What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greek hash

Hashislife

Hello guys, for my first topic, i go to make a question, I'm studying traditional hash, and the greek local hash is the most mysterious in is fabrication. I know greek made the best hash in the world until the 30s,
so good that in India we wanted it. But the process its very for make it its very mysteriously. I don't know if was nade charas or dry, how month dry the weed, and how time improve the resin before press it.
if a historical expert, or a greek can help me.
Thanks.
sorry if it's not the good section of the forum, i was not sure.

R.i.P Frenchy Cannoli

Last edited:

Hashislife

Interesting . . . I did not know about Greek hash. Here is an pertinent article from Dope Magazine:

The Golden Years…of Hash: Will Greece Return to its Hash-Making Past?

It sounds like they dry sifted unseeded female-only buds that were grown in an ideal environment.

Hmmmm interesting, feminized in this early time?
Very interesting the golden years of hash. I go to read it now.
I go to grow kalamata red this years for making reproduction (I'm leaving in Mediterranean mountain too) and i take every information, for making hash like Greek.😉

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
high & welcome to IC

here is Hash Lover are enough here and love it also if produce it

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
Hmmmm interesting, feminized in this early time?
Very interesting the golden years of hash. I go to read it now.
I go to grow kalamata red this years for making reproduction (I'm leaving in Mediterranean mountain too) and i take every information, for making hash like Greek.😉

From that article:

"Henry de Monfreid, in his 1933 book La Croisière du Hachich (published in English in 1935 as Hashish: A Smuggler’s Tale) . . .

“The fields in which the hemp grows are carefully weeded and all the male plants are pulled out. The female plants which remain cannot therefore bear seeds, and the result is that the leaves become fully charged with a resinous matter. The secretion of this sticky substance is further increased by breaking off the tops of the plants as they grow.”

“In the middle of the room was a sort of table consisting of a very fine metal sieve set up on four legs. On it the hashish was being thrown in spadefuls . . . Women with their heads swathed in handkerchiefs were spreading out and sifting the powder.”"

Hashislife

From that article:

"Henry de Monfreid, in his 1933 book La Croisière du Hachich (published in English in 1935 as Hashish: A Smuggler’s Tale) . . .

“The fields in which the hemp grows are carefully weeded and all the male plants are pulled out. The female plants which remain cannot therefore bear seeds, and the result is that the leaves become fully charged with a resinous matter. The secretion of this sticky substance is further increased by breaking off the tops of the plants as they grow.”

“In the middle of the room was a sort of table consisting of a very fine metal sieve set up on four legs. On it the hashish was being thrown in spadefuls . . . Women with their heads swathed in handkerchiefs were spreading out and sifting the powder.”"

I have read it, it's very interesting, i go to buy la croisière du haschisch 😉

goingrey

I'm not sure but i think was libanon hash for the pine symbol 😉

Pine or cedar?

a-lebanese-customs-employee-displays-a-packet-of-confiscated-hashish-stamped-with-a-lebanese-cedar-in-beirut-may-27-2009-lebanese-internal-security-forces-and-lebanese-customs-anti-drugs-trafficking-division-seized-a-total-of-85-kg-187-lbs-of-hashish-hidden-in-a-refrigerated-container-that-was-supposed-to-be-smuggled-into-the-netherlands-reutersmohamed-azakir-lebanon-society-crime-law-2D2FRX3.jpg

Gry

Have some treasured memories of traditional hash back in the seventies.
The hash being made now in the area's where cannabis is legal, what what being made with fresh frozen buds,
is delightful and awash in flavor, terps and very strong in effect.

Hashislife

The hash being made now in the area's where cannabis is legal, what what being made with fresh frozen buds,

I like the new gen hash, but i prefer old type, it's now not the same in cannabinoids (generally) the old its like a mix of cannabinoids with rare cannabinoids too in the news strain where focus in tch or cbd, and forgive cannabinoids like thcv fir example.
too i love smoke very large joint, a 50% thc hash its not for ne, usually i like it in a party. But i understand who love very strong hash.

I go to make a topic for show my works😉
Here a demo:

Attachments

• photo2111724.jpg
    photo2111724.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 103

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

i too have great memories of hash in the late 60's/early 70's - some it was incredible ... unfort i have not had great hash in a long/long time - i make hash with bubble bags, as well as a screen for kif, and then press into a ball... either way it does not compare with the late 60's, and i wonder why.... if as most people say weed is much stronger today, then the hash should also be stronger too...
stronger going in, stronger coming out ...but that does not seem to be the case

Hashislife

i too have great memories of hash in the late 60's/early 70's - some it was incredible ... unfort i have not had great hash in a long/long time - i make hash with bubble bags, as well as a screen for kif, and then press into a ball... either way it does not compare with the late 60's, and i wonder why.... if as most people say weed is much stronger today, then the hash should also be stronger too...
stronger going in, stronger coming out ...but that does not seem to be the case

I wasn't born in 70's, I began smoke in 2006-2007, in France, was a transition of worldwide importation to marrocan Monopol. In my first years smoking afgani hash, beldia polm, sum(morrocan skunk hash) in hash weed was rarely local and bad red Thai, and a little bit importation of Holland.
The secrets in the old hash is the old strain, have so much cannabinoids like thcv and cbn(thc dégradation) for example, a afgani can keep the guarda (kiff) and let improve it so much time. in goat skins or bottle 10 years before press it. For the flavour and the narcotic effect (the best effect for me)

@peace

Hashislife. Hey man. I just saw that there is a Greek section in the international section of this website, under forums. The people in there may be able to give you some good answers on Greek hash.