What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Government of Canada Launches Legislative Review of the Cannabis Act

Rider420

As of late April 2023, there were more than 3,740 legal recreational cannabis storefronts in Canada, or slightly less than one store per 10,000 residents at the national level.

Lots of people making thier living on cannabis! Lots of greedy stock investors out billions of dollars. No cannabis user going to jail KARMA in action it does not get any better then that.

Enjoying my new freedom while chicken little claims its the end of the world.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
As of late April 2023, there were more than 3,740 legal recreational cannabis storefronts in Canada, or slightly less than one store per 10,000 residents at the national level.

Lots of people making thier living on cannabis! Lots of greedy stock investors out billions of dollars. No cannabis user going to jail KARMA in action it does not get any better then that.

Enjoying my new freedom while chicken little claims its the end of the world.
Keep on blabbering meathead, it only exemplifies who stupid and ignorant you really are, Thank You..... :wave:

RMS

:smoweed:

Rider420

Keep on blabbering meathead, it only exemplifies who stupid and ignorant you really are, Thank You..... :wave:

RMS

Yup your sure I'm wrong just like when I posted that cannabis would be legalized in Canada back in 2016 two years before it happened. Just like how I'm quite happy and well adjusted while you blame your unhappiness on conspiracy theories and the Liberals.

Just KARMA in action buddy best of luck with your hate and anger.

BTW 7 in 10 Canadians support marijuana legalization: Nanos poll.
Both in 2016 and now.

Last edited:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
You have the reading skills and the IQ of a tsetse fly. Congratulations, I'm sure your parents are proud of you. :wave:

Look how many likes your pathetic posts have garnered......ONE. Then look at mine. I rest my case.

RMS

Rider420

LOL your sure of yourself because other people on this board agree with you? Like those at the flat earth forums are sure they are right as well eh?

The world is round even when the majority of people believed it to be flat.

FYI the majority of posters here are just Illicit cannabis growers in Canada who lost thier cash cow to legalization. Perfectly willing to let others go to jail so they can make money. It is what it is and you are who you are and I get to laugh my ass off at your expencse. KARMA in action buddy.

BTW A local owner of a cannabis shop loves posting these anti legalization rants and his customers get to have a good laugh from you guys.

Last edited:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Let me repeat one more time, because you are too fucking stupid to figure out much of anything.

43554f4d0a3ad2ec37ad780a02ef1bf1--videos-funny-funny-gifs.jpg

Do you wear a safety helmet on your head to prevent any further brain damage? If you do not which I suspect, I would gladly pay for you to have one. Moreover, I would also gladly pay for you to enroll in a remedial course in English and grammar.

RMS

Rider420

So full of anger and hate good good.

You get what you give buddy its called KARMA. Laughing my ass off at you and your crazy conspiracy theories.

BuckeyeGreen

Rider420 people investing in new business is how this glorious marijuana utopia with which you speak come into existence. People invested money based on the system Canada set up to run the marijuana industry. The crux of the article I posted showed that Canada is not running the marijuana industry the way they said they would and people who invested in the industry you love lost a lot of money.
The story of the man who opened up a shop after borrowing 300k from family and friends and ended up losing it all because of Canada not regulating the industry properly, is an example of what RMS described. Canada allows black market stores that don’t have to follow the regulations to operate in close proximity to stores that do. Those stores can operate much more cheaply and sell their products cheaper making it nearly impossible for the highly regulated shops to compete.
As described in the article, big corporate marijuana businessmen are now competing in Canada because when things get tight for them they simply fire a bunch of people in order to cut costs. The described doing just that in the article. I guess all of those people who lost their jobs had bad Karma too huh?
You don’t know this man’s motivation for opening the shop. You describe his total loss as being attributed to greed. Did you consider a more kind outlook that he may have simply loved marijuana and wanted to make running a marijuana business his life’s work? The point RMS was making that the government has made it very hard for shops that want to do the right thing, follow all regulations, pay all fees and taxes etc., to make the business work profitably, is true.
There are black market stores as described in the article and the failure of the government to make a fair playing field for highly regulated stores is creating this situation where sincere people are losing everything. Also please stop using Karma. It doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Often, we get stuck on translating karma into event-based theory—doing good deeds and having positive thoughts— rather than seeing the larger, philosophical foundation on which it was built.

Karma Yoga is Yoga by Action, and is clearly defined in the Bhagavad Gita by Lord Krishna: “Work alone is your privilege, never the fruits thereof. Never let the fruits of action be your motive; and never cease to work…Be not affected by success or failure. This equipoise is called Yoga.” (Bhagavad Gita)

Karma Marga, The Path of Action, is understood as an active yogi’s realization through his/her own divinity through work and duty. (p 22, Light On Yoga, BKS Iyengar)

These definitions have been tainted by our Westernized culture built on guilt, shame, and hustle mentality. We cling to our work and our duty; in fact, we allow them to define our worth.

We see any mistakes we make as bad and faulty—then we label our own being as bad and faulty.

If karma is action, and the yogic path relies on karma, then our yoga is an active work in progress; a co-creator with the universe.

It is so easy to confuse karma as “I cut someone off in traffic two years ago, so that’s why this bad thing is now occurring,” when it’s really “my thoughts, feelings, and words fuel my actions, thus feeding the karmic cycle of life.”

Karma is action channeled by thought. If your friend walks around saying “I’m doomed,” she is not simply condemning herself, she is repeating a familiar, negative thought pattern that can wreak havoc on her present and future decisions.

It’s important to understand the root meaning of familiar Eastern principles like karma, so that we don’t perpetuate an unfounded belief system that victimizes our psyche and our souls. Karma doesn’t hand out rewards or punishments, it’s an energetic exchange that is created, powered, and contained by the Self.

