What's new

Good Auto Strains for the Outdoors in the Northeast @ 45N?

Did one sour diesel in a 5 gal (maybe it was a 3) SP last year, it turned out ok I had to cut it early due to the density of the buds harboring mold without the protection of the greenhouse despite the fact it was treated with activonate. I suspect that strain just wasn't meant for my area. At any rate I STILL ended up with probably 40g of bud 2 months before the big girls finished, nice to have fresh outdoor in late july!

So the Question(s) are:
1. New england growers.. Autoflower strains that go hard and fast and are as mold/mildew resistant as possible?

Space/dirt cannot afford to be wasted working on a limited budget this year, so an indoor germination will be necessary - I know autos aren't real happy about being transplanted but I like the idea of a small solo/stryo cup pre-cut/perforated for easy transplanting.. any expertise on this would also be appreciated.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can start in styro cups, but when transplanting to larger vessel, make it 5-7 gallon. With 5 gallon, (if smaller auto) use can plant 2, sometimes 3 culling runts or males.
Choose strain that you can LST, bending down branches.

We've had numerous customers have a nice harvest at that latitude with ours.

Larger autos don't necessary mean more potent. Sure, some are sativa leaning,(more space between nodes) - do your research before buying.