What's new

GSC x Lem Chem Outdoor

Momerath

Day 48 cont.

Day 48 cont.

Number 4
I am so happy that this plant survived. She has turned out so beautifully and so different from her sisters. Long, stretchy spear buds that stink of fresh pineapple and fairly solid to boot! I as hoping they would get a bit fatter in the end, but I am still stoked on this plant. She got so tall that a good storm knocked over her tallest colas, but the branches didn't come close to breaking, just bent gently. This plant has a decent bit of bud on it and should be done around day 56. Also, I have noticed that the caterpillars don't seem to like this plant very much, as I have found maybe 2 the entire grow. Also, with the spacing of the buds, there is little worry of mold. In this climate, both of those traits are great to have. If this one test near the top, and keeps its great smell, she may be my keeper.

picture.php

picture.php

Also, I found this near the very top of the plant. I've seen this only a few times before, and think its a cool little trait.

picture.php

Number 5
So I am no longer calling her the dud. She has really shown her true colors in these last two weeks, and is easily the most visually appealing of them. Also, with some of the best trich coverage on the buds. Still absolutely no smell. Which I am now looking at in a new light. A gorgeous plant with no scent, could be perfect for stealth growing. So she is now the "stealth bomber" pheno. I am eager to see how she smokes, and if any smell will come out in cure, which would be awesome if it did. She has by far the densest buds of all the plants (I swear they could break glass), which makes me nervous around the rainy season. But the caterpillars hate this plant too so that is great news! Will go to day 54-56.

picture.php

picture.php

Momerath

Day 48 cont.

Day 48 cont.

Which brings me to...

Number 6
The long standing favorite. What's not to love? Stinks like lemon candy and floor cleaner, great big solid chunks of bud covered up and down in resin. Did I mention she will be he first to come down? I am letting her go to day 51. I got to try a sample bud of her today and I am so stoked. Flavor is creamy lemon with chem notes, very smooth and not expansive. Effect is very warm, relaxing, and sedating, very indica. Very potent for a sample bud. It is very hard to wait to cut her, but 3 more days and she's perfect. So far, my keeper pheno...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Harvest pics to come very soon. Then I will give you guys the rundown on numbers and my final analysis of the strain. :tiphat:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Whoa mo, they look awesome! I can't lie, I'm jealous of the size of your buds :p Will be neat to hear how your plants smoked, they have some variation, but all look great.

Momerath

Thank you. I was very happy with them all the way through. All plants have since been harvested and sampled. I am on holiday right now and will give a better recap when I get home. Suffice it to say, I am stoked on the harvest and cannot wait to do a full write up. This is some high test ganja :)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bro

sorry im late to the show

very nice pics and details
and some nice size bushes
outdoors also
sweet
nice to see an outside test
nice flowering pics
looking real tasty

peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 and 5 looking my favourites

the bud on leaf is a cookie trait i get in my cookie x's

Momerath

Some dry shots plus final yield...

Some dry shots plus final yield...

Howdy y'all!

Thank you for all the kind words. This was a very fun grow and I am even more excited about this next round, which is in week 3 of bloom as we speak. More on that later.

Many apologies for the long overdue write up. Sometimes life can get away from you haha anyway I have some dry shots and a strain write up, as I have now had the chance to cure the buds for about 6 weeks, and feel that I have an accurate idea about each phenotype.

Let me start out by saying this strain exceeded my expectations. The parents of this hybrid were both obviously very great strains to begin with.
I have decided to keep both #6 and #1 as keeper moms. I just couldn't choose one over the other. They are polar opposites as far as experience goes, and really showed the diversity this cross can have. I will detail each in a minute.

The Grow side of the report:

Lemon Chem Cookies
Medium: Momerath blend (4pt coco coir, 3pt organic potting soil, 2pt organic compost, 1pt worm castings)
Nutrients: All organic amendments (too many to write here)
Outdoor at 20*N

This strain was mostly uniform from the beginning, with the exception of the heavy sativa dominant phenotype, which grew very narrow leaves and gets extremely tall and lanky. Extra headroom is a must for that one.
They all grew into decently bushy plants, with the #4 being very tall and branchy, but lanky . I would say medium height overall.
It seemed to me that they could have tolerated much more nutrients than they were given (they received my standard dose for new strains). This next round I am hitting them much harder, and they are loving it so far. Much fuller canopy this time around.
They all start producing heavy amounts of resin from early on, with many notes of citrus, diesel, chocolate, mint, hot garbage. Odor control is a must with these ladies. My neighborhood reeked pretty well for the second half of bloom, and with only 5 of them.
Flowering times on these were damn decent. The first came down on day 51, and the last on 54 (although I could have stretched her to 60 if the weather hadn't turned to shit). Bearing in mind my flowering times are slightly shorter than with straight 12/12, I would guess they would come in normally between 56-65 days or thereabouts.

Production was fairly uniform across all phenotypes, despite the size difference of the sativa pheno. They all pulled in between 300-350g dry per plant. This is also counting the 2oz lost from mold and insect damage (surprised it wasn't much much more). Again I think yield was lower than could be with this strain, and I believe this next round will produce a noticeable increase, with the increased nutrients and pot size (This first round was done in 10 gal smart pots, second round in 65 gal smart pots).

