What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger x Panama feminized limited edition

Keif Cake

Veteran
Dolomite lime is one of the additions that helped me get more Ca and Mg to my sativas as they dissolve slowly, for longer flowering sativas this is perfect.
It does much better than when i was using horticultural powder garden lime and epsom salt.

If i dont go too long without adding Sulfate of Potash and a little more Super Triple Phosphate somewhere midway through flower, mine finish looking really nice now.

The biggest issue i come across is now a little over fertilization on some as i play around with the ratios a little, the 2nd run of Green Haze pheno Destroyer x OTH is looking quite rough from lockout of adding some Potash at uppotting as it went into flower. Once over ferted it's really difficult diagnosing deficiencies as it goes through flower because the leaves already look terrible removing the excess from the soil.
Halfway through as the leaves started looking differently worse, i added some All Purpose Dr Earth, a spoon full of Potash, and a teaspoon or so of S T Phosphate and all the new growth looks like it should, lime green and spot/burn free.

I will soon be starting the remaining (8 i think) GT Panama. If i can get 6 of those above ground, i like my chance of finding Two to bang together.

If i could pick the outcome, I'd love an extra frosty low yielding Thai vine and another extra fluffy, super resinous Panama one.

Regarding the GT Pan cutting I had, the clone run was certainly subpar, bad nutrient ratios kept clones from making it, and most certainly affected the final product, it doesn't have the head punch the first run had.

I was also practicing really terrible procedures for preserving genetics, because it had worked mostly very well so far. Now I'm using a tent with a rack in it, this is a mix of seedlings and clones from plants that look promising, if i get surprised by growth or anything later in flower, reveg usually works unless i messed up big time on the nutrients.

20231229_072001.jpg
20231229_071943.jpg

Attachments

• 20231229_071949.jpg
    20231229_071949.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 46

Common Sense

Dolomite lime is one of the additions that helped me get more Ca and Mg to my sativas as they dissolve slowly, for longer flowering sativas this is perfect.
Hello @Shua1991 , could you tell us how much dolomite (powder/grain/sand?) you are using with what type of soil?
I collected a bag of some fine dolomite gravel myself this fall and plan on mixing it with some commercial high grade potting soil plus some primary rock powder. I have had good experiences with that potting soil, apart from running into some deficiency which seemed primarily Ca++/Mg++ related.

Shua1991

Hello @Shua1991 , could you tell us how much dolomite (powder/grain/sand?) you are using with what type of soil?
I collected a bag of some fine dolomite gravel myself this fall and plan on mixing it with some commercial high grade potting soil plus some primary rock powder. I have had good experiences with that potting soil, apart from running into some deficiency which seemed primarily Ca++/Mg++ related.
Depends on the plant, a teaspoon per gallon was my usual dose per plant. Be aware of the ph raising ability of dolomite lime, it usually settles around 7(neutral), I am using 75%"happy frog" from "fox farms" as a soil base with about 25% perlite added. Most sativa varieties require less nitrogen, so I use a soil with less nitrogen.

Last edited:

Common Sense

Depends on the plant, a teaspoon per gallon was my usual dose per plant. Be aware of the ph raising ability of dolomite lime, it usually settles around 7(neutral), I am using 75%"happy frog" from "fox farms" as a soil base with about 25% perlite added. Most sativa varieties require less nitrogen, so I use a soil with less nitrogen.
Thanks, @Shua1991 , that is a very helpful answer. I do understand the pH issue. The primal rock I am about to use also raises the pH to about 7.2 (in a thick suspension), it is made out of volcanic rock. I will probably start with just a little of both.

Keif Cake

Veteran
I think I'm putting the GT Panama and a different Chocolate Thai line in paper towels tonight.

I think Ive determined that I did end up with 2 GT Panama x Destroyer OTH females. Ive tried looking through pics to confirm, but I'm quite sure the very strong GT Panama had this same curved tip on some leaves along with a few variegated leaves.
20240102_200832.jpg
20240102_200824.jpg

I need to get her in a bigger pot, i was thinking it was one of the Thai, so it got in a smaller pot. Looking forward to this Orange/White tag female, if my memory serves correct.

20240102_200724.jpg

Red/White. They look like sister plants to me, just one slightly smaller to having pot.

20240102_202255.jpg

20240102_200939.jpg

Attachments

• 20240102_200901.jpg
    20240102_200901.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42

Keif Cake

Veteran
8 GT Panama looking nice and strong
20240205_191137.jpg

And a GT Panama x Destroyer OTH that smells exactly like the mother did, this one should be quite nice.
The Old Timer Haze has really contributed very nice stacking of nodes with minimal spacing

20240205_191154.jpg

Attachments

• 20240205_191154.jpg
    20240205_191154.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 46

Lowpine

Hi all! I managed to find a pack of these GT-P, I’m feeling pretty lucky!

This will be my first 100% sativa grow, but have a couple grows under my belt, some auto flower and hybrid photos. My setup is no-till organic 20-25 gal pots in 5x5 under HLG leds. I’ve been working on my scrog the past 4 grows and picked GT-P in part because of the recommendation in the cultivar description.

I found this thread after ordering, so this is a great surprise. I haven’t gotten the pack yet but I’m guessing it will be a v2? I’ll look for a date perhaps. I want to harvest at the end of sept(Indoor), so I’m figuring what the right flip date would be. I tend to like to give my hybrids extra time to finish off, I know these will flower much longer to begin with so it will be an exercise in patience. It makes me wonder if other folks like to finish that way and if your flowering times are still within the 11-13 weeks?

I’m still going through the thread for info and really appreciate all the photos and information!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dear growers,

STOCK ALERT: Very last packs of Golden tiger x Panama feminized available here at the source:

This limited edition won't be restocked in the short to mid-term once sold out.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all! I managed to find a pack of these GT-P, I’m feeling pretty lucky!

This will be my first 100% sativa grow, but have a couple grows under my belt, some auto flower and hybrid photos. My setup is no-till organic 20-25 gal pots in 5x5 under HLG leds. I’ve been working on my scrog the past 4 grows and picked GT-P in part because of the recommendation in the cultivar description.

I found this thread after ordering, so this is a great surprise. I haven’t gotten the pack yet but I’m guessing it will be a v2? I’ll look for a date perhaps. I want to harvest at the end of sept(Indoor), so I’m figuring what the right flip date would be. I tend to like to give my hybrids extra time to finish off, I know these will flower much longer to begin with so it will be an exercise in patience. It makes me wonder if other folks like to finish that way and if your flowering times are still within the 11-13 weeks?

I’m still going through the thread for info and really appreciate all the photos and information!

Thanks a lot for your support @Lowpine and welcome to ICMag :) Where did you get your GTxP pack ?
Our latest packaging doesn't state packing date. If you purchased it recently, it's the second version with the Thai dominant Golden Tiger V2 female as mother.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your support @Lowpine and @JAHNODUB Glad you managed to get one of the last Golden Tiger x Panama packs :yes: please, keep us updated. It's one of our most vigorous, bigger sized and high yielding hybrids among our tamed sativa strains, so plan ahead.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We are sold out of the Golden Tiger x Panama feminized limited edition here at the source, and since we are busy with other projects, she is not going to make a comeback in the short to mid-term. Thanks everyone for your support :yes: