What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Bubble

whiteberrieS

Veteran
Post em up WCS :good:

picture.php
??
trifoliate

think it's a male..should know for sure 2nite. if'n so he's up for culling, his leaves dont taste like the rest of em, more leafy tasting, no electric dank.

bigshrimp

Veteran
What sort or proportion of branchy vs cola type have you all run into through the generations?

Does the sour bubble seem to dominate in structure, and which way have you selected?

Much love, great plants.

shrimp

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will start my Gorilla bubble on the first. can I post up the pics here or should I start a new thread on it?

Bang em here bro if ya can! Hopefully this thread will be the cherry on top of the cake so they will let me list some on the bay. It'll be the third test thread and the most in depth so thats all i can do!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What sort or proportion of branchy vs cola type have you all run into through the generations?

Does the sour bubble seem to dominate in structure, and which way have you selected?

Much love, great plants.

shrimp

Hey shrimp, one of our main goals was to get some structure in the gg4. We achieved that in the F1 since my boy was dominant for his structure (thick stems no support) proven through multiple progeny tests. We have selected toward the gg4 side every filial. Structure and support should be locked in pretty good now. I ran out to F2 before selecting a male for the bx to make selection easier as the plants segregated. Hard to tell with heterozygotes in the F1 so I wanted to make a more informed selection.

The sour Bubble is dominant but we have broken her death grip i think mate. All the plants are much more vigorous than the pure sour bubble.

seems to me these guys are stacking very nice as we advance the project, more cola than golf balls id say, dan has tons of flower pics during if ya wanna wander though his album.

I think we have done well so far, it is very easy to distinguish the sour b leaners early in veg but all plants have increased vigor.

The F1 was more sour bubble like as the heterozygotes showed many of her dominant traits. But like I say we pretty much broke through the stranglehold now.
I popped over 150 beans for selection for bx 2 and i seen tons of glue leaners and the sour B traits are not dominating the cross like the heterozygotes in the F1 did, a good example is dans number 8, great vigor big mamama not slow like sour b but has similar bud structure and leaf shape. You can also see its getting interesting with my tallest boy i posted, huge guy gg4 growth speed with sour b totem pol and leaf set, just its fast as fuck!!!!!

Can only get better i imagine! Awesome unique keepers coming out... I think everyone will find something very nice!

Dan happened to find those big ass gg4 leaning boys in the f1 and those spawned the F2 so by then segregation was waaaay easier to select as you could see the sour b doms very easy and the glue leaners on the other side.

Plans going forward is working on bx2 atm, then will do a big open pollination with the F3s to make F4s, probably leave it at that for awhile because the selections coming out of the filial are awesome and unique.
Do another BX and a BX1F1 divergent line for progeny testing. Thats the general road map so far for this family.

oti$

Well...I suck at seeds. A couple of my seedlings damped off. I hadn't even watered them yet and the coco was quite dry to begin with. The space that my clones and seedlings were in was getting very hot and humid. I went ahead and soaked the remaining seed I was saving for a rainy day. I've moved my cloning operation to another house hoping solve my cloning issues and prevent any more seeds from dieing. I'm kicking myself fir not buying more than one pack. I plan o in chucking around some of the pollen from the males I get.

the gnome

Veteran
got 6 of my GB #4's vegging out unmolested , gonna let them grow out & flower that way for a change . they'll go into flower in a couple weeks , along with the 4 GG4's behind them :biggrin:

in case you forgot what my GB #4 looks like .....
shes the one that won the POTM awhile back :dance013:

View Image

Dan ma man I think pic of the decade is more like it.
I think that's just about the best indoor Ive seen since I started
period!
GB #4---> yes!

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Cant wait till these are available for purchase.
Want them so bad!
Heaven on a stick!

whiteberrieS

Veteran
BX...popped 4 BX and an F3 on this one...one no show.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

BX aka The Trooper. She's still in the humus mix but by God she's gonna make it.
picture.php

Culled the other mad one that went through the overnight in a cup and replaced it with a GSCF2S1 cuz the football team's gonna need a date for prom.

JACKBAYBEH

How far out is the BX 2 release??
Would be interested in running some of these for sure.
Just harvested some OD GG4 about a week ago and can't wait to get a good cure on it.
Turned out really nice down here in central KY.
I don't like the stretch I get on GG4 indoor. These beans may provide a nice alternative.
Please advise Thnx!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should be around Christmas if all goes well! Stress testing males now. I feel irresponsible if I dont test for intersex.... just need to complete my protocols then into flower.
stretch is more manageable and they generally support themselves well.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
picture.php

There should be a warning for looking at this gorilla bubble thread.

Pictures may cause severe whiplash from rubbernecking in the sugarstorm.

Seriously i think if i showed this pic to my girls right now they would hermie!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the filial is really putting out stunners with some unique characteristics atm! Dan colored cut wasnt to shabby either!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the filial is really putting out stunners with some unique characteristics atm! Dan colored cut wasnt to shabby either!

you mean this girl ??? My #1

picture.php

she was my biggest yielder too , but the buzz didn't do it for me , so i let her go .
Can't keep them all :shucks:
picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The #2 pheno , most sour bubble of them all in the 2nd seed run .

picture.php

the #3 was a close second to #2 just less color .

picture.php

I have to throw in at least 1 pic of the Darlins net #3 , just to make these guys drool a little more :biggrin:

she is a Sour bubble & GG4 cross also , but a different SB dad was used by another member , the dad was the DMT pheno of SB from Paladin420 .
grew this one & another one out at the same time as the rest .

picture.php

shegrows

@tonygreen your crosses looks amazing! Where did ya find the sourdubb seeds & original cut & pollen? Id love to use them for my project's.

Best wishes

shegrows

Ah okey, is it possible to get some pollen of the selected male who has made the lady on the last pic? Or the other guy's pollen?