What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing with Genghis

GenghisKush

I figure I talk enough smack elsewhere on this forum that I ought to show a little community spirit and at least talk about my grow. I live in a newly-legal US state with a plant count limit, and I'm not sure what exactly constitutes a "plant" (are cuttings plants? are rooted cuttings plants?). For such reasons I want to proceed cautiously.

I grow in a 4' x 12' (121 cm x 365 cm) closet with a 2'x4' tent for flower and a 2'x2' tent for veg. Recently I set up a 2'x4' wire shelf on one end, lighted, for propagation.

I grow hydroponically in coco mixed with 1 g Wollastonite per liter of medium, feeding "hydroponic special" at an electrical conductivity of 2.4 mS/cm, corresponding to TDS_500 of 1200 ppm and pH 5.5 to 5.8. I have read many times that the nutrient vendor feed schedules are too rich, and I will probably lower my EC in time. For now I'm having success. To my nutrient sol'n I add 1 mL/gal of a fulvic/humic suppliment. I irrigate with Blumats. I have an upper reservoir that is one of those flip totes. It fills from and spills over into a lower reservoir that contains a sweet little 24v DC, 800 gal/minute, 6m head submersible pump.

Lights and pumps are flipped on and off by a relay module mounted on a DIN rail and controlled by a small single-board computer also mounted on the rail, along with 5v and 24v power supplies, all mounted in an enclosure with a 110V AC wall plug.

I grow in 3L air pots. I've only recently realized that microbes are going to be living among my roots (unless I go all-sterile, which I didn't have success with) and I ought to set the field of battle for plant success. Difficulty cloning (and hints picked up from reading f-e's cloning guide) taught me this. So now I inoculate plant rhizosphere with mycorrhizae and B. amyloliquefaciens. I'm about to try a product with Yarrowia lipolytica (a yeast!) for shits and giggles.

Currently flowering: Chem 4 and Peanut Butter Breath, both from clone. Recently harvested: AJ's cut of Sour Diesel. (Or so I have been led to believe.) Vegging/re-vegging: Romulan Kush from Next Generation and White Widow from Seedsman.

Last edited:

GenghisKush

IMG_2548.JPG

Chem4 at 1 week
IMG_2552.JPG

Stardawg corey at week 10
IMG_2560.JPG

AJ Sour Diesel at week 10
IMG_2588.JPG

AJSD w10 closeup
IMG_2593.JPG

ChemD w10 closeup (I think it's ChemD)
IMG_2601.JPG

Corey w1
IMG_2602.JPG

Corey w1
IMG_2605.JPG

Chem4 w1

GenghisKush

growing in 2 2x4s.
promix BX in 1 gal air-pots
irrigated w blumats supplied by gravity-fed nutrient sol'n (upper reservoir replenished hourly with spillover, so as to keep pressure at blumat sensor STABLE)

i'm very happy w how the whole set-up is working