What's new

Gorillas In Captivity

its sad to think of what they have to deal with, there is another video from last year where one breaks the glass. they need to at least make a spot for them to get away from prying eyes at the very least.

people that tease them have very little respect for them and the awe of what they can do. i remember a tiger from our zoo got transferred to cali and lived there for a while till 3 kids started throwing sticks and pine cones at it for 30 or 60 mins. after that it had enough of there shit and jumped out of enclosure iirc mauled one killed one, and ill bet to this day the surviving kids wont mess with another wild animal. karma is beautiful to see.

I think zoos are insane unless they have like a legitimate rehabilitation / reestablishing endangered species reason.

Cities feel like zoos to me.

Green Squall

its sad to think of what they have to deal with, there is another video from last year where one breaks the glass. they need to at least make a spot for them to get away from prying eyes at the very least.

people that tease them have very little respect for them and the awe of what they can do. i remember a tiger from our zoo got transferred to cali and lived there for a while till 3 kids started throwing sticks and pine cones at it for 30 or 60 mins. after that it had enough of there shit and jumped out of enclosure iirc mauled one killed one, and ill bet to this day the surviving kids wont mess with another wild animal. karma is beautiful to see.

Pretty sure that was the same gorilla. A little girl was teasing it by thumping her chest.

On a similar note, KUDO's to Sea World for phasing out the Killer Whales. I never thought I'd see the day.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I hate to see animals in cages period....yeehaw..maybe fill the cages with politicians then I would go and throw shit...if seaworld stops the killer whales why not dolphins,seals ,sea lions ect...all an all their work has done a lot for the animals and environment..i know...I like my animals in the wild where I can whack them if allowed or watch them and take pictures..what makes one animal more important than another???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DemonTrich

Veteran
Most zoos animals are rescue animals. Some from shitty owners thinking it's cool to have a chimp or tiger, some that are injured, ect.

When I lived in fla for 25 yrs, there was a chimp preserve/farm that took in any and all primates, they even has the chimp from that TV show (having a brain fart to the shows name). Was located near tarpon springs iirc, even had to put up glass as the primates used to throw their poop and pee on the patrons. Lol

If anything, circus animals.arw the most badly treated animals on the planet. There are some horrific vids behind the circus scene. Zoos are truly a benefit for the animals and people who get to enjoy them. 5 yrs in a row I have a detroit zoo admission. I'd say at least half of the animals have been rescued from other zoos, people, or being rehabbing back to health.

Latest posts

Latest posts