What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greetings, New to ICMAG and Checking Ya'all Out

SweetLeafGrow

Greetings Fellow Cultivators,

I found this forum and thought I would give it a go. Love to learn about this amazing plant and help others when I am able.

I have been growing Cannabis for almost 2 years after I found out I have cancer. I chose not to go down the mainstream medical establishment road and take their poisons and researched alternatives to chemo and radiation. I saw a homeopathic doc and he recommended Cannabis (among other things) and that is what I have been doing. I make oil out of the flowers and take a gram of that every day.

I started out a total idiot, seriously. No green thumb here. I figured soil would be the way to go but I struggled with it. I had a couple of successful grows but could not keep up with my needs. I had to get medicine from the dispensary, which is very expensive in the legal state where I live. My dispensary friend talked me into going hydro and I researched it out and eventually went with RDWC. I have had two successful grows there and in the middle of flower on my 3rd RDWC grow. I have a one plant site system with a res outside the 3x3 tent, total of about 13.5 gallons of water, and am growing a strain by Brother Mendel called Mendel’s Aether, currently almost 5 weeks since onset of flower, not sure how long this strain will go but I know what to look for.

I recently built a 4 plant site system the same as the singe site I am running now. If I am successful, I will not have to buy from a dispensary again, woohooo.

Anyhow, hoping to meet some great folks here and learn a lot and share what I have learned if I am able...find me a forum home, so to speak. The photos are from my current grow and is the Mendel’s Aether strain.

Attachments

• IMG_2260.JPG
    IMG_2260.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2261.JPG
    IMG_2261.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2262.JPG
    IMG_2262.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 40

laszlokovacs

Welcome! Beautiful Plants guy! I've heard good things about dragons flame stuff, I grew out a couple dragon crosses this summer that had some of his stuff in there I believe. That Mac Dragon is on another level though.

Sorry to hear about your health issues. It seems like everyday I read a new post on here reading about peoples worsening health. It sucks. I respect your decision to treat your illness however you want to. However, if you are not already please research and consider using mushrooms for your treatment. I am no proponent of mainstream medicine however there has actually been a fair amount of research published in medical journals about mushrooms improving outcomes in patients. Even some pharma cancer drugs are made from compounds found in mushrooms, (i.e. illudin S found in Jack O'Latern- TOXIC!!). But common easily found mushrooms like turkey tail and plenty of others have shown good things in cancer treatment

You seem very capable, so you probably already are aware of all this/researched it already but I thought I'd say my piece if not. Best of luck, hope the aether finishes up beatifully, those rails of frost are nuts. Looking forward to more of your grows

SweetLeafGrow

Thank you @laszlokovacs for your kind message! Yes, I have read about the Turkey Tail shrooms but is not one of the supplements I have been taking. I wanted to see if I could do this with Cannabis alone and I have recently realized that I cannot. I've tried dietary things and that just doesn't do it for me. My cancer is in my throat and I have a hard enough time eating foods I like. My naturalistic doc wanted me to go to dietary places I could not go, lol. I have been on RSO for over 18 months and it's amazing how it has helped with the pain, however, I have been on a slow path downhill, two steps forward - three steps back....so I decided to step it up.

One other treatment option my doc had suggested was to start an animal de-wormer protocol. We're talking about drugs like Ivermectin and Fenbendazole, horse and dog de-wormer, respectively. There is research and anecdotal evidence that shows these drugs are anti-cancer. So with reluctance at taking any more drugs, I have started this protocol which includes some vitamins and supplements along with the Fenbendazole. The protocol calls for 3 days on the Fenben and 4 days off but continue on the supplements and vitamins. So far I have not seen any adverse side effects and I actually feel pretty good.

Thank you again all for the cool welcome.

Lastly, @Smokedareefer great to see you here bro!

Moe.Red

Welcome! Beautiful Plants guy! I've heard good things about dragons flame stuff, I grew out a couple dragon crosses this summer that had some of his stuff in there I believe. That Mac Dragon is on another level though.
Maybe SLG will show us the undercarriage on that girl a bit earlier in Veg. The nodal spacing and sheer vascularity of the plant was impressive enough to me that I bought seeds from the same run from the breeder. They are next on my list to run, I'm hoping I end up with the same pheno.

Anthem275

Greetings Fellow Cultivators,

I found this forum and thought I would give it a go. Love to learn about this amazing plant and help others when I am able.

I have been growing Cannabis for almost 2 years after I found out I have cancer. I chose not to go down the mainstream medical establishment road and take their poisons and researched alternatives to chemo and radiation. I saw a homeopathic doc and he recommended Cannabis (among other things) and that is what I have been doing. I make oil out of the flowers and take a gram of that every day.

I started out a total idiot, seriously. No green thumb here. I figured soil would be the way to go but I struggled with it. I had a couple of successful grows but could not keep up with my needs. I had to get medicine from the dispensary, which is very expensive in the legal state where I live. My dispensary friend talked me into going hydro and I researched it out and eventually went with RDWC. I have had two successful grows there and in the middle of flower on my 3rd RDWC grow. I have a one plant site system with a res outside the 3x3 tent, total of about 13.5 gallons of water, and am growing a strain by Brother Mendel called Mendel’s Aether, currently almost 5 weeks since onset of flower, not sure how long this strain will go but I know what to look for.

I recently built a 4 plant site system the same as the singe site I am running now. If I am successful, I will not have to buy from a dispensary again, woohooo.

Anyhow, hoping to meet some great folks here and learn a lot and share what I have learned if I am able...find me a forum home, so to speak. The photos are from my current grow and is the Mendel’s Aether strain.
Glad you made it over

SweetLeafGrow

Welcome mate, your plants look really good especially seeing as you’ve not been growing that long, DWC is a difficult method to master, I salute you!
Thank you and I appreciate your kind words. Yes, hard to master and I have a long way to go!

I am also going to give credit where credit is due. My friend @Moe.Red has taught me most of what I know and much, much more. I'm so grateful for his guidance and friendship. Moe has some rare qualities and this place is better off by his contributions....if he stays here folks will see what I mean.

AmanteSativo

Benvenuto amico,felice che ti sei aggiunto a noi,spero questa medicina faccia molto per te.
La foto del ciclo precendente che hai postato mostra una bella pianta,eri già sulla strada giusta,secondo me avresti dovuto ottenere più rami (magari con più piante?),guidarli senza una rete e farli crescere un po' di più,così da sfruttare meglio la penetrazione della lampada,vedrai che aumenti la resa.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Benvenuto amico,felice che ti sei aggiunto a noi,spero questa medicina faccia molto per te.
La foto del ciclo precendente che hai postato mostra una bella pianta,eri già sulla strada giusta,secondo me avresti dovuto ottenere più rami (magari con più piante?),guidarli senza una rete e farli crescere un po' di più,così da sfruttare meglio la penetrazione della lampada,vedrai che aumenti la resa.
Buon suggerimento per la crescita. Grazie.

Cerathule

Thanks for the welcome ya'all!

As requested, photos from my last grow. The strain is Mac Dragon bx1 by Dragons Flame, one plant in RDWC. I harvested 17 ounces of killer flower that tested at 25.5% thc.

View attachment 18819861 View attachment 18819862 View attachment 18819863
Hmmm, so this is what people in here think is ok?!? I think not. These plants look like being heavily overfertilized up to the point of every leaf displaying burned tips and leaf margins. It's even evident in the lower leaves, it's not "a fade" judging by the still dark green which means high chloroplast / chlorophyll content.

Anyway, welcome to the board, hope you don't take my criticism personally, just here to offer help and an honest feedback.