What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Best sausage I ever ate was bear. Intensely more flavorful and richer than beef. I understand though it has to do with how it’s butchered. I wish I could trade weed for bear meet. I always enjoy an old fashioned “horse trade” like this one.

@vermontman .. I think you got the better end as well. I hope you snapped some pics of dinner...
Hey Blondie!
The best bit of this bear was bear kielbasa I received and I don't even like kielbasa! But man it was outstanding , so yes bear sausage would most certainly tick all the boxes. I wish there more Bear meat out there for me to trade also, you may have noticed the date as 2018. So I have been relishing every bit!
Where was your Bear sausage from Blondie?

Nannymouse

I didn't care for the taste of the fat on the bear meat that i've sampled. I heard a rumor that the best tasting bear is one that is thin after the winter sleep. Sort of opposite of what is done with domestic 'fattened' animals. I don't care for the taste of the fat on venison or lamb, either. Must be from being raised in corn country, back in the day...it was all fattened, back then. Never heard of 'grass fed', until later in life.

The BSHW that i sampled has that wonderful smiling Mexico high, i agree. It was nice to have a reminder of what some of us old farts started out toking. Especially when it was grown out so wonderfully (definitely NOT me, ha). I certainly appreciate the work that you and FL have done!

vermontman

I didn't care for the taste of the fat on the bear meat that i've sampled. I heard a rumor that the best tasting bear is one that is thin after the winter sleep. Sort of opposite of what is done with domestic 'fattened' animals. I don't care for the taste of the fat on venison or lamb, either. Must be from being raised in corn country, back in the day...it was all fattened, back then. Never heard of 'grass fed', until later in life.

The BSHW that i sampled has that wonderful smiling Mexico high, i agree. It was nice to have a reminder of what some of us old farts started out toking. Especially when it was grown out so wonderfully (definitely NOT me, ha). I certainly appreciate the work that you and FL have done!
I think its all subjective, In guess I mean how the bear is prepared, but I have never really been heavy on meat stoked with fats, but in general bear, venison and goat meats are generally very low in fats and that being said love all the above.
As far as BSHW, YES! Viva la Mexico!!! And the people are pretty cool also.

blondie

The trick as I am told at least is to remove the fat as soon as possible, even in the field. This removes the unpleasant fat taste. There must be something to this as the guy who gave me the sausage said this. The one bear I tasted was a younger bear from the North East. But truly a unique and flavorful taste.

sgka

Veteran
The trick as I am told at least is to remove the fat as soon as possible, even in the field. This removes the unpleasant fat taste. There must be something to this as the guy who gave me the sausage said this. The one bear I tasted was a younger bear from the North East. But truly a unique and flavorful taste.
This is accurate. Must be cleaned quickly. Also many shoot them over barrels of donuts so they get sweetened

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Grapey goodness! :)

PXL_20230528_193639851.jpg

Hmong

Veteran
made some traditional hash with PBB trim from last year
60g of dry bud shizzle prefrozen, ended up with a pile the size of the debit card, around 4g
Very decent for pure Sativa.
pbbhash1.jpg

pbbhash2.jpg

Guess that's good enough to try make my first rosin.
Had that press for 1 year now, still sealed^^

Latest posts

Latest posts