What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing in Acidic swamps

Hi growers
A question about adding lime, got a nice little swamp spot,did a few plants this year and they did sort of ok but I think a hit of lime dug in to settle over winter could do wonders. Does anyone have any real world experience on this? Amounts to add especially directly into soil beds dug in deep. The soil is currently 4.5 ph
Hope someone can help Please
Western Australian bush grower

Ca++

I had a plot at 4.5pH and soil samples suggested to me I should add Ca and K. The plot was okay anyway, but got better. I never sampled again though, as someone camped there one winter. Over 20yo that site... never mind

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I have planted in the swamp for years but never checked the PH. If your swamp is acidic then you might be able to amend the site with generous additions of lime, which of course has basic properties to counteract the acidic swamp soil in the root zone of your plants

Hey people,

Aren't you experiencing any mold problems in the swamps?
What about high humidity?

btb
Every round here grows in swamps or creeks valley floors etc
This is Western Australia it’s hot and dry,Sometimes around harvest time it might rain a bit to much but generally not too much Mold issues if you’re careful