What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goldmoney

P-NUT

Veteran
Has anyone seen goldmoney.com? Seems like it would be a good way to buy and sell seeds or other things. I know I would feel safer using goldmoney than bitcoin but have never used either. Safer as in its backed in gold not speculation. Hopefully some seedbanks will start accepting it soon.

I like gold money. never used it but second your idea.Seems less volatile than bit coin and more easy to track swings in value as there are lots of commercial investors and annalist that follow gold. Now the seed banks have to agree. but honestly i just use credit card most of the time. if a place doesn't accept credit card i find it really hard to jump through hoops to get them the money. the beans better be exclusive shit i can't get anywhere else. was like that with bog for a while but recently found a place that excepts credit cards and has legit bog gear.:woohoo:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the whole credit card purchasing of seeds and grow equipment can have bad consequences if you are not legal.

just heard about a guy in Holland that got busted only because they found his name and addy with an online grow shop. this made them look at the electric use and that made a judge grant a warrant.

so yeah personally i will prefer to jump through the hoops. have made a small purchase here or there online using cc in the past, but won't be doing it again. you never know when some time in future they decide to follow all those tracks peeps leave with their CC purchases. time to go for bit coin, just don't leave your money in bit coin, buy it and use it, unless you are trying to use it for investment purposes.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
"isnt the us dollar supposed to be gold money"

The US dollar has not been backed by gold or silver since 1971 or earlier..

The only value the US dollar has, is the fact that the US govt. "promises" you that it is worth something...

edit: if you still poses some US coins (dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver dollars) dated 1964 or earlier,
they are "real money", as they are made of 90% pure silver...and thus have some "real" value, due to scarcity...

Gry

Lot of things were supposed to be.
Kinda like our commons; decency, integrity morality.