What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good or bad idea?

Hi everyone, I'm back to ask you for advice, is it possible to remove yellow and old leaves or simply the large leaves to give space and light to the smaller ones with autoflowering plants?
I read that some people say to be careful because autoflowering plants suffer a lot from these "traumas" while others say that if done correctly it can benefit the plant, what do you think??

mmm ok, im in the second week of growing, and the first leaves are turning yellow, what do you think, cut or wait?

IMG_1002.jpeg
IMG_1003.jpeg

If the leaves are bronzed or turned negative colors they will not be efficient. Removing them may be in the best interest of the plant. However, if they are healthy leaves, leaving them would be best to keep the stomata for maximum transpiration.
then maybe in my case I could cut without too many problems....

Good evening everyone, I'm here again to ask you for some advice, I'm still writing on this post so I don't clog up the forum with my questions!!
This week I cut the yellow leaves that I was asking about a couple of weeks ago, and in the meantime the hydroponic plants are starting to grow, I'll post some photos of both, my doubt concerns some leaves of the hydroponic plants that are trying to "curl ", why do they do this? is it a shortage of something or the proximity to the lamp??
Only one plant suffers a lot from this problem, as you can see in the last photo, I hope it's nothing too serious. . .
I'm waiting for your advice! Thank you

IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_1023.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

ok, I think it's heat stress for the lamp.... now I'm aerating more, I hope it works.... is there any trick to keep the water in the hydroponic vase a little cool? luckily I planted now that we are in autumn, I imagine next summer, if it reaches 23 degrees now, who knows how much the temperature will rise!!!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Hydroponic water chillers are essential for keeping your reservoir dialed into the ideal temperature range. If your nutrient solution gets too warm, it could prevent your plants from uptaking nutrients. Or worse - it could lead to mold, mildew, and other problems at the root zone. Google

PH is ok... is a heat stress problem.... uff, thanks anyway

@Creeperpark I check some chiller but it cost too much, like all the grow system .... fortunately now the temperatures are decreasing in my area, in the summer period I will have to put everything in the cellar ... ahah

Hi all guys, I'm finally completing my first blooms in soil, I'm a week away from completing the cycle of my Magnum and Mimosa Cake, for the first time I'm very satisfied, and apart from the heat stress problems it's gone at the beginning everything smooth.
I still have a bit to go for the hydroponic plants, out of four the amnesia and ak47 seem to be doing really well, I didn't think they would grow so big, while the Gorilla, which can't be seen in the photo, has remained more contained, finally unfortunately the Lemon Haze she immediately had some growth problems and remained very very small.

MAGNUM
IMG_1118.jpg

MIMOSA CAKE
IMG_1119.jpg

AK47 - AMNESIA
IMG_1120.jpg

I wanted to ask you, can you give me some advice for using all the "waste" when it's time to collect?
I'm almost determined to get a washing machine to make some hash, but I don't really understand how it works, all the waste must be cut fresh and immediately frozen and then used with notes in the washing machine??? or does everything run dry?
And another thing… with this method I have to use normal ice ? Or dry ice ??

or if you have other advice on how to exploit everything before making hash or resins, I'm all ears!

Thank and good evening !

Last edited:

sublingual

Hi all guys, I'm finally completing my first blooms in soil, I'm a week away from completing the cycle of my Magnum and Mimosa Cake, for the first time I'm very satisfied, and apart from the heat stress problems it's gone at the beginning everything smooth.
I still have a bit to go for the hydroponic plants, out of four the amnesia and ak47 seem to be doing really well, I didn't think they would grow so big, while the Gorilla, which can't be seen in the photo, has remained more contained, finally unfortunately the Lemon Haze she immediately had some growth problems and remained very very small.

MAGNUM
View attachment 18913728
MIMOSA CAKE
View attachment 18913727

AK47 - AMNESIA
View attachment 18913729
I wanted to ask you, can you give me some advice for using all the "waste" when it's time to collect?
I'm almost determined to get a washing machine to make some hash, but I don't really understand how it works, all the waste must be cut fresh and immediately frozen and then used with notes in the washing machine??? or does everything run dry?
And another thing… with this method I have to use normal ice ? Or dry ice ??

or if you have other advice on how to exploit everything before making hash or resins, I'm all ears!

Thank and good evening !
You can do your trim with dry ice and a 200 micron bag. That's what I do. Unless you plan on having a lot of trim, then a washing machine is hardly cost-effective. Dry ice gets you a more contaminated product but if you use it for edibles, it's not such a problem. You could also rosin press the product to make it more pure. Bubble bags use water and ice and gives several fractions by the different sizes of mesh. However, you need to dry the product for several days before use.

sublingual

Ok, but I don’t understand, I have to use the trim “fresh”,just cuffed and get in freez or have to be dry ???
That is your preference whether you use it fresh or dry. Some folks chase after terpenes and so they freeze the plant fresh and then produce "live resin." This makes for great flavored smoke or vape.
My growing philosophy doesn't allow that since I dry down a plant before harvest. I just stop watering it for a week or so and let the big leaves wilt. I cut the fan leaves before hanging to dry. Live resin is not so important to me as I focus on the effect mostly. The extra week in my dry down, in my opinion, increases resin on the plant. I make sure that the media is not overcharged with nutrients by feeding low numbers during the growing stage (about 1.1-1.4 EC). I grow sativas and they like lower fertiliser charges by nature.