What's new

Greenhouse ceiling maxed out

Mountainman203

So this is my first grow and I am doing it outdoors in a state where it is legal. I am growing in a greenhouse that is 7x7x15. I have 3 plants in there and it is maxed out too and sides!

I jacked the base an extra two feet off ground and now it is as high as I can take it. We get crappy weather sometimes in Sept and October and I want to keep them covered if it will not damage the plant. Here is where I need help.

Flowering started this week.
1. Should I bend the tops over (90 degrees or so until it breaks over) that are hitting the Roof?
2. The side branches are pressing on the greenhouse. Plants get damp if they are against the house during rain or super foggy days. I tied them up to the support cage to keep off of the sides. I am concerned about bud rot if we have a weeks worth of rain or fog.
Should I cut all branches hitting the sides? Or tie or stake them up?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
yeah, supercropping and tieing the branches is the way to go. you need more ventilation if you are getting damp sides. In lack of a better solution tie them away from the sides. could use netting or just run some wire lines from side to side at diferent height between some stakes or poles.

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well.
Mountainman203, l can foresee some real problems in your near future for this grow. Depending on your choice of strain, those plants could end up between ten to fifteen feet tall and as wide, after stretch.
Those plants will rot and you’ll probably end up with nothing.
If l were in this situation l would pull the plastic off the greenhouse and cover it with hortinova, for support and hope the weather gods are kind.
At least this way you can hit them with green cure, as soon as possible and get to all parts of the plant, with a decent backpack sprayer, clean out the insides, for preventative maintenance, if you haven’t already and put your efforts into preventative foliar sprays for the win.
As for super cropping, it’s a great technique to shape a plant by redirecting growth hormones, auxins and increase bud sites to reduce bud size but l always like to have it done three weeks before flower.
Without knowing your situation l believe you still have two to three weeks to do this, unless you’re strains finish in September and then you’re probably right and they are transitioning and l personally wouldn’t traumatise a plant by wounding it that late into senescence.
Anyway, l hope this helps and gives you a few ideas. I’d love to see some photos, if you think that’s appropriate and I’m looking forward to your updates.
Cheers,

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Keep the tops pulled over weekly, but make sure the plant is well watered. Dry plant stems will break easily when you bend them too much. I have grown 12 ft tall plants on their sides tieing the plants down a couple of ft off the ground. Keep pulling them down if you can without cutting or topping the plants. Topping the plant will slow flowering down but bending them will not.😎

222_0220.JPG