What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grand Doggy Purps - The Shakedown Run

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Production Run Bloom Update Day 42

Unit:

Bud:

Bud:

Budz:

Data:

Plants continue to eat well for this stage. The sweet candy smell is sharpening.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-AK

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking really great AK! I'm gonna need a log book just to keep up with all of your grow threads. Not sure how you do it!

:biggrin:

the gnome

Veteran
hey aero
I decided to run my doggypurps again from clones made from the 1st run we ran together but didn't plan on it.
although it ran hi marks all across the board yield was not very good, 80+ grams from 3 pheno's in 3gal bags.
pitiful yield

although I had planned to let let this one go, very reluctantly because it was so good in other aspects
but i ran the 2 top yielder pheno's again because of available space in the bloom room.
I'm @ 50 days now and I can't believe the weight being put out now.
totally different now growing from clone than they were from seed, are you seeing this in your grows?
sorry if you've posted this info already

talktosamson

Veteran
I can tell you from my experence that my two keeper phenos of grandoggy are much more vigerous in veg than they were in seed form.

the gnome

Veteran
I can tell you from my experence that my two keeper phenos of grandoggy are much more vigerous in veg than they were in seed form.

did you mean more vigorous in clone than seed?
mine are like nite and day,
big fat chemmy budz this round and already turning milky.
last round they went 70 days
i plan to chop by 60 this round.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- gnome

I've only flowered clones of this plant. However in my experience, it's not unusual to see clones out perform seed plants. Looks like it was a good thing you took another look at them!

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Production Run Bloom Update Day 49

Unit:

Bud:

Backside Buds:

Data:

These buds are much better looking at this point than the shakedown buds were. Larger and chunkier with the same thick slathering of trichomes. The sweet smell is even stronger - and the funk undertone is sharpening.

Looking good with a little over 2 weeks to go.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-AK

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stunning as always bro, love your style and feel honoured to have you running our strains (especially the Grandoggy which is a personal favourite).
Real excited to see how things finish up.
Peace

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
meh!

Due to some miscommunication on my part, these got cut while I was on a short vacation. So I don't have anything to show on the end of this run :(

However, it's not all in vain. I had to take a break to prepare for 2 big projects:

Another all-out attempt for maximum yield - the 5Lb/1k challenge part 2 starts in 30 days.

And even cooler - the Rookie AeroFlo Grow Together. We have 6 participants and 2 mentors so far. I will be doing yet another run of GDP in the thread while leading 6 rookies through the process with me.

I'm so happy that Connoisseur Genetics has sponsored the thread! All participants that complete their rookie run will get some beans from CSG. CSG's enthusiasm out of the blocks for this project shows their great support for the community. K+ guys!

Here's the thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=243325

Thank you all for your attention throughout these grows!

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Full on Grandma's Pursecandy!

Sweet thick perfume with a bottom end funk that prickels the nose.

-AK

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Beautiful last pics, I love those purple tones...
How would you rate the potency of the doggies ?
Massive respect for your work and for all the help on IC Mag !
Peace, HJ.

talktosamson

Veteran
Potency is outrageous!! Some of the strongest smoke my stable right now. All the phenos are strong, but the ones that lean towards the chem side of the family will knock rooms of people out. After we trimmed up my keeper pheno of the doggie, we celebrated with a few fat joints of her, and they leveled 5 grow men and my wife best medicine I grew this year hands down.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
20.75% THC!

Just got the results back from the test I had done of the GDP run in the rookie thread.

Check it out!

-AK

the gnome

Veteran
20.75% impressive for sure But I'm not surprised.
and your latest run looks damn good areo :good:
the pics you posted in post 152.... just gorgeous,
what kinds of weight are you pulling down on this round

I just started around 9 more from seed so I'm going to see what kind of pheno variety i can
dredge up in this strain.

G Doggy Purps gets every ones attention when its available here

as always your doing a great job aero

Last edited:

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I selected my keeper for overall quality vs yield. Even so, after the shakedown run, all the runs have came in over 2. There are more cola type phenos that will do better to be found. I am always tweeking, and every run has gotten just a little better in all departments.

The purse candy pheno is voted "best I've ever smoked" more than anything I have done recently by consumers. This includes some strains that have even more power. GDP just has the complete package that makes it "Uber Shelf".

It remains the first thing I reach for every day, whatever the occasion.

Thanks again to the CSG guys for releasing this great strain.

-AK