What's new

Got a new high power flashlight... hmmmmm

Hubbleman

Veteran
What is this shit.... Got a "Trustfire" flash light of this Chinese website. On the site it says 15000 lumens... Imagine what's it like to turn it on and discover that light out put is 2000-3000 lumens max!!!

I don't get it... It's got 12 led lights right, on my other flash light there's only one identical LED and it produces 800 lumens fare n square. Apply logic to the new light and you'd expect around 10000 lumens from same 12 LEDs!! But it's not.

There was no manual with the light, only 6 18650 type batteries... There are 3 slots for 2 batteries each... I Donno maybe I need to charge them or something?

Green Squall

I've never heard of Trustfire. It sounds like a knockoff of SureFire flashlights which are amazing and made in the good ole' US of A.

KONY

Veteran
Did it come with trustfire batteries? If so they are likely not real 18650s- if you have a digital scale, throw a few on there and see what they weigh...

In general, anything cheap with the word fire in the name with flashlights or batteries should be avoided. These batteries are way more likely to catch fire or explode.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
the Chinese have good and bad products like anyone else ..they just tend to have more junk than most...yeehaw

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The wife wanted a G700 flashlight for Christmas. REALLY? I bought her 2 of them with the charger kits and extra battery. So they show up 3rd week in January. Damn those things are Bad ASS !!! I live in a canyon and can light up the hillside 400 yds away. You could see a small bird or rabbit easily. The wife thinks we have a chupicabra! Now you can blind the little fellar honey. Merry Christmas

Latest posts

Latest posts