What's new

green tape

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Ha my overseas package had the dreaded green tape on it. Examined by US Customs and Border Protection. Get this, all the packs of seeds were still in the package. No they weren't hidden, just 6 packs of seeds in slips.:biggrin: No I ain't being setup or expecting a knock at the door. I live in legal Alaska. Has a new day dawned or was this a aberration?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Ha my overseas package had the dreaded green tape on it. Examined by US Customs and Border Protection. Get this, all the packs of seeds were still in the package. No they weren't hidden, just 6 packs of seeds in slips.:biggrin: No I ain't being setup or expecting a knock at the door. I live in legal Alaska. Has a new day dawned or was this a aberration?

maybe they are shipping them to look as if the contraband has already been pulled out & confiscated ? THAT would fuck with their heads...:laughing:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Strange, as I have had customs intercept several packages of seeds and I live in a rec/med state. Normally the seeds are gone, I get the bad boy letter inside the package, and the package is sealed up with the light green customs tape. Maybe they were late for the coffee and donuts break and couldn't be bothered with no stinking seeds?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Customs Seeds brand.

Looks like you lucked out.

What'd you order anyway, I wonder.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No letter. Just was opened and then resealed with the green customs tape. Maybe the guy was lazy or just don't give a shit about seeds. Will never know the real reason I guess.:biggrin:

Fortune was shining on you. In the future, order from a different seed bank and hope it doesn't go through the same Customs PO depot.

Green Squall

Maybe there's actually some good guys in customs. I remember someone posted a while back that when they received their package with green tape, seeds were gone but there was a note with a frown face. Guy probably had co workers/supervisors around him or maybe he would of left them.

igrowone

Veteran
i have seen this posted multiple times, i'm paranoid and have read practically every post online about customs and seeds
it's not a first, found seeds(sometimes) get ignored for some reason, and being where you are should be no further problem
hoping for more posts like this one

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am guessing the seeds were left on purpose. No hazard to anyone, harmless seeds after all. In a legal state this would hold, not sure if this happens in illegal states.

Not sure if it was you or someone else but I have read of this happening before and maybe more than once.

brown_thumb

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it legal to mail seeds anywhere in the USA... but illegal if the 'intent' is to grow them? We can own them but not germinate them?

CORRECTED -- NOT LEGAL!!

Last edited:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I guess I'll need to buy some more seeds..

I guess I'll need to buy some more seeds..

I order them shipped without packs, inside some trinkets :plant grow: and I pay for a guarantee

brown_thumb

I've ordered from Canada, UK and Amsterdam six or eight times. All were shipped in their original packs and I didn't pay for a guarantee. I've had no problems yet. There are some distributors that offer delivery guarantee and germination guarantee without charging extra for it.

Green Squall

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it legal to mail seeds anywhere in the USA... but illegal if the 'intent' is to grow them? We can own them but not germinate them?

Again, the above may be wrong.

Not is the US. In many other countries they are legal to own as novelties.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I've ordered from Canada, UK and Amsterdam six or eight times. All were shipped in their original packs and I didn't pay for a guarantee. I've had no problems yet. There are some distributors that offer delivery guarantee and germination guarantee without charging extra for it.

I had a shipment opened by U.S. Customs about 5 years ago and they took the seeds. I got them replaced and shipped successfully :woohoo:
The scariest part was going to my local Post Office an asking for my package. They just gave it to me, I'm sure they knew what the Blue Tape meant.

Good Growing !