Final Product Review ~

After smelling the plants for 2 months I was itching to get at this stuff. And wouldn't you know I had to leave town for a week and a half while it dried, so I got a lesson in patience. When I got to try it when I got back, I was very pleased overall with the results. The 2 standouts were #1 and #6, although they were all very good herb (number 5 gets an honorable mention).

I will break it down on each phenotype...like always...

Number 1
While growing, this girl was by and far the most offensive smelling, and that held true once she was dry as well. I was super stoked to find out that not only did she keep her outrageous odor, it actually intensified in all the right ways during cure. She smells like a bottle of lemon pledge was dumped on month old garbage. This may very well be some of the stinkiest bud I have ever grown.
Potency on this was stand out from the rest of the crowd. She has a very motivating, energetic, and focused effect. Absolutely perfect for any time, great wake and bake material. Can easily be overdone with racey effects. Better than coffee for me. I let her go the longest, to 54 days, but she really could have gone at least another 4, maybe even 7. But the weather turned and I didn't want to risk it.
She ended up being very tolerant to the weather. I found no mold or mildew whatsoever on her, which I attribute to her less dense buds (still very dense, just not like the others).
The finished flavor is very chemmy and citrusy, with a slight sting to the nostrils. Some serious terpene action going on here. Smoke is smooth and non-expansive, citrusy exhale. Top notch stuff! New keeper for sure!

picture.php

Number 3
The buds on this plant were slightly smaller than all the rest, but also very dense, and it evened out in the end yield wise. Smell while growing was very appealing, fruity and sweet and earthy. After the cure, it has changed quite a bit, and not for the better I am afraid. It still smells good, but has retained only a mildly strong citrus scent, think oranges and lemons. I was hoping it would keep its bake shop type scent after cure. Flavor is also good, but nothing exceptional. Tastes like a citrusy kush, not strong enough to stand up to her sisters. Still very enjoyable and not bad by any means. Beautiful crystally dense buds. Potency on this one seemed to be the lowest of all the phenotypes, though I won't know for sure until it is properly tested. Very relaxing and sedating type effects, good evening smoke, not too strong. Would be good for casual smoker, but as I am medical, I require a little more pizazz.

picture.php

Number 4
This was one weird plant. Had a huge sative structure, with proportionately tiny buds. However, size is ultimately irrelevant to quality, and this was a testament to that. The buds from this turned out fabulous, with the critical exception of losing its wonderful pineapple smell. That was my main reason for not keeping this one over the #1. The smell ended up being a generic kushy kinda smell with very distant citrus tones. However, as far as potency goes, she packs quite a punch. Very stoney and mind numbing, second overall in perceived potency. The flavor is mellow and citrusy, still no pineapples. Also was very easy to trim, and her lanky structure prevented any mold whatsoever from taking hold, a real plus here. I gifted her to a good friend in a damper climate, where I am sure she will perform very well.

picture.php

Number 5
The stealth bomber indeed. Probably the best/worst case of ugly duckling syndrome I have seen in ganja. I am very glad she is who she is. This plant had no smell whatsoever growing, but now I am convinced it is because the ultra dense buds locked all the terpenes inside. After the cure, when you open the jar, there is a faint dank smell, ok so what. Break her open, and nothing but pure OG stink. Score, just what I was hoping would happen. The flavor is equally pungent, reminds me a lot of the OG18 I grew a while back. The potency on this one is strange. A very confusing and cloudy type of effect, still not sure if I really dig it or not. Very much on the indica side of things. I really want to get her tested and see what else is in there, since its clearly not all THC. I am keeping this plant around, but with the sole purpose of trying her indoors before I can make a decision. She is completely unfit for my outdoor environment, as she had the worst mold problem of them all. I had to toss many of the larger tops, which wasn't a lot of weight ultimately, but dang I like the big tops! Great herb, but needs to be kept indoors or in a dry climate.

picture.php

Number 6
This stuff is the shit. The bomb.com if you will. I could tell from early on she was special, and she didn't disappoint. My absolute will be around for a very long time new keeper. She produced the largest buds, the most resinous, and the best smelling by a mile. When harvested she smelled like lemon candy deiselish. After the cure, her smell has morphed into something brilliant. When the jar is opened, you are hit with the smell of brownies and fruit, like you're in a bakery, but danker. Then, when the bud itself is broken open, you are slapped with the dankest lemon diesel and chocolate smell. This is the one I was dreaming existed, and I really can't believe she showed up. Flavor is off the hook, fruit and cocoa with a very mild minty back. And if it couldn't get better, devastating potency. This is the daywrecker out of the group. I save her for when I really have nothing left to do for the day, because shit just isn't getting done with her. Some seriously strong herb, and I can't wait to see what she tests out at. The winner by a mile...#6

picture.php

Well, there ya go folks! The Lemon Chem Cookies in all her glory. I would seriously recommend this strain to everyone who wants a potent flavor party, with lots of variety to choose from.

I will be back on this thread with more pics of the new round. It's putting the last one to shame so far!

Momerath out