I am hesitant with CBDv... CBD is already problematic enough to manage in a health care sense...
great in a vacuum, but working it into an already established health care situation can be hard. it doesn't play nice with many pharmaceuticals based on its "grapefruit juice" effect in the stomach. something purportedly stronger in aspects that haven't faces the same rigger makes me concerned with this molecule

Do you have links or a site name for the cbdv info?
I'm doing this as I go along so my ignorance is substantial
Most of the information is dated and it is apparent I missed some important research regarding cbd and pharmaceutical drug interaction
The chocolate I make has bumped Ambien out of someone's med regime but I want to be sure about any negative interactions

IMG_20240125_130208.jpg IMG_20240125_130436.jpg IMG_20240125_130609.jpg IMG_20240125_131654.jpg IMG_20240125_131741.jpg IMG_20240125_133427.jpg

Instead of gummies I do cannabis infused syrup with sugar as the carrier
3-5 hour duration with much lighter effects
My oil gummies are 8+ hours of heavy high
Also do a crazy version of hot buttered syrup

I point out to people he makes a homemade 210S, the product in the pics above
Best of both worlds but hard to dose

Last edited:

Maple_Flail

ya, cbd interacts with Ambien, by inhibiting a liver enzyme cause delays in absorption which effectively increase the dose of effective Ambien. tread carefully here.

Cannot provide much on CBDv as a mere fraction is available vs CBD, this is why I am hesitant
seems to effect similar receptors TRPV/A, 5thp etc so I am waiting for more deep dives to get into it. (plus no access)

Tincandtoke

ya, cbd interacts with Ambien, by inhibiting a liver enzyme cause delays in absorption which effectively increase the dose of effective Ambien. tread carefully here.

Cannot provide much on CBDv as a mere fraction is available vs CBD, this is why I am hesitant
seems to effect similar receptors TRPV/A, 5thp etc so I am waiting for more deep dives to get into it. (plus no access)

Actually the CBD replaced the Ambien
Consumer no longer takes it (Ambien)

My dispensary is medical only so there may be some associated info since they grew a cbdv cultivar
Hard to get to the right people with info
If I get anything I will post it

has any one tryed to use wine as your infusion medium(apposed to coconut oil)? Would help with the meltyness... but would also put a potency limit on it due to difference between Coconut oil and wine for cannabinoid concentration

When I switched to using concentrated distillate vs infused coconut oil, the gummy melt thing subsided a good bit, improved taste too.

Never used wine to make gummies. Hmmm.

Maple_Flail

When I switched to using concentrated distillate vs infused coconut oil, the gummy melt thing subsided a good bit, improved taste too.

Never used wine to make gummies. Hmmm.
I've not tried it yet, So many other things to mess with, I've been so caught up in ratios and effect with arrays of minor cannabinoids

if you end up doing it, let us know and remember to throw in a potency comparison!