What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger 3rd Thai Dominant version limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
No worries chilliwilli looks indeed very Thai dominant (branching, flowering style, ...). A pitty the mites came back, that 's why i recommend to never re utilize soil from previous infected grows and make sure to clean the indoor room, tools, pots, fans... everything in detail before starting a new grow in the same place, otherwise you are buying tickets for a come back of the spider mites, especially when summer is coming.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Will dev do that. The great clean up starts after harvest. My plan is to test the cannabis specific water only mix that i can get in austria like kanamu pacha, sonnenerde bio hanferde and empfinger hanferde bio premium.
I will also start a soilchange on my balcony and terrarium.

Shua1991

Boil some water, stick the soil in a trash bin

Poor boil water over soil until the entire thing is basically steaming/boiling. The boiling water will kill any and all viruses/viroids/bacterium/eggs/insects.

Make sure the soil is drenched, do this twice and the soil can be reused, after amending. This is how I sterilize my soil of insects/mites. It can take a few days if you don't have any drainage for the soil to leak the boiling water. A cover helps prevent any insects from contaminating further.

wutwut

Veteran
Koh phayam was 2014 so a long time ago but when i smoked the gt 3.0 it reminded me of smoking this brick weed. Nice dreamy psychedelic powerfull sativa.
have you tried original gt fem? if yes, what differences did you notice to this 3rd version? i really miss that phayam brick effect. if this gt3 is similar to it, i can finally stop the chase haha. i remember it was dreamy, very happy/positive/optimistic, euphoric, a bit energetic, psychedelic high.. munchies.. mmmm.... also it felt good in the body, like warm. overtoking it might cause paranoia and quiet craziness.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
have you tried original gt fem? if yes, what differences did you notice to this 3rd version? i really miss that phayam brick effect. if this gt3 is similar to it, i can finally stop the chase haha. i remember it was dreamy, very happy/positive/optimistic, euphoric, a bit energetic, psychedelic high.. munchies.. mmmm.... also it felt good in the body, like warm. overtoking it might cause paranoia and quiet craziness.
No sorry never smoked the original gt.
Iirc the phayam bricks were from burma.

Garmonbozia

Some pics of my GT 3rd Thai Dominant just before harvest at 102 days since 12/12.
PXL_20230206_044836322.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_044840241.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_044935601.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_045717973.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_045649400.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_044905344.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_044913621.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_044930781.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_045306936.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230206_045251779.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230206_044836322.PORTRAIT.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a great way to intoduce yourself to this room Garmonbozia :hotbounce amazing final pics on all the different ACE strains you have just finished indoors, thanks for making justice to GT3 genetics indoors. Since you have just harvested both versions, i'm curious to know your opinion on GT2 vs GT3, growing-wise too, but especially for finished product after curing.

Garmonbozia

Thanks Dubi,
i loved my last GT2 from my last session it was bigger than the last one because i let 4/5 weeks for vegging in 11l Pot. The GT2 from this last session is only 3 weeks in 11l and no topping.
I'm curious to test and compare this GT3 with the GT2 but i'm pretty sure it's more clear and focus than GT2.
This GT3 seems have lemony incensey terps but with a little background of malawi terps too.
I'll wrote a smoke report after a good curing (3 months mini for GT).

Last edited:

Cannabrainer

Wow I have got 6 seeds from this variety in the fridge, but after seeing this I am tempted to make some room for it and pop those beans. Damn that is beautiful. And indoors? with these buds? I wonder what set up you had. Congratulations!

Fennecfox

3rd version golden tiger at 77 days. this was the shortest plant her sisters are like double the height from seed, but I’m re running her as a clone and she was biggest in veg as a clone. I flipped my second run of golden tigers 16 days ago. Temps were very cold this run 15-25c most of her early life.
IMG_0855.jpeg

Looking like two more weeks she’s about as fast as the 2nd version golden tiger fems I’ve got going as well. Probably another 4-5 weeks on her GT3 sisters.

Last edited:

Fennecfox

Goden tiger 3rd version at around 13 ish weeks maybe another 1 or 2
IMG_1012.jpeg

You can see 1 seed if you look close had a fem reversal going on in another room. Nice pheno for indoors, very manageable. Her clone is the fastest growing but still doesn’t stretch crazy like the others. Nice frost, good bud to leaf ratio. more Thai leaning structure than the GT2.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Azure friend :) happy to see you include 2 GT3s for this year outdoor season!

Thanks for joining the thread with your experience @Fennecfox much appreciated. A pleasure to learn about your endeavours with GT2 and GT3, your 'short sized and fast flowering' looks lovely. I'm very curious to know more about the taller, longer flowering expressions, and at the end of the ride on your opinion between GT2 vs GT3 ;) hope you find gold in both!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Are the meao thai phenotypes easy to select/discern from the others? I'm looking for those speedy and racy phenotypes, none of the GT regs I grew last year provided that effect.

Hi @Shua1991 GT3 doesn't contain meao Thai. GT3 is Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi.

We have a GT2 Meao Thai dominant mother that is exactly what you said for effects, so such effects can be found in her offpsring in GT 2 regular release. Pm me if you are looking specifically for offspring from that mother.

Garmonbozia

@dubi ,
sorry to be late for my vape report of GT3 but i had to stop vaping for 3 months.
I'm vaping again since last week but i'm testing all the strains i harvested by turns.
My first choice after that break was the GT3 but of course after 3 months without vaping the vape report won't be totally objective so i have to test it all day along this friday to finalize my first impression.
I just can say for now it's cleaner and more focus than GT2 and for my first vape since 3 months it was a very very pleasant and blissfull high.
I'll try to write a more accurate vape report after this week-end.

Latest posts

Latest posts