What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Growing Mack & Crack

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I typically don’t buy the latest and greatest hot strains but after I won a Vault seed competition, I decided to give a few a try to beef up the order. Mack & Crack was one from Seedstockers that caught my eye. Miracle Alien Cookies x Green Crack. Reputed to be a high THC Sativa blend of goodness that even has its very own logo. I guess we shall see if it lives up to its billing but with parents like that it was worth buying a small pack of feminized.

m+c-logo.jpg

The two beans that I popped certainly were vigorous and they had split with tails oozing in less than a day. I had healthy tails showing after just 2 days of paper towel soaking. They went into solo cups for a few days but I got impatient – like I always seem to do – and I transplanted them into their final 5 gallon home.

Here they are at 14 days in dirt (well . . . actually coco and perlite).

Temp 25.6C. pH 5.8ish rh 51% (a battle here in winter furnaceland). ec 1.2 approximately. My Phlizon light is at 50%.

wk3---p1.jpg

wk3---p2.jpg

They almost look like twins . :rasta: I won’t promise a full blown grow diary but I will update this along the way . . .

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I typically don’t buy the latest and greatest hot strains but after I won a Vault seed competition, I decided to give a few a try to beef up the order. Mack & Crack was one from Seedstockers that caught my eye. Miracle Alien Cookies x Green Crack. Reputed to be a high THC Sativa blend of goodness that even has its very own logo. I guess we shall see if it lives up to its billing but with parents like that it was worth buying a small pack of feminized.

View attachment 18963203
The two beans that I popped certainly were vigorous and they had split with tails oozing in less than a day. I had healthy tails showing after just 2 days of paper towel soaking. They went into solo cups for a few days but I got impatient – like I always seem to do – and I transplanted them into their final 5 gallon home.

Here they are at 14 days in dirt (well . . . actually coco and perlite).

Temp 25.6C. pH 5.8ish rh 51% (a battle here in winter furnaceland). ec 1.2 approximately. My Phlizon light is at 50%.

View attachment 18963204

View attachment 18963205

They almost look like twins . :rasta: I won’t promise a full blown grow diary but I will update this along the way . . .
Thanks, friend.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
These are very vigorous plants. In fact, They are probably the most vigorous that I have grown . . . but then, I am still just an amateur.

d23---p2.jpg

A tiny bit of edge upturning on the leaves on this one. I assume it is light related but I am only running @ 50% and the light is at the top of the tent so its going to have to live with it. :cool:

d23---p1.jpg

They are 23 days from sprout. ec 1.2 pH 5.8ish Btw I am using Canna A + B and cal/mag only.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 47. Well, I have absolutely nothing to report. The plants are both doing very well . . . and almost flowering . . . still.

Very bushy and healthy and after just shy of two weeks of 12/1,2 they have only stretched a bit but very uniformly – a globular stretch perhaps? I have been maintaining a 1.2 ec and a pH of 5.8 with mid-20s temps and just over 50% rh. I did a bit of lower leaf cleanup 4 or 5 days ago so that might have delayed things a bit.

For this grow, I pinned the Phlizon light to my ceiling and I just played with the dimmer. 30% for the seedlings, 40% for early veg increasing to 60% for late veg and finally 100% for flower. Photon on my phone is giving me a ppfd of 640 µmol/m2/s at the canopy.

d47.jpg

All is well. Except for that damn black cord hanging down in the picture . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 56. Three weeks since the flip to 12/12 and we have nice buddage.

d56.jpg

I defol’d some of the lower fans yesterday and overnight both plants jumped vertically with stalks breaking above the plant mass for the first time. A very noticeable difference. Hmmm.

d56-2.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Mine went to high, I did not handle weel its stretch.

I must admit that I have been surprised with the low upward growth of both of these plants - which are now at only 30” high (76 cm). They are flowering nicely though with lots of bud sites.

The only thing that I have done differently with this grow is to hang the light at the tent maximum and dial in the intensity gradually. I didn't reach 100% until just before flowering.

d66.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
It is Day 76 – nearing the end of week 4 after flowering began. I am super impressed with the fast growth of these plants. Right from the start they showed extreme vigor and that hasn’t stopped. I gave my last seed to a grow buddy who has had germing problem as of late (this sounds familiar) and this seed popped immediately for him as well. I expect an early harvest - not the usual 10 or 11 weeks . . . Great genetics from seedstockers!

After my attempt to throw them out of whack (cal-mg issue of course) things seem to be back on track. The smell is an interesting mix of tangerine, burnt rubber, sweet pine . . .

Plant 1

d76-plant-1.jpg

The slightly smaller plant 2 . . .

d76-plant-2.jpg