What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow tent/box free talk time

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hey guys. We all know that the grow tent/box is a necessary equipment for indoor grow.

Without it, we could grow plants in cabinet or open space. but to control the growing environment more precisely, a steady grow tent/box is a must thing.

There are a lot of grow tent options on market now. But how can we choose the most suitable tent? What components will influence the durability? What kind of component do you think should be used?

This is a free talk thread for grow tent/box. Welcome to share your personal ideas. :smoke out:Peace and love.

Talk.jpg

Three Berries

I've got two tents and use temp and humidity controlled exhaust fans. Generally it takes care of things. A lot of conditioned air is being wasted though and as the temp/humidity rises it becomes too difficult to provide enough flow.

I would like to see some sort of closed circuit water cooling incorporated. Either a water filled rigid base or some sort of condenser coil like ( back of refrigerator style) for the area above the lights to absorb the heat and remove it.

BABY Z

I've got two tents and use temp and humidity controlled exhaust fans. Generally it takes care of things. A lot of conditioned air is being wasted though and as the temp/humidity rises it becomes too difficult to provide enough flow.

I would like to see some sort of closed circuit water cooling incorporated. Either a water filled rigid base or some sort of condenser coil like ( back of refrigerator style) for the area above the lights to absorb the heat and remove it.
Sarebbero di sicuro innovativa,ma a che costo? E soprattutto in quale misura forma ecc ? Molto molto allettante ma anche molto difficile e impegnativo 😍

Three Berries

Sarebbero di sicuro innovativa,ma a che costo? E soprattutto in quale misura forma ecc ? Molto molto allettante ma anche molto difficile e impegnativo 😍
I have an old car AC condenser that would be good for a heat sink, slim and lightweight enough to hang above the light. An old heater core and a fan for the cooling. If I had enough vertical height I might be able to use convection to move the water without a pump. But I'm in a single story house.

BABY Z

I have an old car AC condenser that would be good for a heat sink, slim and lightweight enough to hang above the light. An old heater core and a fan for the cooling. If I had enough vertical height I might be able to use convection to move the water without a pump. But I'm in a single story house.
Ahòò,ma chi 6 ????? Mcgiver ?

BABY Z

Sei troppo avanti tecnicamente, purtroppo per seguirti e capire a modo dovrei studiare molto....troppo....,fino ad ora mi limito a seguire il silenzio 🤣🤤😁

Three Berries

Heat rises. So if you put an aluminum radiator in the top of the tent it will heat up, then using larger than normal piping or tubing insulated on the hot side output of the radiator so there is no restriction or heat loss and all going uphill to another heat sink with a fan or in a cool area overhead As the upper radiator cools down the water will flow downhill to a tank below the radiator at the top of the tent. As it heats up in the radiator in the tent above the tank it pulls in cooler water from below.

Just like with no air movement the heat rises to the top of a room and cool air goes to the floor.