So the next time you feel good about yourself, speak kindly, observe moments of self-judgement, give yourself another chance: that’s a karmic boost. When you feel badly about yourself or something you have done recently or in the past, use the mantra “next time, I will do better.” It’s not good vs. bad, it’s a constant work in progress on our journey through this life—that’s karma!

Also understand that realistic critiques of government actions is what we should be doing all the time. After all the government officials are our employees and they work for us. We tell them what to do and what not to do. When a government dictates to you what you will and will not think and do, that is an authoritarian government and the leader of that type of government is a dictator.

When a government invites people to invest in an industry, people invest based on how they were told the industry would be run and then when they lose all of their money because the government failed to do it’s job, they have a right to criticize the government. The government of Canada has done a terrible job of managing the marijuana industry if every single investor has lost on average over $40,000. Without investors, no stores.

You would think a person would have some kindness, understanding and compassion for a person, like the man in the article who opened up a marijuana store, a person who followed all of the rules and regulations and lost everything because the government failed to do it’s job. Cold heartedness and indifference to his suffering is cruel. Now if all you care about is that you are getting out of the system what you want and that’s all the matters, then that shows a lot about you. It could be that Karma is at work there.

Rider420

More than 32,000 Canadians have died of toxic drug overdoses since 2016, according to data released by Health Canada in December. Over 3,500 people died of overdoses in the first six months of 2022.

I do not have any compassion for those who put my life at risk for thier profit!

My fiends are making a legal killing as is the vast majority of cannabis shop owners selling cannabis. But the real winners are the users that can buy cannabis that has not been grown with pesticides that can cause cancer when smoked, unlike the black market.

People who buy from the black market when there is a legal choice are morons. The dealers who you think were cool hippies trying to help people are in reality mostly just greedy gang members perfectly happy to sell toxic drugs.

KARMA comes to those who choose the black market and don't get thier drugs tested. If you really want to kill yourself and there are a few guilty soles here you have it MAID.

BTW if you don't like me that's fine buddy but I'm not the one advocating using black market dealers or defending 32000 deaths that they have caused with toxic drugs.

BuckeyeGreen

Sometimes people are just immature. Evidently you couldn’t comprehend the correct usage of Karma after I clearly explained it you and then you used it incorrectly once again. Did you ride the little bus to school?
People buy from the black market because it’s cheaper than legal markets, many times the quality is just as good or better and the fact is that the Canadian government did not hold up it’s end of the bargain by getting rid of the black market so all of the legal stores could operate in a fair market. They look for cheaper options because the Canadian government has also failed with its economic policies. Many people have no choice to search out cheaper options.
Your twisted soul though thinks people, who by necessity, need to search out cheaper options deserve to sick from a product that may not be safe. Wow what a guy. Your cruel streak runs pretty deep.
Man I gotta tell ya your reading comprehension is abysmal. Who said anything about having compassion for those who put people’s lives at risk? I said you should have compassion to the guy who opened up a legal shop, followed all of the rules, paid all of the fees, got his family and friends to invest in his business venture and then the Canadian government allowed black market stores to operate close to his store causing it to fail. If the Canadian government thinks those black market stores are selling products with
Then you reference an article about Medical Assistance in Dying. You are scatter brained as hell. You introduce all of these straw man topics that have nothing to do with the question of whether or not the Canadian government ran the legal marijuana market in a professional and business like manner.
Then you introduce yet another topic on toxic drug overdoses. I’m sure most of the overdoses from toxic drugs were not from toxic pot. The topic of the conversation, is the Canadian government doing a good job with the legal marijuana market? One side said yes and the other said no.
When a government regulates and controls a business enterprise and invites people to invest and open stores, it has a duty to make that business enterprise fair for all investors. The article I referenced proved that the average LOSS of ALL investors in the legal marijuana market is $43,000. That is a colossal failure on the part of the Canadian government.
If it wasn’t a government entity controlling and regulating this business venture and it was a real businessman running the enterprise with every investor losing over $40k, he would be sued and he would never be able to start another business enterprise because no one would invest with him in the future. When a national government agency does it, they can’t be sued, it takes no responsibility and moves onto something else for which it knows nothing but takes control and runs it like a carnival.
You and your buddies are making out though so fuck all the people who got screwed right? Yeah you are right. I don’t like people like that. Yeah the legal pot in Canada may not use pesticides, it does however make sure all pot gets a good dose of radiation and we all know radiation is perfectly harmless.🤪
Ok I’m done with you. Your reading comprehension is so poor it’s a waste of time communicating with. I won’t read any other response with all of the off topic, lacking in comprehension, straw man nonsense you write. So reply with whatever nonsense you want.
Seems like the Toronto Star also thinks legal pot in Canada has failed.
Alhough that doesn’t matter to you because your buddies are doing well. Right? All that matters is YOU!

Last edited:

Rider420

Smoking a joint enjoying my life while greedy fucks hate thier lives.

LOL cannabis legalization is great for users but bad for greedy criminals and stock investors, life is good! That is KARMA bitches. :smokeit:

BTW your crazy conspiracy theories are just too funny, you blame everyone but your self for not being happy you got to love KARMA!

Rider420

Sometimes people are just immature. Evidently you couldn’t comprehend the correct usage of Karma after
LOL
  1. (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
    "a buddha is believed to have completely purified his karma"
    • INFORMAL
      destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.
      "there's something highly satisfying when karma strikes"

Believe anything you want buddy but your miserable while I'm quite happy try googling before you define a word. Love your insults like threats it proves your not quite getting the causes of your misery. Its you dude not me.

Rider420

Hey thanks for the thanks for me working on a farm as well as driving trucks. Your welcome little man. Some day you might even do something worthy of being thanked for like legalizing cannabis? Wait your too late!