What's new

Green poison sativa pheno?

coneconington

Hi y'all,
Iv been loving sweet seeds genetics for a while now, always top quality.

I recently tried green poison, 7 weeks sounded too good not to.
I got 2 phenotypes one was the standard green poison (from what iv seen) indica dominant, 7 ish weeks and done.
The other phenotype was very sativa with long thin leaves/branches and a 10 ish week flowering period. It had a hazy, meaty smell and taste, along with the Gp's skunky fruitiness.

Has anyone else seen this? Iv searched a bit and couldn't find a similar plant.
Unusual pheno? Or did I get the wrong stain as I ordered from a third party single seed seller?
Nice plant either way, just curious.

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi fella!
Thanks for sharing your experience ;)
are you talking about the F1 Fast Version® or the normal Green Poison?
I've noticed a different phenotype in the F1 Fast Version®, with an intense lemon taste.

I found a similar smell in the Big Foot, one strain very productive and easy to grow.
Hope you find your favorite phenotype!
Jaypp

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Do you have some pics mate?
If you like indicas, you also could try Mohan Ram® and Cream Caramel®, they are really good!
Sweet smokes!
Jaypp

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
interesting news indeed :)

so is that some kinda of jack or haze trying to peek out of the genes, Jay?

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers guys!

It's not usual but once in a while you can get a more sativa pheno out of Green Poison seeds. And, of course, it will take a while more to be ready. Hope you enjoy it ;)

The harvest times in the catalog should be interpreted as the time that most of the plants need to reach an acceptable maturity. This means that if a grower wants to grow 20 Green Poison plants and have them all ready within 7 weeks of flowering, then better do some selection first and keep a mother of the most productive and quality pheno that is ready in 7 weeks. Then use that mother to take clones and grow from clone to have quantity and quality in only 7 weeks.

All the best and sweet smokes! :peppermintstick:

tommy

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
thanks for the info Tommy, I usually grow sativa leaning plants so I'd actually be quite happy to find something a little different in a run...

If I find the 9-10 weeker in my run, I'll probably keep it for a second go as well as a quick finisher, ;)

coneconington

I'll get some pics of the sativa and some of the normal indica tonight, just to show you all the phenotype in question.
Thanks for all the replies 😊

coneconington

Can't figure out how to edit my previous post, but....
I was looking at cream caramel for my next run jaypp, I hear nothing but good things �� I also like the look of killer kush and sweet cheese, too many good choices ��