What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandpa’s Sativa Grow

GrandpaMillenial

Welcome to my summertime sativa grow.

I am growing:

2 Squirrel Tail #4 from Zomia Collective. (clones of same plant).

2 Ace seeds Panama Feminized, (The flowering tent shows only white pistils so far)

1 DJ Short Flo

My soil is mix:
1 Bag Happy Frog
1 Bag Ocean Forest
1 Bag Coco Loco
2 Bags Roots organic

(thats a lot more dirt than you see here for 5 plants but I was giving clones away and my grow buddy doesn’t have an online presence)

Minimal amendments
1 Tbsp of Dolomitic lime per gal
1/2 Tbsp Bone Meal per gal
1/2 Tbsp Gypsum per gal

1 small box of azomite into the whole mix

Feed, nothing much yet,
Protekt usually only 1tsp per 5 gallons.
Botanicare calmag plus
jacks classic, bloom booster, finish

Additionally
Kelp meal, some barley meal from brewing store, and some Great White myco.

Theses are all clones of plants I have growing from seeds, all being pollinated by a Flo mother.

Garden:
8FBC1657-6760-4275-B07B-06D0A640DDBF.jpeg

Squirrel Tail:
84C80BDD-602F-401A-8B41-8F1FA8CD5DCB.jpeg

62EF8C05-FA46-4013-A1BA-8623D8643DE8.jpeg

Ace Panama:

“Strawberry”
EC6784B7-FCDF-44D7-8DA0-A8CAD7469B73.jpeg

“Stretch”
B7CA9DD4-A9B4-4D5A-B4F0-1E98A2FDBF7E.jpeg

Flo:

AF264E74-A0FA-477E-AFFC-D9C3B021CCAC.jpeg

GrandpaMillenial

Good luck with the grow grandpa. I've ran Panama by Ace, a very worthy candidate. All the others sound great!
Thanks GhostGenetics!

The Panama is showing some different phenos. “Strawberry” started out looking like a squat indica and “Stretchy” has some longer internodes, the mother plants being pollinated under blurples both stretched out pretty good with some nice tight budsites. Looks very promising!

achille

Veteran
I am extremely interested in following the development of your Squirrel Tail/Hang Krarok #4 :whee:So far it looks beautiful ! Very interesting accession along with #1, Thaï sticks ground zero !

From Zomia Collective's site:
  • Name: Squirrel Tail #4
  • Synonyms: Thai-Stick, Hang Krarok
  • Genetics: 100% Phu Phan
  • Style: Ganja
  • District: Phon Sawan
  • Province: Sakhon Nakhon
  • Region: Sakhon Nakhon Basin
  • Area: Khorat Plateau
  • Appellation: Thai Mekong Lowlands
  • Coordinates: 16°53'58.7"N 103°50'20.4"E

GrandpaMillenial

I am extremely interested in following the development of your Squirrel Tail/Hang Krarok #4 :whee:So far it looks beautiful ! Very interesting accession along with #1, Thaï sticks ground zero !

From Zomia Collective's site:
  • Name: Squirrel Tail #4
  • Synonyms: Thai-Stick, Hang Krarok
  • Genetics: 100% Phu Phan
  • Style: Ganja
  • District: Phon Sawan
  • Province: Sakhon Nakhon
  • Region: Sakhon Nakhon Basin
  • Area: Khorat Plateau
  • Appellation: Thai Mekong Lowlands
  • Coordinates: 16°53'58.7"N 103°50'20.4"E
Thanks, I spoke to Brendan at Zomia he said I am in for an 18 week flowering session. I almost went with #1 but choose #4 as these genetics came from where
the cream of the crop thai stick came from.

Here is a picture of the thai mother before we put her in 11/13.

C4132AB6-AADB-4890-8B69-E0906F802E80.jpeg

She was about 4 ft tall and growing past the old mars hydro blurples in 4 weeks.

Ive been plucking fan leaves and guiding my terminal nodes for the moment. She always reacts with some bronze spotting after removing to much. I was feeding jacks classic 20-20-20 at around 1.1 ec she seemed hungry for more, meanwhile Flo was showing Nitrogen excess.

I am giving my girls some Lost Coast Plant therapy as I was lucky enough to catch aphids, Then Ill be going into flower after I macrame myself a trellis.

GrandpaMillenial

Looking good amigo. Flo and blue lines in general can stand about 20% less N than normal cannabis ratios.
Thank you, I had just started testing the waters with a first real dose of nutrients. I’ve noticed the beginning of some claws, (I had some more serious claws when I ran the Blueberry).

I wont be giving much more 20-20-20 as I am now in flowering.

Next feed will probably be straight bloom booster, 10-30-20, with a little cal mag. And speaking of calcium…

I was looking at mulders chart…
F41EA617-5DF7-4434-A797-656EA4E89E32.jpeg

and I feel that excess calcium may be slowing the phosphorus/potassium/magnesium uptake and leading to purple/woody stems that so many people like to point out. Personally, Ive never been to concerned with purple stems, but when they are stiff and difficult to train, I start to wonder.

You have extensive experience with the Blue family, what are your thoughts on calcium sensitivity in the blue family?

Miraculous Meds

Ive ran super low ec and ca and the opposite. I prefer higher ca. I run coir as well. Cut the N a little and things will balance out. With proper levels of ca I find that some phenos green up on the new growth in flower. While others go deep red to purple. Just depends on the pheno in the blue lines.

GrandpaMillenial

Ive ran super low ec and ca and the opposite. I prefer higher ca. I run coir as well. Cut the N a little and things will balance out. With proper levels of ca I find that some phenos green up on the new growth in flower. While others go deep red to purple. Just depends on the pheno in the blue lines.
Thank you,

I usually mix my silica and calmag+ in one bucket and the feed, molasses separately I could blend accordingly and go lighter on the nitrogen for my Flo.

GrandpaMillenial

Just gave a good watering.
5 gallons of dechlorinated water, 1tsp protekt, 4 tsp of calmag plus, 1/4 tsp epsom.
ph 6.6
ec 0.4
3 tsp ground malted barley from brewing store.

Watered till run off started, a little over 4 gallons.

A few days ago I had removed a few lower leaves from the cloning phase.

Starting to work branches into the scrog net.

9357F3BE-B9F4-484E-9D47-90BB78F53D1C.jpeg

Flo tells me that she has more than enough nitrogen for now.

A3CD14EE-F557-4A18-96C1-A6B291F561C4.jpeg

GrandpaMillenial

@GrandpaMillenia how's it going man? How much is the price of the seeds you bought? If it's ok for you to tell?
Hello Tainy,
Going great, How are you? Its no secret where I got my seeds from. Im just a hobby grower, who sometimes makes little crosses when I grow.

I aquired DJ’s Flo and Ace’s Panama from a brick mortar seed store located in Michigan, USA.

I don’t think they ship internationally though.

I bought Flo from a 4+4 of blueberry and Flo, I paid around $90 for 8 seeds. The Panama, I bought a 5 pack feminized for around $75.

The thai, I found from https://www.zomiacannabisco.com/lowlands the prices are in euro about 7Euro per seed plus shipping. My order came from France.

happy growing!