What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Book Marketing

zonderkop

Vendor
Hello IC. I'd like to advertise my book in Oregon, DC, and Colorado markets with a very modest budget. So far my ideas are community radio and reddit. Google, Facebook, and Outbrain won't take my money. Actually, Facebook does, but campaigns stop for no apparent reason.

A related problem is I get less than 100 visitors per day to my website. At least 1 to 2 percent of visitors buy the book (some go to Amazon or other venues).

What else should I look into?

My website is www.kickassorganics.com

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Hello IC. I'd like to advertise my book in Oregon, DC, and Colorado markets with a very modest budget. So far my ideas are community radio and reddit. Google, Facebook, and Outbrain won't take my money. Actually, Facebook does, but campaigns stop for no apparent reason.

A related problem is I get less than 100 visitors per day to my website. At least 1 to 2 percent of visitors buy the book (some go to Amazon or other venues).

Did someone say marketing ?

Id say the website www.kickassorganics.com name alone will keep you out of most mainstream ad marketing.

I would suggest if you have a small budget to start with free.

Matthew Woodward
out of the uk has an extremely good collection of resources and how to videos for marketing any niche on the web.
Im warning you, his website is a timesuck and be prepared for 2-4 weeks of heavy research and study. However if your budget is zero-ish he could help you understand things like social media marketing to facebook advertising so when you pay someone to do stuff you can quantify results easily.

Also , Im a social marketing expert , feel free to pm me if you have questions

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have more then 350 Cannabis grow books I have collected in the last 50 years, can you suggest why anyone would want your grow book over the best of the 350? I have not seen yours yet, I will get it eventually, I love to look at them when I need a few laughs, everyone I have has errors, but I still love them all.
I did check out your book on Amazon, the bug pictures suck.
I am a organic bio-dynamic french intensive raised beds gardener for 45 years, I do like the message you are spreading, but another Cannabis grow book? Give me a break..... I will get it because I am obsessive, I am pretty sure it won't help me.
-SamS

zonderkop

Vendor
lolz. i wrote the book just for you and now i'm just crestfallen by your words!

in writing my book, i did read quite a few "regular" gardening books (in addition to the many pot books i read), and was surprised by the amount of fluff in those books. mine, in a good way, is way more information dense.

most other cannabis grow books do not combine (or even discuss) the teachings of soil science and permaculture the way i do. nor do they discuss modern organic techniques such as seed sprout teas.

the book's intended audience is absolute newbies and those new to organic gardening. i have read many organic grow books out there, and, imo, they are not as informative, adaptive (e.g., full DIY to full store bought grows), or exposes the reader to cool permaculture concepts like "plants for plants" (dynamic accumulators), "bugs for bugs" (frass), and pit greenhouses, with 1 or 2 exceptions.

would you mind posting again once you read it?

mister c

Drop some dough on google adwords. You will increase web traffic for sure. Start with $50-100 bucks and you will be surprised.

That being said...fuck google.

There is yahoo ads, bing ads, etc. Facebook ads work well too.

That being said...fuck facebook.

*Edit

Nevermind...im high. Didnt see that they wont take your money. Good luck tho....

Lol

Last edited:
B

Baked Alaskan

First off, good luck!
Know your customers. Obviously Sam is not your target audience although he will probably buy your book.
Try your local Small Business Development Center. Most SBDC's have a helpful network of people and resources.
Honestly, you may want to rename your book. The word "kickass" limits you severely.
Best of luck!