What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Hour (Lambsbread x Headbanger)

Waka

Hi Everyone,

I'm really excited to document this cross as I've been looking for the right genetics to cross into my Lambsbread. After growing Karma's Headbanger I was impressed with it's uniformity across the progeny and thought it would be perfect to cross it into the Lambsbread.

Lambsbread (The Bread)
Unknown genetic background. Was gifted from a stranger 10+ years ago and told it was "Lambsbread". Knowing Lambsbread is a landrace and this is a 9 week strain it's safe to say it's most likely a hybridized version of Lambsbread but leaning heavily to the sativa side.

picture.php

Headbanger
Most of you are already aware of Headbanger and the reputation it carries. Sour Diesel x Biker Kush.

Goal
To create progeny that produces plants with heavy sativa effects. I also plan to back cross the lambsbread so I can try and find a male version that's similar to the female and use that for future breeding projects.

Current Status
Pollinated The Bread half way through week 3 via the Qtip method. I expect seeds in 6-7 weeks. I'll update this thread as things progress and I hope everyone will enjoy.

Waka

Small update. The Bread is in the early stages of seed production. Should have a good amount of seeds to sift through.

picture.php

Happy Times

Neat cross ya got going there, like the uniqueness of this cross with those parents!

Male Headbanger or reversed female? If male I was curious how you picked the one(s) you downselected to

Best of luck and hope you keep us posted!

Waka

Thanks for the support!

I used a male headbanger. I chose the fastest growing male with the tightest internode spacing.

I'm currently reversing another lambsbread to a male to make some others crosses but that will be a future thread.

Waka

To hold everyone over while we wait for the seeds to finish below are a couple finished shots of the bread. I'm hoping a lot of phenos will be close to this type of structure. The bread is special to me because you get that full on sativa effect but with only a 9 week flower time. I hope that can be passed on to the progeny.

picture.php

picture.php

bushed

Very unique looking strain, was you gifted a clone or did you select yours from seed?

I would expect the seeds to be all over the place with two hybrid parents sure you will have lots of fun digging through them.

Waka

Very unique looking strain, was you gifted a clone or did you select yours from seed?

I would expect the seeds to be all over the place with two hybrid parents sure you will have lots of fun digging through them.

Clone was gifted to me but the original person who gave it said they lost it and we lost contact with them. Myself and one other person have this cut that we know of but maybe it's still kicking around.

There will be variance in the progeny but looking forward to sifting through.

Happy Times

What are smells/tastes like on that Lambsbread? A buddy round’ Portland was doing something by the same name a few years back, it was sweet and fruity and grew some ridiculously huge tendriled colas

Waka

What are smells/tastes like on that Lambsbread? A buddy round’ Portland was doing something by the same name a few years back, it was sweet and fruity and grew some ridiculously huge tendriled colas

The bread does have a sweet smell with a spicy taste. I would be curious to see if he still has it. Below is a finished bud shot, not sure if that would help determine if it's the same cut or not.

picture.php

HAZENACIOUS

Hi Waka,

Beautiful plant, reminds me of a really nice sativa leaning skunk hybrid, those are my favorite skunk phenos. As far I as I know headbanger is an OG Sour Diesel cross, diesel also has skunk in it, and that very sativa up high. Looks like a really nice pairing. Did you by chance select a male that was leaning more to the diesel side?( sounds like you may be leaning in that direction with your selection criteria...)

Waka

Hi Waka,

Beautiful plant, reminds me of a really nice sativa leaning skunk hybrid, those are my favorite skunk phenos. As far I as I know headbanger is an OG Sour Diesel cross, diesel also has skunk in it, and that very sativa up high. Looks like a really nice pairing. Did you by chance select a male that was leaning more to the diesel side?( sounds like you may be leaning in that direction with your selection criteria...)

Thanks for the kind words! When selecting my male a lot of them were very similar in structure. I was looking for a thinner blade opposed to a fatter blade leaf but to say with 100% certain I have a diesel leaning male I can't say but I'm confident in my choice. Very excited for the progeny. Can't wait to share my finds with everyone.

HAZENACIOUS

Thanks for the kind words! When selecting my male a lot of them were very similar in structure. I was looking for a thinner blade opposed to a fatter blade leaf but to say with 100% certain I have a diesel leaning male I can't say but I'm confident in my choice. Very excited for the progeny. Can't wait to share my finds with everyone.

Pleasure, thank you for the response, well that is very good, judging from that beautiful female selection, I bet you found a good one, looking forward to watching this grow. :tiphat:

Waka

Small Update. Things are moving along very nicely. Seeds should be done in about 3-4 weeks. I usually chop and let the seeds dry in the bud for a week. If you make your own seeds post how you dry your seeds, I'm curious what other people do and maybe I can learn something new as well.

xjCQAAY.jpg

HAZENACIOUS

Small Update. Things are moving along very nicely. Seeds should be done in about 3-4 weeks. I usually chop and let the seeds dry in the bud for a week. If you make your own seeds post how you dry your seeds, I'm curious what other people do and maybe I can learn something new as well.

View Image
Hi Waka,
Looking good, I think it's a good idea to let them fully dry in the bud. I have noticed that seeds will often mature when drying in the bud, and even if not fully mature when wet, may mature enough once the bud is dry, to finish, and be sproutable. I usually leave them in the bud, to gather at the bottom of the jar, as I slowly smoke the weed containing the seeds, unless I need them sooner.
Also I notice a significant increase in viability, if they sit for a couple months as opposed to fresh sown. I frequently do dow them as soon as they are dry and still get a 75%+ germination rate. After a couple months it's closer to 100%.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts