What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green haze #19 x Banghi haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Mouth watering results orangina :yummy: The final weeks of flowering really benefited the extra resin production, perfect moment for chop time, well done!

orangina

Veteran
Green Haze #19 x Bangie Haze smoke report

Green Haze #19 x Bangie Haze smoke report

Hey guys,
sorry for my long absence. I was a bit tied up with my job. Talking to an old friend I remembered I owe the folks here some smoke reports.

Unfortunately my SD card is broken so there won't be any pics any time soon. However one can see by the previous ones that there were two phenos.
#1 was the Bangie Haze pheno and #2 the GHaze pheno.

Smell:
Both smelled quite lemony, herby with some woody incense in the back. The #2 Ghaze pheno smelled a bit more citric than the #1.

Taste:
In both phenos the woody flavor dominated. Second was smoky (camp fire) incense, there was hardly any lemon. For me the flavor was interesting and not bad, but not impressive. A friend was disappointed, yet he was hoping for a lemon taste as present in the smell.

I'd say it has quite some of the typical Oldtimers Haze flavors. A good incense haze is something I'm looking for atm and my guess was that this cross might has it, but none of the two phenos had the incense I was hoping for. It was too woody for my taste. It can be that I lost some terps on the way, because I grew the plants with peak temps(30-32) this summer. My next try is HazexKaliChina.

Effect:
The effect is introspective yet active. I smoked both phenos in several situations. Due to the pandemic there were just small gatherings where I could explore the smoke.

Generally I would say one is not locked in, one can still talk to people but the high goes more inwards. I was in a park with some people and while listening and talking to them my mind wandered off on to the grass where yellow leaves were laying. While listening to the talk my mind focused more and more on the patterns of leaves on grass. I briefly had to laugh about myself when I noticed it. Explaining to the others earned me some laughs and oddity.

The high can take you like a breeze and shifft your focus on other things. That's why I would not recommend it for social gatherings, but rather for explorations.

Once I was with a friend and we did a long exploration of another district by bike. You can for sure cycle, yet one should avoid traffic situations which might be tricky to interpret. On our explorations we got often distracted by nice little or big houses which triggered our curiosities and led us several times into extended detours. Things appeared sharpened, illuminated windows so inviting and the building's facades with the little yellow windows like another world. It had put on some funny goggles for us. The next day I had some muscle ache and noticed that it had been quite a long tour.
Dubi commented that the GHxBH would be an electric smoke. Hm I guess mine had some electric features, yet it is still different. With the GHxBH I had several bike rides and enjoyed the trees pass by and being in my deep thoughts. There is an energy activated in the body, yet when I think of an electric strain the state of mind is more alert, this can be pleasand or not but just how I associate the word electric.

People who enjoy explorative sativas will have some fun with this strain. The flavor is quite woody with some incense, yet remember my comments are just based on two phenos and grown in a more mild environment would have preserved more nuances.

I hope this helps some folks with their decision. However, in the end you have to try what suits you best.

Thanks Dubi for the nice cross!

I have a cut of the #1 in flowering atm, so maybe I'll post something if the second run provides different flavors. As it is standing next to two HazexKaliChina phenos it might be nice to compare. I loved the Thai Chi and KaliChina.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks orangina :) Love your smoke reports, i really get the vibes of what you are trying to explain.

Probably your friend prefers the more refined terpene profiles of modern strains rather than the ancient sativa scents coming from Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids.
Usually summer indoor grows with high temps don't produce the best results since the high temps easily degrade the volatile terpenes and decrease quality of resins as well.

I think i know what you mean about the Green Haze x Bangi Haze effects being active yet introspective, such effects can easily be found both in Haze and Bangi Haze, probably even more pronounced in this F1. Glad to hear the effects are also so captivating and sensorial and that there's a bit of incense coming from Green Haze mother.

Haze x Kali China you plan to run next is a great choice since you seem to like incense, Kali China and sativa x KC hybrids.

Koondense

Veteran
Green Haze x Bangi
GreenHazeBangi.jpg

Light green color, pretty thin but not too extreme. I already like her :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Hey dubi,
She's very healthy and vigorous, huge thin fans and a light green color.
Only thing a bit surprising me is the stem flexibility, it's soft like a vine but supportive enough...I think she will need a net so I'll probably start scrogging her soon enough.
The stem rub smell is light and very pleasant, old school ganja with some warmth.
Will post a couple pics during the weekend, also of pangi.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Green haze x Bangi, 10days after first transplant.

GreenHazeBangi_veg_top.jpg

She will get another transplant in flowering and will be tied down...
In the back there is Golden Tiger clone and Michoacan Cream, they share the space with Nevil'sHaze x MM, Pangi, CaliOrangeBud and PotOfGold x HinduKush. Oh, and maybe an autoflower too :)
It's getting crowded and more jungly every day. Good times :)

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
looks indeed very vigorous @Koondense guess can easily become a monster in the transition to flowering, watch out, but no panic, you are well trained ;)

We have listed a few packs of Green Haze x Bangi Haze fem on the R+D section of our website:

Koondense

Veteran
Quick update,
she is very stretchy and lanky but has some nice behaviour, not too wild.
Started to form flowers last week so yet no resin for now.
So far all is under control, she is heavily scrogged so I guess from now on she will need less attention on the canopy and more for the roots. Expecting harvest in mid/late january, maybe even later.
GothBangi.jpg

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update @Koondense Structurally, the flower looks Green Haze dominant, but anticipating much more resin production. I think she indeed will enjoy a bit more of nutrients. How many weeks is she into flowering ?

Koondense

Veteran
Hard to say, I'm not checking my plants so often(once per week fast inspections), maybe two more weeks until harvest. I'll need the room for the next round soon.
Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts