What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good water pump for dwc?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats a Good water pump for dwc?
Hi cheesebuds depends on the size of your res or bucket more info needed to be honest Ca++ done some good info on centrifugal pumps a while ago some good knowledge from him on them cannot remember link but this may be a starting point in this link below ..

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
This would be for a 1 gallon dwc bucket. I have a pump but it doesn't seem to pump enough bubbles. So I thought maybe one more powerful would give me more bubbles right. Thus growing a bigger and healthier plant.

1709741288216.png

Tomatoesonly

Thing is I don't know what brand the get that's more powerful.
They have a rating on them, but it seems the Chinese just make that stuff up most of the time. I've been eyeballing needing some new water pumps for single dripper type setups, and you can't find anything on Amazon that you trust leaving for more than a day, or however long it would take your plant to die if the pump fails.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I'm going to recommend killing two birds with one stone. Give this a try if you want to keep it simple.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They have a rating on them, but it seems the Chinese just make that stuff up most of the time. I've been eyeballing needing some new water pumps for single dripper type setups, and you can't find anything on Amazon that you trust leaving for more than a day, or however long it would take your plant to die if the pump fails.
Im using these ones pond pumps been using them for a while now use them in my atami wilmas cant fault them cheap enough price about 40...50 quid if i recall quiet more than the ones which came with my systems

bottom link in my signature..

Thegreengrower64

So when looking for a pump. Do I look for one that is capable of the most litres?
Yes, for your situation. Calculated on the amount of buckets you're going to use. The one I showed, which I use, is easily good for 9 -10 buckets. The pond pump are also so much quieter than the compressor pumps.